First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I said it before, probably in this thread, that my 15 392 Challenger SRT got 28 mpg at 70mph on a fully loaded down road trip at about 5k lbs. 4cyl/Eco mode on the Hwy works for fuel economy. I’m sure they can have the same feature on any Wrangler v8. My 8 spd auto 392 with Eco mode got the same mpg as Dad’s 14 Challenger RT 5.7.

Not that it’s a deciding factor, but I think the mpg will be surprising with a 392 Wrangler. The EPA mpg estimate was very conservative on the Challenger so maybe it will be for a Wrangler as well.
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Have you seen the crazy numbers for the 4xe? Would whoop a 392 hands down I think, no issues turning 35's r 37''s especially if you had proper gearing.

I'm going to order a new JT Diesel next month, have considered getting a 4Xe, not because I am a nut bag enviro but because the power and MPG just make sense and I can drive alone in the HOV lane ;). But, I'll still order the diesel and when the JT comes out in a 4Xe version, I'll buy that one.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Have you seen the crazy numbers for the 4xe? Would whoop a 392 hands down I think, no issues turning 35's r 37''s especially if you had proper gearing.

I'm going to order a new JT Diesel next month, have considered getting a 4Xe, not because I am a nut bag enviro but because the power and MPG just make sense and I can drive alone in the HOV lane ;). But, I'll still order the diesel and when the JT comes out in a 4Xe version, I'll buy that one.
That 700 extra pounds on the, essentially, same suspension though. Hmm

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That 700 extra pounds on the, essentially, same suspension though. Hmm
I am sure that the engineers have taken the extra weight (which is as low as it can go) into consideration just like they did for the diesel model which is a few hundred extra lbs and I'm sure the Hemi IF it ever gets produced will also weigh a few hundred more than the V6 and the springs and shocks will be added to compensate.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
sure the 392 will happen, also think they are waiting for the Bronco to start production (if ever..lol) and offer it up next year. As for pricing what's a fully loaded Rubicon going for now maybe add another $10-15K to that.

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I just saw one at Home depot on Saturday and it looked like it was a personal vehicle. I thought I was seeing things but it had the 392 logo and a nice looking hood. It looked like he just got it, but it had regular plates? I dont know......I didnt get to hear it, but it had dual exhaust. Lucky Bastard..

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I just saw one at Home depot on Saturday and it looked like it was a personal vehicle. I thought I was seeing things but it had the 392 logo and a nice looking hood. It looked like he just got it, but it had regular plates? I dont know......I didnt get to hear it, but it had dual exhaust. Lucky Bastard..
Anyone can buy the 392 and Hemi logos on Ebay. Plenty of Cat Back dual exhausts on the after market. as are plenty of cool hood options. There is NO production hemi being made at any Jeep factory at this time and if they don't do it soon, it will never get done with what the democrats plan to do with CAFE and emission standards if they win the big prize in two weeks.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Anyone can buy the 392 and Hemi logos on Ebay. Plenty of Cat Back dual exhausts on the after market. as are plenty of cool hood options. There is NO production hemi being made at any Jeep factory at this time and if they don't do it soon, it will never get done with what the democrats plan to do with CAFE and emission standards if they win the big prize in two weeks.
That would be the least of our nations concerns.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
steelponycowboy, post: 1288916, member: 40338"]

DaltonGang, post: 1288957, member: 24275"]
That would be the least of our nations concerns.

That would be the least of our nations concerns !

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Ha Ha Like those little Tuners (Honda's, Toyota's, etc) with the big fins and lowered with such wide tires it screws up the camber. Dual exhaust and a 185 hp 4 banger all turbo'd up and they think is a Ferrari......You know just looking at that Jeep though even though it was a "Faux" job, did make my heart race.... The words out of my mouth were literally "Oh no Sh&$!!!!!
Sponsored