Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe | Exige S | R wagon | V Wagon | MB S65
First of all, thanks for the pictures and info Harleexl!

But not a fan of that fold down rear seat. Looks kinda bad, not unusable, but... ehhhhhhh... :\

I still kinda want it, but I'll probably wait on this for now. Maybe if they make a PHEV Gladiator as rumored...
I'd love a flat floor, but the batteries have to go somewhere and that is the place that allows the 4XE to retain 99% of the Wrangler's capabilities.
Sponsored

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so does it feel like 375Hp when fully charged and you floor it??

What is the actual fuel economy, ie total range on one fill up with normal driving?? ALso how did you plug the thing in?
It will feel like more than 375HP when you hammer it because the electric provides 100% of its torque immediately. That is the real driving appeal of a Tesla - that instant boost. The weight of the Tesla means that is the only driving appeal.

JandS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harleexl: This is a critical question for anyone that owns a business:

Please look on the door jamb and tell us what the GVWR is. If it is over 6000 (the diesels are), then business owners can buy one and write off the entire purchase in the first year under section 179 of the tax code.

I'll simplify how that math works: If your tax rate is 33% and your 4xe cost $60,000, then you could deduct $20,000 from your tax payment in year 1, effectively making the purchase $40,000. Add in the $7,500 tax credit for the plug in hybrid and it becomes a $32,500 vehicle.

I'm debating between a 6speed Rubi in yellow and a 4xe in yellow (assuming they come in yellow). 6speed is a better driver, but the 4xe will likely be a significantly cheaper vehicle to own.

yngrshr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO
All of this looks great. I have been 100% on board with buying one of these with the tax credit and this just adds to it. Great stuff and thanks for sharing.

Sponsored

4xe

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubi X 4xe
Occupation
Professional Nerd
Last edited:

dustdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing!
If I understand what I'm reading, there is no "quick charger" capability for the 4xe? Takes 12 hours to charge from plugging it in at home, with no option like with my friend's Tesla model S to plug in at a terminal and be recharged in under an hour?

If that's the case... what in the heck was Jeep thinking???

I still kinda want one.

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thanks for sharing!
If I understand what I'm reading, there is no "quick charger" capability for the 4xe? Takes 12 hours to charge from plugging it in at home, with no option like with my friend's Tesla model S to plug in at a terminal and be recharged in under an hour?

If that's the case... what in the heck was Jeep thinking???

I still kinda want one.
There is a quick charge option, though not quite as fast as the Tesla if I recall.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harleexl

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
so does it feel like 375Hp when fully charged and you floor it??

What is the actual fuel economy, ie total range on one fill up with normal driving?? ALso how did you plug the thing in?
The 4xe definitely feels quicker than my base 2.0T etorque, which I thought felt fairly quick itself, but I didn't really drive this hard since my focus was the feel of the electric powertrain, the transitions (were very smooth), and learning what the different modes do.

I don't know about total range or actual fuel economy, but I'm sure it will vary with each individuals drive pattern. Most of my driving was electric so the instant mpg read 99. Engine running it seemed similar to what i would see on my base Jeep.

This vehicle has a 120V charger included with it. It takes over 12 hours for a full charge with that cable or I've heard 2-3 hours on 240V.

TopDown2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Harleexl: This is a critical question for anyone that owns a business:

Please look on the door jamb and tell us what the GVWR is. If it is over 6000 (the diesels are), then business owners can buy one and write off the entire purchase in the first year under section 179 of the tax code.

I'll simplify how that math works: If your tax rate is 33% and your 4xe cost $60,000, then you could deduct $20,000 from your tax payment in year 1, effectively making the purchase $40,000. Add in the $7,500 tax credit for the plug in hybrid and it becomes a $32,500 vehicle.

I'm debating between a 6speed Rubi in yellow and a 4xe in yellow (assuming they come in yellow). 6speed is a better driver, but the 4xe will likely be a significantly cheaper vehicle to own.
I'm not a tax attorney and I'm not trying to bust anybody's bubble, but this is oversimplification of tax code 179. There are very strict guidelines which include more than just being a business owner and purchasing a 6000 pound vehicle. For instance, the vehicle has to be titled in your business name, not your name. It also has to be in use 50% of the time for the business as opposed to personal use. These two factors alone can limit the majority of small business owners use of the deduction.
One thing that I wonder about is advertising. If you could put a wrap on the vehicle or some kind of mobile signage, that might move the vehicle into 100% business use, but I don't know for sure. As for getting a loan in the name of your business, your business has to have fit credit rating, which is much more difficult than an individual's fit credit rating. Maybe someone can answer these questions for business owners who would like to take advantage of this opportunity, but need more information.

EricIsRight

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray 4XE Rubicon
For instance, the vehicle has to be titled in your business name, not your name.
Not exactly true... for the majority of LLCs that are single owner... here is the advise from a tax attorney:

An LLC is a pass through entity but a single member LLC is not separate from the owner. As long as the vehicle meets the 179 rules it can be used even if titled in the single member's name instead of the LLC.

You and the LLC are the same. The Schedule C and all expenses are going to show the expenses of the LLC.

EricIsRight

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray 4XE Rubicon
One thing that I wonder about is advertising. If you could put a wrap on the vehicle or some kind of mobile signage, that might move the vehicle into 100% business use, but I don't know for sure. As for getting a loan in the name of your business, your business has to have fit credit rating, which is much more difficult than an individual's fit credit rating. Maybe someone can answer these questions for business owners who would like to take advantage of this opportunity, but need more information.
Zero requirement/benefit for advertising on the vehicle. This is a relic myth from the 80s and does not make the vehicle "100% business usage". Business usage is typically deduced from the percentage of miles taken on bona fide business-related activities. The section also doesn't require 100% business usage, only 50% - but the deduction must be taken at the business use percentage. Combine this with Section 168 bonus depreciation and you are good to go.

It may not be that simple, but it's not all that difficult either.
Sponsored