Sponsored

Electrical Failure - incredibly frustrated

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Tow truck guy could not get it to turn on. No lights would work. He could not get it into neutral to put it on flat bed. Had to put soap under back wheels to get it onto flat bed.
I know you said this is your 5th Jeep and you have owned Jeeps for over 20 years, so why didn't you suggest putting the transfer case in neutral or using the manual park override? Either option would have taken less than 10 seconds and prevented soap abuse. #SLM
Sponsored

OP
OP

NYJeepGirl74

First Name
Dianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
I know you said this is your 5th Jeep and you have owned Jeeps for over 20 years, so why didn't you suggest putting the transfer case in neutral or using the manual park override? Either option would have taken less than 10 seconds and prevented soap abuse. #SLM
Jeep people are rough. Questioning my knowledge. I was not there when they towed it. Yes I am aware of the manual release in front of the shifter. I was told by my friend that was there when it was towed. I was surprised a AAA operator does not know it. FYI I called and educated him after I heard about the TIDE.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
@NYJeepGirl74, I’m sorry that this happened to you and I am utterly perplexed at how a power steering pump could have caused your issue. But thank you for posting this as others will be able to use your post down the road for research on their own issues.

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Jeep people are rough.

I was surprised a AAA operator does not know it. FYI I called and educated him after I heard about the TIDE.
LOL not trying to be mean, just wondering. You are right, a tow truck operator should definitely know about the transfer case and I would think the manual release. They are almost like Jeep dealers where you have to tell them how to fix the vehicle you sell if you want something done right.

Adam 4248

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I would not own a Jeep beyond 36k miles without an extended warranty. I may never get to 36k miles... already looking for my next ride.
Yep. Mine only lasted 13k before the auto trans ate itself. Doing the lemon law process now..
Sponsored