Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
How about some links to buy this stuff?
As far as regular diesel additives, there are A LOT of options out there. If you are referring to the FBC, I don't know how many sources are readily available here in the states, but I have read there are a few. I bought mine from here.

I would only recommend this to someone that has a way of monitoring regens. Otherwise you are just taking their word for it that it works.

However, I suppose lubricity type additives are in that same category (you're taking their word for it). An MPG improvement is about the only other way to tell if an additive is doing anything, which I myself can't really say I've ever seen such in my vehicles.

After all the geeking out I've been doing on additives lately, like I said earlier I'm on board. If a guy were to sell his rig before the warranty is up, additives probably hold no value. But if you plan to keep your modern diesel for a long time, I think they are worth it.

JJWALKER

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj7
additives are not necessary. unless it's winter and to prevent gelling then use power service anti-gel. in summer just because u think u gotta add something power service cleaner otherwise imo ur wasting money.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
additives are not necessary. unless it's winter and to prevent gelling then use power service anti-gel. in summer just because u think u gotta add something power service cleaner otherwise imo ur wasting money.
Thanks for sharing your opinion JJ! I hope your fuel injection system lasts a long time! Question though, why is power service the only additive you endorse? Also did you happen to check out the links I posted concerning DPF's and fuel borne catalysts? Or are you the consummate expert, that already has his mind made up?

JJWALKER

First Name
Tank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj7
mmm, l pick consummate expert that already has his mind made up, yep that's it.
my fuel systems (systems more than one) are great! just wish they'd add back some oil to the fuel wen making it but o'well. lm not endorsing anything im not getting paid. use wut ever u choose FBC or dont its ur rig l don't care if ida said FBC uda given me a thumbs up insted of sarcasum, u would of l can tell. remember pouring quarts of tranny fluid in diesel to clean the injectors. l use power service products if l choose to use anything at all only because lve tried it know others who've tried it wut ever it may be u use FBC good for u . PS helps clean the injectors lube the pump etc. does'nt that l know of increase cyl. temps. or lower mpg
as lve heard FBC does. heck ld still be pouring trans. fluid in if it didn't smoke so much then ud say I'm endorsing dextron ll wouldn't u.... u would.

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mmm, l pick consummate expert that already has his mind made up, yep that's it.
my fuel systems (systems more than one) are great! just wish they'd add back some oil to the fuel wen making it but o'well. lm not endorsing anything im not getting paid. use wut ever u choose FBC or dont its ur rig l don't care if ida said FBC uda given me a thumbs up insted of sarcasum, u would of l can tell. remember pouring quarts of tranny fluid in diesel to clean the injectors. l use power service products if l choose to use anything at all only because lve tried it know others who've tried it wut ever it may be u use FBC good for u . PS helps clean the injectors lube the pump etc. does'nt that l know of increase cyl. temps. or lower mpg
as lve heard FBC does. heck ld still be pouring trans. fluid in if it didn't smoke so much then ud say I'm endorsing dextron ll wouldn't u.... u would.
In this case, I can't say what I would have done or said, had you said something different.

I have nothing against power service myself. I think I probably have 2 emergency bottles of the stuff. Back in the day I used to add 2 stroke oil on occasion, but I don't recall ever using ATF in my fuel.

I gave you sarcasm because I think it's funny when people make responses that sound like a definitive 'this is it, there's no other way' sorta deal. I try not to do that myself. Maybe I do it and just can't see that I do?

Anyhow, we're all free to think and do whatever we want. Beatings however do tend to deter us from some actions.....

Just think of it like this. Say we are having a discussion about how well MT tires work offroad, and you come in and tell us that all anyone needs is an AT tire. I'm gonna throw out something snide (and something I in my infinite wisdom deem witty) because I disagree with your claim.

Also just because I disagree with your claim doesn't mean there is some truth to it. Such as how the manufacturers are telling us additives are unnecessary, but in practice (anecdotally mostly) it seems that people who use a lubrication additive or a combo lube and cleaner in their fuel (thinking 6.7L Fords here), those people seem to skip over the shredded fuel systems.

Of course there are a ton of folks who have never used anything and had not problem one with their rig. [shrugs]

I was just giving you a hard time man. Can I assume your personal pronoun, or should someone call California? I think they are telling people it's illegal to assume pronouns. LOL

What a world.

MeekoDiesel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD Sting Gray , 1948 Willys CJ2A , 1976 Chevy C10 , 1998 Honda Civic
Occupation
Nuclear Operations Technician - Shearon Harris Nuclear Station
New to the forum here, first post!

I will be using Archoil AR6200 in every tank of fuel. This product (some of you probably know this already) is a combustion catalyst, allowing for a more complete fuel burn to reduce soot production which will keep downstream emissions equipment remain clean. It also acts as a lubricity agent to protect the HPFP and injectors from premature wear and tear from crappy ULSD fuel.

The stuff was created by Bell Labs to help correct a long-standing issue in industry of stand-by generator failure due to old/stale/poor fuel. The engineers / chemists who created the formula won a nobel prize for their work, impressive.

If any of you follow Bill Hewitt over at PowerstrokeHelp.com he swears by the stuff. Bill runs a very busy powerstroke shop outside Atlanta and he started using AR6200 as a way to combat the cronic problems his shop saw with clogged EGR coolers and DPFs primarily with fleet customers who experience alot of idle time (ambulances). He says his EGR cooler clogging has completely gone away among his fleet customers.

His channel has several other videos where he interviews customers who have experienced great results with it ranging from high horsepower offshore racing engines to mercedes diesel sedans to various years of 3/4 to 1 ton pickups.

My personal "proof" that this additive works to aid in combustion came last week when I decided to use this in my 1974 Honda CB450. This bike was restored by me and the wife within the last year and has been a pain in the butt to start after it sits for more than a week or two. So I poured in the recommended dose of AR6200 (1 oz. per gallon) along with 3 gallons of ethanol free 90 octane (this bike awlays runs E-free). Rolled the bike out of the garage and opened the petcock to let fuel fill up the float bowls which were empty. The bike fired up in 3 seconds. It has never done that. I usually have to hook it up to my car battery after it sits a long time since several start attempts quickly drains the battery.

As I rack up the miles on the JLUD I will report back with any fuel / emissions issues. Hopefully there will not be any to speak of!

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
Folks, quick question. I purchased some Hot Shot Secret for everyday fill ups, as well as a bottle for winter to prevent gelling.

How are you guys defeating the guard at the filler neck. I feel like I'm over thinking this, but I cannot get the metal flap to open since I don't have a funnel that matches the diameter of the neck.

Likewise, people have mentioned a filler coming with their EcoDiesel. I search the cabin, but didn't find one. Where was yours stored?

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Find the "big mouth'" adapter that's in the Jeep (under the rear seat for a JT if I remember correctly), and use that. It's made to be used when the big nozzle at the truck stop won't fit your smaller filler hole.

JT18

Sponsored

SaltyWet

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Folks, quick question. I purchased some Hot Shot Secret for everyday fill ups, as well as a bottle for winter to prevent gelling.

How are you guys defeating the guard at the filler neck. I feel like I'm over thinking this, but I cannot get the metal flap to open since I don't have a funnel that matches the diameter of the neck.

Likewise, people have mentioned a filler coming with their EcoDiesel. I search the cabin, but didn't find one. Where was yours stored?
Mine was in the tub beside the car jack.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Mine was in the tub beside the car jack.
Thank you!!! This is exactly where mine was and what I needed to add the fuel additives!!
Sponsored