DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
last I knew this is JL Wrangler Forum, why do people including Ford marketing people come over here and discuss Broncos and stir up shit when they now have their own Forums???

and yes the moderators should move all off brand threads/topics to this section.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/other-vehicles-general-automotive-chat.6/
1597966372182.png
It's a light and enjoyable discussion for some of us. No need for speech patrol. Nobody is forced to open it or read it.
Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Yup, it's definitely an accomplishment as well as the RAM holding the #1 and #2 spot for fastest pickups.

To mention, Raptor is actually now #4 on that list, because the Ford F150 Limited is actually faster than a Raptor. But God strike me down if I mention Ford here.

And ya, way back when in 2004, these kind of features and abilities would have cost way too much to make it affordable. I don't believe the Raptor even existed...wasn't it the F150 Lightening or something?
That raptor is pig heavy ....
What people don't usually realize is tuning turbo car , you get much higher return of power for the money.
Those non HO EcoBoost 3.5 have a bit less power under the curve then 6.4L, but show huge gains with tuning and e mix fuel.
They run low 12s 1/4 on just off the shelf (not custom )e50 tune and e50 fuel mix. Mid 11s with intercooler, fuel pump, exhaust upgrades and custom e50 tune.

Moral of the story, if you want fast and or shit loads of low end torque, buy one with turbos.

Jeeperob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R || 2021 Hellayella Rubicon JLU
last I knew this is JL Wrangler Forum, why do people including Ford marketing people come over here and discuss Broncos and stir up shit when they now have their own Forums???

and yes the moderators should move all off brand threads/topics to this section.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/forums/other-vehicles-general-automotive-chat.6/
1597966372182.png
lol, you’re funny. But as I have replied previously, I’m not the one who even brought the Bronco up...I replied with a post about a 2004 Dodge RAM. You and the other fella went off about all the Bronco stuff.

Anyway, like another said, it’s just some fun banter to lighten the mood. Relax.

nova99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5 50i Black Sapphire, 2019 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 Duramax Ebony Twilight, 2018 JLUR Bright White
Well this is definitely going to happen now with TRX launch. Blown Hemi's for everything!

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Well this is definitely going to happen now with TRX launch. Blown Hemi's for everything!
Hope so, though I doubt we'll see the hellcat motor in a Wrangler from the factory. Who knows tho! Maybe they're willing to sell a vehicle that will get 7 mpg on the highway.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I think all of this is great. It appears auto makers are all going the route Ford is and jeep./FCA is upping the ante.

The not so far future will have boring vanilla, battery powered, self driven vehicles. Likely we will all have them for commutes, shopping, etc. Might not even own em, just time share a commute vehicle and that will save you money for a dream vehicle.

A fun, kickarse spare no expense rig we can let our hair down in all sorts of recreation. Jeeping, hot rods, muscle cars, super handling cars, etc.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Looks like this will not be happening any time soon???
It wouldn't hurt my feelings. My days of thirsty, fuel-guzzling v8s are long gone. It's why I went to diesel 15 or so years ago - I was tired of filling the tanks on the v8 trucks. The diesels were destroying them in terms of fuel economy.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Met a few nice peeps on the trail - it’s confirmed for Spring 2021 :rock:

Also, apparently some engineers have had some fun stuffing a 700hp HC in one :devil:. Those guys know how to have fun!

Overheard we‘ll be seeing 35s from the factory next refresh.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Met a few nice peeps on the trail - it’s confirmed for Spring 2021 :rock:

Also, apparently some engineers have had some fun stuffing a 700hp HC in one :devil:. Those guys know how to have fun!

Overheard we‘ll be seeing 35s from the factory next refresh.
Any mention of $$$?

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Any mention of $$$?
I was told by an FCA marketing rep that it was NOT going to happen but if it does look at the price of the 700HP Dodge Durango, it's what $100K plus and they can't make it past 2021 because of CAFE requirements. If they do stuff that motor into a production Jeep, you can bet it will be expensive and limited production, then there is the insurance angle. But then again I was told two years ago by an engineer at Moab and SEMA that a production Hemi Wrangler won't ever be built and the marketing rep confirmed that to me earlier this year pre-Covid.

Hope your wishes come true and I am wrong.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Any mention of $$$?
They have pre-production units (not sure how many) that are making the rounds to various off-road parks/events and dealerships.

I have been told they hope to be ready for 2021 launch and a price starting in the high 60's.

The engineers behind this project said somewhat similar; there are decisions being made to keep the price down versus a all-out halo model that has no target price.

We also may see a SRT version as well.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
They have pre-production units (not sure how many) that are making the rounds to various off-road parks/events and dealerships.

I have been told they hope to be ready for 2021 launch and a price starting in the high 60's.

The engineers behind this project said somewhat similar; there are decisions being made to keep the price down versus a all-out halo model that has no target price.

We also may see a SRT version as well.
John - I think you are spot on. High 60s is what I would expect for the 392. That would seem to be more inline with market expectations as well. More powerful motors definitely would be special editions and big money. IMO

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
It wouldn't hurt my feelings. My days of thirsty, fuel-guzzling v8s are long gone. It's why I went to diesel 15 or so years ago - I was tired of filling the tanks on the v8 trucks. The diesels were destroying them in terms of fuel economy.
It is interesting. I was talking to a fella at the gas station who had a really nice F350 diesel. Sounded really cool. We got to talking and his take was a bit different. His take on "fuel economy" was a little different. He said sure when you look just at MPG it is better, HOWEVER no one wants to talk about the price of diesel is usually always higher and the other elephant no one that is a diesel lover likes to mention the cost and added PITA DEF is. He was not that sold on the benefits of diesel other than TORQUE. He needed that for what he used his truck for so that was the ONLY reason he preferred diesel.

Back on topic. I has looking at a Hemi swap. Interesting to see the cost to do one for a JK is substantially cheaper than the JL from the 2 most well known swappers. I am hoping when the next JL (maybe JM) comes out the hemi swap will drop from the current cost of $35K. For $25K or so I would be willing to go hemi in the JL.

azrubi

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Mopar V8’s are notorious gas guzzlers. My 2014, 2 wheel drive Grand Cherokee with the 5.7 hemi is lucky to break over 14 mpg in the city. If this Wrangler goes into production, count on 12 mpg. The poor aerodynamics will be the biggest hurt on mpg.
Sponsored