First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Just curious if anyone has had their steering issues addressed via state/federal consumer protections. It seems another avenue to address these issues could be via class action.

I've tried contacting @JeepCares but only received a "we can't help, talk to a dealer" response. Just curious, has anyone went the route of consumer protections? It seems there daily threads here around steering issues. Personally, my ~$60k JLUR drives significantly worse than my old lifted 4" XJ that was on an entirely stock suspension.

I guess my next steps are contacting Jeep corporate, getting a professional 3rd party opinion then off to arbitration, or contacting a class action attorney.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get your steering box replaced with the new one that came out a couple months ago?

OP
OP
LooselyHeldPlans

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Did you get your steering box replaced with the new one that came out a couple months ago?
No, I wish I could. There’s tons of reports of people getting theirs in and out in a couple of weeks. I’ve been waiting 5 weeks so far (that’s after the dealership admitted there’s an issue). I called yesterday for a status and was told it was I’ll be 2-3 months before they can get parts.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
No, I wish I could. There’s tons of reports of people getting theirs in and out in a couple of weeks. I’ve been waiting 5 weeks so far (that’s after the dealership admitted there’s an issue). I called yesterday for a status and was told it was I’ll be 2-3 months before they can get parts.
There’s a shortage of parts, no doubt. But dealers will let you jump the line if they feel the heat.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
WTF had mine in a week.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LooselyHeldPlans

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
WTF had mine in a week.
Agreed. I asked @JeepCares and Darlene said, "We do not have the proper resources to determine the time frame, but your dealer will be in the best position to communicate to you as they receive updates."

Or in other words, "You're on your own with the dealership, we don't have time for that."

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Agreed. I asked @JeepCares and Darlene said, "We do not have the proper resources to determine the time frame, but your dealer will be in the best position to communicate to you as they receive updates."

Or in other words, "You're on your own with the dealership, we don't have time for that."
just an FYI, Jeep cares came through for me And interviewed with A very stubborn dealer. They called me constantly to let me know the status of the case. They may be overloaded on parts requests at the momentbut don’t give up on Jeep cares

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I would suggest that you wait until you get your new steering box before launching a legal attack. Perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised.

OP
OP
LooselyHeldPlans

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
just an FYI, Jeep cares came through for me And interviewed with A very stubborn dealer. They called me constantly to let me know the status of the case. They may be overloaded on parts requests at the momentbut don’t give up on Jeep cares
Yeah, I’m not holding my breath. I tried working with @JeepCares but got no where. What am I supposed to do, keep asking for attention?

In addition to exploring consumer protection and class action, I think another Avenue might be to find 5-10 other people here that are having steering issues and would be willing to talk to the press about the problems they’ve had.

If you’d be willing to participate and I haven’t already reached out, shoot me a PM.

OP
OP
LooselyHeldPlans

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I would suggest that you wait until you get your new steering box before launching a legal attack. Perhaps you'll be pleasantly surprised.
How long should I wait for? I originally brought the steering issue up after owning the car for 6 days. A year later they finally acknowledge an issue and now I’m looking at 4 months before the dealership can get parts (and that estimate has been the same every time I’ve called over the last 5 weeks... so I’m guessing at least 4 months... probably more).

If other people throughout the country weren’t getting this fixed the same week, I’d understand and know it’s a parts availability issue.

The real problem is the distribution of these parts is majorly flawed. Why should it takeone dealership 2 days to diagnose and fix while others talke 120+ days?
Sponsored