mdhaman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I'm loving all the silver Jeeps here!

I've got a Silver Billet JLU with black top, black fenders, black rock rails, and black interior. I like the silver and black combination a lot, but has anybody here used seat covers to add a strong color pop to the interior? I'm tempted to try this but it's hard to visualize and I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks!
I went with Katzkin leather seat covers on mine with a two tone. Mine is a Sahara, but I installed black rubicon fenders, black accessories, and a matte black grille.

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club 346DD3F7-69DC-4E5C-BD3B-36D5DC6C9346
Sponsored

JMon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara Altitude (arriving soon)
A question for follow JL owners . How do you find the brightness and performance of the reversing lights on your JL ? Compared to my Grand Cherokee they are like a candle , and compared to friends Cherokee the same , a candle . Whats your feed back ???
I have to back down my driveway which has retainer walls on both sides that I obviously would like to avoid. I find that doing this in my Wrangler is far more difficult than any of my previous vehicles since the rear lights do not provide enough light for the rear camera to be useful or see much out of the mirrors when it’s dark out.

I saw this on the JLwrangler homepage and immediately signed up. I won’t get them until December, but I’m hoping that they are far better than the OEM lights.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ed-reverse-lights-for-jeep-wrangler-jl.58770/

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
A question for follow JL owners . How do you find the brightness and performance of the reversing lights on your JL ? Compared to my Grand Cherokee they are like a candle , and compared to friends Cherokee the same , a candle . Whats your feed back ???
I agree with Jeff, they're not great. I'm very happy with the LED package, but underwhelmed by the reverse lights. I added to supplemental lights, which I wired into one of my aux switches. Problem solved.

LED reverse lights mounted on the rear bumer.
reverse-aux-2-jpg.jpg

I closer look.
reverse-aux-jpg.jpg

First is with the just the stock reverse lights.
reverse-aux-3-jpg.jpg

This is with the additional lights on. I've adjusted the aim so there's more lighting to the sides. No sense in overlapping the beams in the middle.
reverse-aux-4-jpg.jpg

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I went with Katzkin leather seat covers on mine with a two tone. Mine is a Sahara, but I installed black rubicon fenders, black accessories, and a matte black grille.

Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club reverse-aux-4-
Thank you Mike! Those look great!

Sponsored

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have to back down my driveway which has retainer walls on both sides that I obviously would like to avoid. I find that doing this in my Wrangler is far more difficult than any of my previous vehicles since the rear lights do not provide enough light for the rear camera to be useful or see much out of the mirrors when it’s dark out.

I saw this on the JLwrangler homepage and immediately signed up. I won’t get them until December, but I’m hoping that they are far better than the OEM lights.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ed-reverse-lights-for-jeep-wrangler-jl.58770/
Thanks , please post a photo and your thoughts on these lights once you get them :).

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with Jeff, they're not great. I'm very happy with the LED package, but underwhelmed by the reverse lights. I added to supplemental lights, which I wired into one of my aux switches. Problem solved.

I closer look.

This is with the additional lights on. I've adjusted the aim so there's more lighting to the sides. No sense in overlapping the beams in the middle.
Nice , I had thought of doing that also although tapping into the reversing light wiring .

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

I closer look.

Did you take the bumper off to do the mounting of the lights ? And was you bumper all steel or one with a plastic overlay ?

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Two issues for me . 1) USA import here takes along time which would mean probably not until 2021 with the lead time in production. And 2) in Australia on my Overland ( branded Sahara in USA) the reflector these light replace has already been replaced with OEM rear fog lights .

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Did you take the bumper off to do the mounting of the lights ? And was you bumper all steel or one with a plastic overlay ?
I did the install with the bumper on the Jeep. It was a bit difficult at times but can be done. Taking the bumper off would make it a breeze, but I guess that depends on how difficult it is to remove the bumper (not very I suspect). Even with the bumper on it wasn't that hard to do.

My bumper has the plastic overlay. I had to be cognizant of where I was making the holes so I didn't inadvertently put them were a support rib was. There is a void below where I mounted them which worked very well to run wires and bolt the mounting bracket.
The steel bumper has a similar configuration so you could do the same on them. The biggest difference is that you'd obviously want to paint the hole and/or put silicone on it to prevent corrosion if you have the steel version.

Sponsored

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
Been following this thread for awhile. Finally got a 2019 billet silver JLUR about a month ago. Thought I’d show yall some pictures.
Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club F459647D-77A7-4FF4-A0C2-4FD5FB886B23
Jeep Wrangler JL BILLET SILVER Wrangler JL Club F459647D-77A7-4FF4-A0C2-4FD5FB886B23
Nice stance! What lift and tire size are you running?