Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/tailgate-table-light.48054/

We're not the only ones with this question.

@Martindfletcher can you please help?? I didn't quite follow what the solution was.
I ran a wire from the 12v cigarette lighter wire,back to the passenger side. I cut spliced and soldered it, I hate taking those panels off, or more like hating putting them back on. It’s kind of messy as the wire runs under the plastic cover where jack is. I wanted the 12v when acc is off. There weren’t too many of those. I will eventually put a small battery back there, I have a compressor, fridge, ham radio, back up lights, and now tailgate table light.

same spot as post above, I just cut spliced and soldered there.
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Guys one more tip, I had to disconnect all those plugs and reroute them behind the sheet metal to get the table to install flush. Another set of hands would make it easier, it is doable solo.

Aria51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Guys one more tip, I had to disconnect all those plugs and reroute them behind the sheet metal to get the table to install flush. Another set of hands would make it easier, it is doable solo.
Noted, thanks! Did you happen to take pics or video record any of the install? Mine is still on pre-order, so plenty of time to think and plan this through.

EABOD33

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara JLU
I ran a wire from the 12v cigarette lighter wire,back to the passenger side. I cut spliced and soldered it, I hate taking those panels off, or more like hating putting them back on. It’s kind of messy as the wire runs under the plastic cover where jack is. I wanted the 12v when acc is off. There weren’t too many of those. I will eventually put a small battery back there, I have a compressor, fridge, ham radio, back up lights, and now tailgate table light.

same spot as post above, I just cut spliced and soldered there.
thanks for the info, I’m planning to do similar setup. What gauge wire did you go with? also what size to charge battery or Will you be using same wire, when you add the battery?

Sponsored

Aria51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
thanks for the info, I’m planning to do similar setup. What gauge wire did you go with? also what size to charge battery or Will you be using same wire, when you add the battery?
same question from me, hoping to get more input! (no pun)

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
same question from me, hoping to get more input! (no pun)
I used the same wire it was slightly thicker than the factory wire I tapped into probably 16-18 Stranded to the led. I really don’t keep track of wire gauge other than big stuff. Like where 10 or larger is needed. I ran 8 gauge from the main battery to a redarc dc charger to the aux battery. I was going to just use an isolator which would have been way easier, but figured using the redarc for isolation was probably least confusing with all the electronic issues I have been having with the throttle positioning sensor.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
If you have a Sahara or Rubicon (but not the 1-touch power top) there are two fused 12V20A wires that already go all the way to the back of the Jeep for the retraction motors. They are fuses F73 Orange/Red wire and F74 Green/Red wire on the connector for the hard top...

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
If you have a Sahara or Rubicon (but not the 1-touch power top) there are two fused 12V20A wires that already go all the way to the back of the Jeep for the retraction motors. They are fuses F73 Orange/Red wire and F74 Green/Red wire on the connector for the hard top...
they only have juice with acc right?

Sponsored

MILT

First Name
Milt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Honda technician
Resurrecting an old thread. Anyone have a wiring diagram off the hard top harness for those unused 1-touch wires?

Also. The front 12v plug in has 3 wires. Which one to tap for power?

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Resurrecting an old thread. Anyone have a wiring diagram off the hard top harness for those unused 1-touch wires?

Also. The front 12v plug in has 3 wires. Which one to tap for power?
You should be able to find what you're looking for here: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-jl-wrangler-wiring-diagrams.19185/

Start with "POWER OUTLETS..." and "POWER TOP SYSTEM..."

The dash 12V accessory plug is Pink/Yellow for power. The Orange/Gray wire is a lamp driver.

Captain Skip

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
FF4FCBDF-18E8-44F2-8743-3BA3844D4E7C.jpeg
I’m not great at electrical stuff and am trying to install a “VersaTable” from American Adventure Labs on my 2018 Rubicon JL. The table goes on the inside of the tailgate and has a light for the little table it creates. The light has a simple wire (one solid black ground, one positive black with a white stripe). I’m supposed to tie the light into the “rear 12v port power”. Not sure which that is in this pic, or anything to consider before “tying it in”. Help?
I know this was posted awhile ago but which side and where are these connectors? I want to put a flasher on the 3rd brake light.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
I know this was posted awhile ago but which side and where are these connectors? I want to put a flasher on the 3rd brake light.
The photo above is from inside the swing-gate, behind the plastic panel. Some dealers add the flasher in this location. You can also add it inside the bracket that the CHMSL is mounted on.
Sponsored