Rubicoug's Recon Audio build...

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
Where did you put the DSR1, if you don't mind me asking, I did almost the same Focals front with the 4.5 in SB
I put my DSR1 under the dash on the driver’s side.
RubiDoug what did you use to secure your amps under the seats?
Sponsored

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Sure, I went PAC/JL Audio TwK D8 because I got the JL for $200. Couldn't pass it up for that cheap. If I would have gone a different direction, I would have used a 6 channel amp with built in DSP so I could subtract one device in my chain (it would have gotten rid of one amp as well). Still learning the TUN software...I'm in Omaha and have taken to 3 places so far that have told me they can't do any better than I have done so far. It's crazy to me that I can't find a decent tuner to help me dial in the EQ. Its not like this is a brand new DSP on the market.
I am trying to tune the DSR1 and have been searching on the web and have not really found anything that helped. I am loving the sound system now but because I am not able to tune it I feel like I am missing out on so much more

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am trying to tune the DSR1 and have been searching on the web and have not really found anything that helped. I am loving the sound system now but because I am not able to tune it I feel like I am missing out on so much more
Are you using an active set up for your speakers? I’d start with making sure the DSR1 is updated then, set the amp gains, crossovers, measure speaker distance for the time alignment, and then adjust eq settings. For the eq settings the best way is to use a microphone and a RTA program like REW.

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Are you using an active set up for your speakers? I’d start with making sure the DSR1 is updated then, set the amp gains, crossovers, measure speaker distance for the time alignment, and then adjust eq settings. For the eq settings the best way is to use a microphone and a RTA program like REW.
They are components fronts and SB, that's what you mean by active correct. The DSR just installed and updated. I will try the REW. I was trying to do it on the perfect tune app.

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are components fronts and SB, that's what you mean by active correct. The DSR just installed and updated. I will try the REW. I was trying to do it on the perfect tune app.
The Perfect Tune app is how you adjust the DSR1. The REW is a program you use on a laptop with a USB mic to measure the speakers. It has a learning curve but it allows you to Measure and see what frequencies need to be adjusted thru the Perfect Tune app. An active set up has an individual amp channel for each speaker.
For example my front speakers are 6.5” in the lower dash, 3” midrange in the upper dash with a tweeter next to it. I have a 6 channel amplifier running them and a separate subwoofer amp. Thru the Perfet Tune app I can adjust each speaker individually. A lot of component speakers come with a passive crossover which gets installed between a tweeter and woofer. This is called a passive system and does not give you as much flexibility to adjust thru the app. Sorry if I was confusing in my previous post

Sponsored

Renegade Wrangler

First Name
Gasan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Spice Man
Your good, I was already confused. I was messing with it and realized that my back channels are not working. I am trying to re flash the dsr1. I cannot tell if I did that or it just stopped playing through the back channels.

msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Great work...must be your passion.

I would add Dynamat or equal sound deadening to line entire interior of car under carpets and in doors..
Sponsored