Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL!

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Jl- 2007 Sahara Jk
Well if you want the white to work off of 2 different inputs (Aux and Courtesy) you would need to install an in-line diode on the courtesy light wire so that the Aux power does not back-feed and turn on your dome light when you turn on the Aux switch.
Hello i just received my sidetrack lights and have watched the install videos and would like to know if you can help. I would like to have the white lights come on with courtesy li lights and be able to work them manually with my auxiliary switch- I read that I would need a inline diode- i haven't worked with 1 of those before so can you tell me which 1 should get and instructions on how it should be hooked it. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Hello i just received my sidetrack lights and have watched the install videos and would like to know if you can help. I would like to have the white lights come on with courtesy li lights and be able to work them manually with my auxiliary switch- I read that I would need a inline diode- i haven't worked with 1 of those before so can you tell me which 1 should get and instructions on how it should be hooked it. Thanks
Unless you are intimately familiar with wiring and how to prevent back feeding from multiple inputs we recommend that you select one input (courtesy or AUX) as the product was intended.

Note: You can still activate the lights manually if connected to the courtesy lights by using the dimmer switch on the dash.

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can someone tell me/show me where the white wire comes inside from the rubber grommet on the driver's side. Im stuck and can't see where it is ive watched the videos and followed tutorial but it doesn't show where it enters cabin

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Can someone tell me/show me where the white wire comes inside from the rubber grommet on the driver's side. Im stuck and can't see where it is ive watched the videos and followed tutorial but it doesn't show where it enters cabin
The very very top left corner. Give me a few and I can take a pic.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
For whatever reason, the pic turned counterclockwise 90 degrees.
Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL! 8ED02CB9-80E4-4E62-AC91-C21949C66D88

Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Oh yeah.... @ORACLElights.... I see what you did there.
White wire - white light
Yellow wire - yellow light

Well played.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Oh yeah.... @ORACLElights.... I see what you did there.
White wire - white light
Yellow wire - yellow light

Well played.
:like:

Here is a cool mod from a customer, color-matched to the Jeep's theme:

115862975_3477303088967400_479936852902924520_n.jpg

115824859_3477302998967409_4165127521362513421_n.jpg

115843751_3477303005634075_2042612217560239631_n.jpg

MCJA

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
@Phatm9 , take a look at the item on Amazon below:

https://smile.amazon.com/Roadmaster-792-Hy-Power-Diode-Pack/dp/B0002UHVHI/

I plan on installing some of these Sidetrack lights soon, and I'll be wiring them the way you asked about. The product I linked above is designed for towing a dingy with an RV - they allow you to have the brake lights on your towed vehicle to be activated by the brakes on the towing vehicle without backflowing either vehicle's electrical system. They're automotive grade and sealed against water and dust. They're perfect for this application.

There are two inputs and one output.
  • Input #1: From one of your sources - presumably the courtesy lights, as Oracle states in their instructions
  • Input #2: From your other source - i.e., from the switch you want to use to turn them on manually
  • Output: To the Sidetrack light
Once I get mine installed, I'll post a write up on my build journal. I already have them pre-wired, I just need to get the lights and install them.

Jeep Wrangler JL First Look: Sidetrack LED System for Wrangler JL! IMG_5474.JPG

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation

I plan on installing some of these Sidetrack lights soon, and I'll be wiring them the way you asked about. The product I linked above is designed for towing a dingy with an RV - they allow you to have the brake lights on your towed vehicle to be activated by the brakes on the towing vehicle without backflowing either vehicle's electrical system. They're automotive grade and sealed against water and dust. They're perfect for this application.

• Input #1: From one of your sources - presumably the courtesy lights, as Oracle states in their instructions
  • Input #2: From your other source - i.e., from the switch you want to use to turn them on manually
Once I get mine installed, I'll post a write up on my build journal. I already have them pre-wired, I just need to get the lights and install them.

Wow, quote a project you have on your hands there! If you have a chance to take a photo to show the diode installation I think that would help several people here.

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
It is the dome light trigger that is being used to turn the lights on and off so they will come on and turn off when you open and close the doors. You could also connect these to a switch if you prefer to have manual control of them.
Do you happen to sell just an entry light component by itself?

Sponsored

Phatm9

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Once I get mine installed, I'll post a write up on my build journal. I already have them pre-wired, I just need to get the lights and install
them.
Ok cool looking forward to seeing it

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
This could have been a perfect side shooter Offroad light. Great placement to light up the peripheral view from
The Jeep.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
This could have been a perfect side shooter Offroad light. Great placement to light up the peripheral view from
The Jeep.
Don't worry. We have something else in the works for Peripheral lighting. :)

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Damn, I really wished the amber could stay on when not in use from turn signals or courtesy mode.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Damn, I really wished the amber could stay on when not in use from turn signals or courtesy mode.
You can connect the amber lights to ignition power or a switch and run them whenever you wish :)
Sponsored