Sponsored

Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
i paired the MC gamechanger with the Falcon adjustables. you will loose a tiny bit of flex with the Falcons but it has not been noticeable in the large boulder gardens. the on road ride is a bit stiffer, but more like a sports car stiffer, the JL really holds nicely in the turns. off road on the softest setting they are a dream in the boulders but i hate them on the soft setting on road, its too land yacht feeling, with more body roll. Off road in hi speed desert i keep them on the hard setting also. The Falcons suck up the whoops nicely. I have used many different shocks over the years and these falcons are a hit.
Good feedback...Are they the 3.3 adjustables for 3" lift?
Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
MC says they are calling mine a 2.5" lift. i got almost 4" out of it. I dont think MC likes it much that a bunch of us love their lifts but not their shocks. This pairing is a match made in heaven though, just enough simple adjustments for even a novice to make them. The adaptability factor is awesome. i am fairly certain this nirvana could be attained through some of the other adjustable reservoir shocks also. I am not a gear head enough to get into the valving but i do wheel enough to confirm that Teraflex got it right.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Hey everyone I am highly thinking of going with MC 2.5in game changer. But My 2 concerns is the actual height of lift after done as I only want to go 35" and dont want it to look funny if its higher after lift. I have the 2.0 turbo and the one touch so its not as heavy as other rubicons.
I have the 2.0 and Sky One Touch JLUR with MC 2.5” GC and Rocksports sitting on 35” BFG KM3s. I love the look and the fact I can park it everywhere and anywhere (parking garages, etc) in the city and my own garage with room to spare. Looks are subjective too and there’s something out there for everyone.

39FEB8FE-F3C5-4EA1-89C4-20522AD944A4.jpeg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I see photos of two Jeeps in this thread with the MC 2.5” GameChanger lift (not counting the one posed in the boulder). Both look to have a noticeable rake. Is this normal?

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I see photos of two Jeeps in this thread with the MC 2.5” GameChanger lift (not counting the one posed in the boulder). Both look to have a noticeable rake. Is this normal?
I think it’s the angle I took the picture, because mine looks level in person.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think it’s the angle I took the picture, because mine looks level in person.
But looking at your photo, you see what I mean, right? Have you ever thrown a level on your roof or rock sliders to check?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is the 3.5" Gamechanger with 6-packs and 38/13.5-17's, with matching spare, and sitting pretty damn level.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks. 20200813_083329

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
This is the 3.5" Gamechanger with 6-packs and 38/13.5-17's, with matching spare, and sitting pretty damn level.
Jeep Wrangler JL Has Anyone Installed Metal Cloak 2.5 Lift With Alternative Shocks. 20200813_083329
I agree, this does appear to have a more level stance. What’s the difference between yours and the ones that look to have more of a rake?

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I set up with a rake when empty, but with my normal 200lbs of tools in the bed she sits nice n level. We put 4dr springs in the rear to give it some extra lil bit of rake to accommodate the camp gear, tools and recovery gear that we carry.

20200714_101716.jpg

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I have the 2.0 and Sky One Touch JLUR with MC 2.5” GC and Rocksports sitting on 35” BFG KM3s. I love the look and the fact I can park it everywhere and anywhere (parking garages, etc) in the city and my own garage with room to spare. Looks are subjective too and there’s something out there for everyone.

39FEB8FE-F3C5-4EA1-89C4-20522AD944A4.jpeg

How is the ride quality ?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I agree, this does appear to have a more level stance. What’s the difference between yours and the ones that look to have more of a rake?
Well, some of the jeeps in this particular thread have shocks that Metalcloak didn't design for. Whereas, I've got their tuned combo. I'll also add that I try to always line up the bottom of the tires equidistant with the frame of the pic, to avoid a skewed image. Case in point, 3VOLVE's pic above looks quite raked up in the rear. But look at the unequal distances between the bottoms of the tires to the edge of the pic. Now look at the curb he parked next to, in relation to his body. Way closer to level.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I realize OP asked in Feb but I'm running stock Rubi shocks in the rear with relocated mounts (road grader delete) and cheap Skyjacker Black Max shocks up front. Works fine for me (shrug)

With the 2.5" MC GC mine appears to sit slightly ass low, esp when loaded for the weekend. I'm gonna try a spacer on just the right rear first

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have not, but will tomorrow morning and report back.
reporting back. It sits pretty level. the first pic was right after install, this one is seven months after various off-road excursions. I don’t know if that Makes a difference or not but seems to be more gap in the front Vice the first pic.

19A7DD4E-D605-43A7-BFD2-F0A7148ABF5F.jpeg
Sponsored