raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
Hello all, just a quick question.

over the last few days, when I start-up JLUR manual, it always says "auxillary switches temporarily unavailable while battery is charging" for few seconds and disappears and re-appears on next startup. I have not seen this previously. On Off-road pages, Battery voltage has been 14-14.1V. is this of concern or is this just a normal thing to see?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Hello all, just a quick question.

over the last few days, when I start-up JLUR manual, it always says "auxillary switches temporarily unavailable while battery is charging" for few seconds and disappears and re-appears on next startup. I have not seen this previously. On Off-road pages, Battery voltage has been 14-14.1V. is this of concern or is this just a normal thing to see?
when the battery is charging at the rate it’s working on recharging the batteries. I’d suggest having them tested before winter rolls around. When fully charged, the voltage will drop into the 12s

brett

Crumpert

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had this happen to me about 6 months back. Around the same time I noticed that the stop start system wasn't working. I generally hate it, but noticed that it didn't seem to be activating. In the cluster screen it would say that the battery was charging for quite a while. Eventually with a lot of highway driving it would start working. I took it in to the dealership to get this resolved under warranty. Turns out the main 12v battery was failing and they replaced that. (I have the turbo, so no aux battery under the 12v battery)
TLDR...your 12v battery may be getting weak.

OP
OP

raj21747

First Name
raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R. Enfield500, Suzuki M109, 392XR, 1999 TJ
just an update. I took my JLUR to dealership and both my 12v and aux failed on load test and both replaced under warranty. Hopefully wont happen again.

AEDRUBI

First Name
AED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL RUBICON
just an update. I took my JLUR to dealership and both my 12v and aux failed on load test and both replaced under warranty. Hopefully wont happen again.
I’m having the same issues...and just scheduled service appointment

Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My voltage always reads 14.0-14.4. But start/stop always works. Have always wondered if this is an issue. Seems the higher voltage reading means the alternator is always working, correct?

AEDRUBI

First Name
AED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL RUBICON
re voltage....I checked today, it was at 13.8, but not sure what the norm is.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Depending on age of batteries and charging status, it's normal for your alternator to run above 14 on crank for 5-20 minutes.

If your alternator does not settle, I would be testing each individual battery.-unless you know of a reason why your rocking that draw for so long.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
If it isn't a faulty battery or two, then it could be a faulty IBS(Intelligent Battery Sensor), like what was wrong with mine.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Depending on age of batteries and charging status, it's normal for your alternator to run above 14 on crank for 5-20 minutes.

If your alternator does not settle, I would be testing each individual battery.-unless you know of a reason why your rocking that draw for so long.
Mine, and a lot of others from the posts, always runs 14+V.

This has always been a weird and unanswered scenario. Why do some people see 14V or more all the time, some never see it that high?

I have never had an issue with mine, start/stop works as it should, even when seeing 14.5V.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Mine, and a lot of others from the posts, always runs 14+V.

This has always been a weird and unanswered scenario. Why do some people see 14V or more all the time, some never see it that high?

I have never had an issue with mine, start/stop works as it should, even when seeing 14.5V.
So, on a 2-3 hour drive you don't see a drop.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
what do you think that translates to with the amp needs of your vehicle?
I’m 100% clueless and uneducated on this subject. Just wondering if I should be concerned as so many threads mention different running voltages for our vehicles. Kind of weird.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’m 100% clueless and uneducated on this subject. Just wondering if I should be concerned as so many threads mention different running voltages for our vehicles. Kind of weird.
I don't disagree with the observations....especially as many ppl that have had them.

I pulled both batteries last friday, my 2020 had 11 miles on it at the dealer, the aux was below 12.5 (main above 12.7 and it had been fully charged via battery tender twice in the past month. While a 12.5 battery does not freak me out, I have doubts about the quality/life/utility of this battery.

My SSA works fine. Except when it's charging. The aux is out of the jeep w isolator now.
Sponsored