Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
yeah I hear you; want my whole jeep have a clean look with the same all Mopar parts.
That’s fair.

I used to buy Mopar everything. The Mopar named used to imply I was getting the best fit, look and quality for the money. But I’ve found that’s less the case now. Increasingly aftermarket suppliers are coming up with accessories that work better, look better and cost half.

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
This is awesome! Are you replacing the fabric on your Mopar headliners or did you make the headliners from scratch??
Made from scratch. 1/2” foam insulation wrapped in fabric of your choice with some headliner adhesive. 3M double side adhesive to stick in place. Took about an hour and a half for the first two, should go faster now that I have a system.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Made from scratch. 1/2” foam insulation wrapped in fabric of your choice with some headliner adhesive. 3M double side adhesive to stick in place. Took about an hour and a half for the first two, should go faster now that I have a system.
Wow thanks a million! That’s easier than I would’ve thought. Will definitely have fun working on this project in the coming months!:like:

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Would the ‘3M Headliner and Fabric Adhesive’ be a good option? I hadn’t realized they’re spray cans.

edit: nevermind! The spray is for the fabric to stick on to the foam haha:LOL:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I want to do this to my Sahara using wood grain vinyl wrap. But having to disassemble the entire dashboard to get to those dashboard covers holds me back.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1603036590951

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I want to do this to my Sahara using wood grain vinyl wrap. But having to disassemble the entire dashboard to get to those dashboard covers holds me back.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1603036590951
That looks so fresh. I saw a YouTube video a couple days back of replacing the instrument cluster and you’d be surprised how fast and easy it was to remove the entire dashboard and those covers.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That looks so fresh. I saw a YouTube video a couple days back of replacing the instrument cluster and you’d be surprised how fast and easy it was to remove the entire dashboard and those covers.
Yes, I saw that video, too.

The parts I am concerned with is: (1) pulling the HVAC controls without leaving any marks, and (2) adding any unintended squeaks or rattles. My Jeep’s interior is quiet like tomb so far.

Z&KOJL

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Would the ‘3M Headliner and Fabric Adhesive’ be a good option? I hadn’t realized they’re spray cans.

edit: nevermind! The spray is for the fabric to stick on to the foam haha:LOL:
Haha yeah, I already had some headliner spray adhesive around but I will say to spray a good lighter coat on the foam, then line up and stick the fabric to it. I tried spraying the fabric first and had some discoloration in the red panels from the adhesive soaking through. No issues spraying the foam first

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Yes, I saw that video, too.

The parts I am concerned with is: (1) pulling the HVAC controls without leaving any marks, and (2) adding any unintended squeaks or rattles. My Jeep’s interior is quiet like tomb so far.
I totally get that. There’s nothing quite like the initial factory assembly.
I had to remove my front driver-side fender to install an on-board compressor and in the process of removal, I broke one clip and a small area of the little plastic clip-retainer on the fender itself. The clip is easily replaceable but that little fender plastic breaking got on my nerves. Glue made it all better and functional again as a clip retainer but I can’t get it out of my head that that particular fender is no longer pristine:crying::CWL:

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Haha yeah, I already had some headliner spray adhesive around but I will say to spray a good lighter coat on the foam, then line up and stick the fabric to it. I tried spraying the fabric first and had some discoloration in the red panels from the adhesive soaking through. No issues spraying the foam first
Thanks a ton! I really appreciate the advice.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I totally get that. There’s nothing quite like the initial factory assembly.
I had to remove my front driver-side fender to install an on-board compressor and in the process of removal, I broke one clip and a small area of the little plastic clip-retainer on the fender itself. The clip is easily replaceable but that little fender plastic breaking got on my nerves. Glue made it all better and functional again as a clip retainer but I can’t get it out of my head that that particular fender is no longer pristine:crying::CWL:
I am the same way.

TIP: you can always go to the other side and break that little plastic piece in exactly the same way... :LOL:

ascuro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 1985 CJ7, 1975 CJ5
It's really not too bad. I swapped in the Gladiator launch edition panels a while back. There's a bunch of good step-by-step videos on youtube. Just go easy and you won't break anything. Get a set of plastic trim removal tools and be liberal with painters tape on all the surfaces you pry against. I've taken my dash apart a handful of times for various reasons (mostly hunting down a loose USB plug), and the most annoying part will be if you drop any of the little plastic clips.

Just make sure you disconnect the battery before messing with the airbag. The one thing most of the walkthroughs don't do is remove the passenger grab handle - it's actually quite easy, just pop the trim piece off the right side and remove two long bolts. Makes removing/installing the two lower bolts behind it much easier (I removed it for installation after taking this pic).

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_4280
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_4286