Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
winner winner chicken dinner

Dropped off my Rubicon this morning to get the steering box replaced...I'm picking up here soon, so haven't had a chance to drive, but will report back here soon.

I also get a brand new rear diff to go with my new steering box. I got the service rear axle light a few times over the past week. Looks like it's happening to a few Rubicons over the years, not mileage dependent though. I've got a 2018 with almost 30,000 miles...lifetime warranty of course for just this reason. Won't need the extended warranty this time, but I'm sure I will later.
A few Rubicons... lol. You should go check out the thread on that topic, one of the guys is on his 4th axle.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/“service-axle-locker-system”-light-on.13241/
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Haha, was trying to be nice given that the thread only has 7 pages spanning from 2018 until now versus over a thousand pages for the steering issue.

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Got mine done yesterday. They declined my alignment because of my 37s. Going to throw the Synergy brace back and take it for an alignment later this week. But I already have a noticeable difference on steering input.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Just talked to my dealer, he said Jeep only allows him to order 1 part for TSB #08-074-20 every 14 days... What the heck???? @JeepCares

And of course, they don't offer a loaner car for the repair and it will take 2-3 days to do the repair... What a load of garbage...

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
Push back, the dealer may be correct on the number and frequency of ordering parts but on my JL the repair took under 4 hours and it was the shops first one.

Sponsored

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Haha, was trying to be nice given that the thread only has 7 pages spanning from 2018 until now versus over a thousand pages for the steering issue.
Don't forget the Gladiator Forum.....there are just as many reports of problems with steering gear there!

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Push back, the dealer may be correct on the number and frequency of ordering parts but on my JL the repair took under 4 hours and it was the shops first one.
Agree. Dropped mine off at 8:15 AM and got a call at 11:53 AM that it was ready. It was a little dead but I don’t see how you couldn’t get there first with an appointment and have them knock it out within the day.

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Agreed. Dropped mine off on a Monday at 8 am. Picked it up at noon same day.

Deepc408

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler North Edition
Occupation
Eng.
I got my alignment done today since my new 2020 Sahara kept wandering to the right ever since I got it in August. Alignment really did not fix anything as I am still having wander to the right. Will this TSB fix this issue for me? I attached my alignment results for reference.

IMG_20201020_124118.jpg

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Got an email from my Jeepcares rep that it might move to one a week for ordering parts. I've been waiting for about 2 months now. I was #4 in line for a whole month...

Sponsored

jessiehenry

First Name
Jessie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
Hey guys, new here after searching around for solutions to my wonky jeep steering. It pulls to the right and is scary to drive at highway speeds. Dealer won't perform the TBS. It "drives like a jeep." I saw people were mentioning to pm @JeepCares Can someone tell me how to do that? Is it the "start a conversation"? Thanks again for your help

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, new here after searching around for solutions to my wonky jeep steering. It pulls to the right and is scary to drive at highway speeds. Dealer won't perform the TBS. It "drives like a jeep." I saw people were mentioning to pm @JeepCares Can someone tell me how to do that? Is it the "start a conversation"? Thanks again for your help
yes. that is how you pm. good luck

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I got my alignment done today since my new 2020 Sahara kept wandering to the right ever since I got it in August. Alignment really did not fix anything as I am still having wander to the right. Will this TSB fix this issue for me? I attached my alignment results for reference.

IMG_20201020_124118.jpg
Do you have a lift on your Sahara? Your caster is what stock Rubicons typically exhibit. A caster of 6+ degrees is recommended. Adding the longer Mopar lower control arms ($60) pretty much brings it to where it needs to be and should help with wandering.

Deepc408

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Eng.
Do you have a lift on your Sahara? Your caster is what stock Rubicons typically exhibit. A caster of 6+ degrees is recommended. Adding the longer Mopar lower control arms ($60) pretty much brings it to where it needs to be and should help with wandering.
Nope no lift. All Stock everything. 2020 Sahara North Edition

Deepc408

First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Eng.
For those who have had steering wander to the right or left when the steering wheel is dead center, has getting the new steering box fixed this issue completely or is wander still present?
Sponsored