Sponsored

Mixing new and old tires.

Rustydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
I have Open Country R/T's 35", 15k miles, on my JLU. I took some sidewall damage and I am going to be mounting a new tire.
What sort of tread depth/diametrical difference is acceptable with out causing any issues with ABS, 4WD, or anything else I am not thinking of ? I have always done a 5 tire rotation and could just throw this on the rear for a spare and go to 4 tire rotation.
Comments please .Thank you.

sorry admin for posting in wrong section!
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have Open Country R/T's 35", 15k miles, on my JLU. I took some sidewall damage and I am going to be mounting a new tire.
What sort of tread depth/diametrical difference is acceptable with out causing any issues with ABS, 4WD, or anything else I am not thinking of ? I have always done a 5 tire rotation and could just throw this on the rear for a spare and go to 4 tire rotation.
Comments please .Thank you.

sorry admin for posting in wrong section!
At 15k miles you'll be fine adding that 5th tire in your rotation unless your tires are seriously worn. If you have a good tread depth gauge find your most worn tire and put that back as the spare and then put that new one in back, and when it's time for you next rotation find the next tire w/ the worst wear and substitute it for your spare.