Quadratec Stealth Winch Quality?

peerch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018
Does anyone have any feedback on their Quadratech Stealth Winch? I ordered one about a year ago and it looks horrible. All of the paint is chipping off and there is a lot of pitting and corrosion on most surfaces.

Has anyone had this same issue? Is this normal for a winch after just one year? I reached out to Quadratech and they are telling me it is normal and I find it hard to believe. Thanks.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any feedback on their Quadratech Stealth Winch? I ordered one about a year ago and it looks horrible. All of the paint is chipping off and there is a lot of pitting and corrosion on most surfaces.

Has anyone had this same issue? Is this normal for a winch after just one year? I reached out to Quadratech and they are telling me it is normal and I find it hard to believe. Thanks.
Mine is nearly 2 years old with over a dozen recoveries, and I have no issues. Maybe due to where you live, we don’t have to drive on salted roads....idk....do you keep a cover on it?

Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth Winch Quality? 99ED354A-F76A-4D19-9966-5176B55EDD35

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Post a picture

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Could be salt. Also driving with a cover in wet climates is not great as once moisture gets under the cover it will never dry out so corrodes away under the cover.

Most people don't realize this and think cover = protection.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I'm just about to pull the trigger on the stealth 10k synthetic rope winch. Not sure how much I'll use it, but it will fill up the hole in the new front bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth Winch Quality? 20201012_192623

Sponsored

OP
OP

peerch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018
Here are some pics of my quadratec Stealth Winch after about 14 months. It works just fine but looks like crap. I would not buy again. I understand the rusty cable but the paint should not be chipping off, nor should I have rust and pitting on the steel. It took Quadratec over a month to respond to my concerns and when they did, I was not impressed with the resonse. Won't buy from them again.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth Winch Quality? IMG-0143
Jeep Wrangler JL Quadratec Stealth Winch Quality? IMG-0142

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
wow I"ve never had a steel cable rust that fast and the fairlead and the hook. thats crazy

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
wow I"ve never had a steel cable rust that fast and the fairlead and the hook. thats crazy
You're not from Cleveland. :) They get a ton of snow and they use calcium chloride on the roads up there, which is more corrosive than the salt they use most places. I'm not necessarily excusing the finish on the winch since clearly the bumper held up to it, but that has to be a factor in how fast that thing deteriorated.

scuba264

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Altitude
You're not from Cleveland. :) They get a ton of snow and they use calcium chloride on the roads up there, which is more corrosive than the salt they use most places. I'm not necessarily excusing the finish on the winch since clearly the bumper held up to it, but that has to be a factor in how fast that thing deteriorated.
Quadratic is in Philly they should know ha! Im so close to buying the thing but Cleveland and Pittsburgh are very similar. Well, except our football teams

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Since Quadratec is currently out of the Stealth winches, I ended up getting an Apex Badland 12k synthetic. A little over 500 bucks delivered with tax. Has good reviews, we'll see how long it lasts.

20201023_084737.jpg
Sponsored