Sponsored

Aluminum Bumpers Recommendations?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I'm looking at getting some better bumpers. I don't like the idea of adding several hundred pounds, with Steel Bumpers. I figured the Aluminum ones would provide the protection I need, without the excessive weight. Anyone have Aluminum Bumpers?? Who makes them??
Sponsored

Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Really like my Rock Hard rear aluminum. Havenā€™t found a front bumper I like enough to replace my Mopar steel bumper yet.

mark203

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys XR
Clubs

I installed the Rock Hard full width aluminum over the summer. I liked the aluminum because it was only about a +2lb net weight gain from the plastic bumper that came off. As others have said, it is pricey, but the quality is good, and I got a good price from Northridge 4x4 that included shipping, so there's that.

Be sure to factor in shipping costs when you are looking.

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Another vote for Rock Hard. I have the mid-width aluminum front bumper and it's awesome. The bottom edge has contacted a few limestone ledges at the corners on the trail while slowly climbing and there's no damage other than scratches in the powder coat. The bumper is unbelievably light.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
I was hoping to scoop a full genright set since they have the high Clearance front bumpers. Thought I would go with their rear bumper and tire carrier as well. Called to see if they offered any deals right now since they had 10% during labor day. Nada. Asked if they could do anything shipping wise. Nada. so almost $4k out the door shipped to Florida was a no go for me. Could have managed just over $3k which would not be bad once I sold my current bumpers. Hoping there is a similar Black Friday deal but the person on the phone was insisting it would be like a free shirt or hat or something. Hopefully that is not the case. Have yet to find a dealer for Genright that has anything special going on.

MP concept one is pretty legit since I think the OEM bumpers look amazing.

Sponsored

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler X-Gone, 2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Really like my Rock Hard rear aluminum. Havenā€™t found a front bumper I like enough to replace my Mopar steel bumper yet.
Have you looked at the Savvy bumper for the JK? It is nice and minimal. It requires a little effort but looks the best in my opinion and still has a recessed winch mount.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Rock Hard. You can easily add a tow bar is why I bought mine. I ended up testing it with a 40mph deer hit and got ZERO damage. Highly recommend.

Zotch

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Sport S JL
Have you looked at the Savvy bumper for the JK? It is nice and minimal. It requires a little effort but looks the best in my opinion and still has a recessed winch mount.
I can only imagine the shipping from Savvy.

I looked at the magnaflow exhaust from them and shipping was $130 to east coast.

over 1/3 the price of the exhaust.

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Did you get this bumper? Any idea on the weight compared to the OEM steel bumper? Howā€˜s the quality look? I like it but Iā€˜d like to know how much weight difference there is... I couldnā€™t find it listed on the site.
would like to know that info also. I was debating getting the eBay knock off but Iā€™m out on that. I think the MP has my vote now. There is one user review on it on the website.
Sponsored