Not open for further replies.

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Put mine on yesterday. I didn’t remove the bumper because it is such a pain to get to those inside bolts with the winch installed. It made it a bit more difficult and the positioning with the angle grinder showered me with sparks as I laid under the car, but I got it done.

The hardest part was honestly making sure the measurements were on before making the first cut. The instructions and images left a little to be desired. Also @Maximus-3, the image of the skid plate is not the same as the one that came from the factory on my JL, that caused a little confusion.

F838F6E7-67C8-41D7-829B-B99A3238365D.jpeg

tonyg30

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Anybody know of a replacement for the MAXIMUS-3 BLUE OX ADAPTERS LUGS Model JK1009TA? sounds like they are 8-9 month backorder from the factory?

Also, can a triple lug be used instead of a double lug? I already have these from the previous flat tow set up.

Last edited:

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Anybody know of a replacement for the MAXIMUS-3 BLUE OX ADAPTERS LUGS Model JK1009TA? sounds like they are 8-9 month backorder from the factory?

Also, can a triple lug be used instead of a double lug? I already have these from the previous flat tow set up.
There are several 7/8” blue ox adapters on the market including one from blue ox.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Put mine on yesterday. I didn’t remove the bumper because it is such a pain to get to those inside bolts with the winch installed. It made it a bit more difficult and the positioning with the angle grinder showered me with sparks as I laid under the car, but I got it done.

The hardest part was honestly making sure the measurements were on before making the first cut. The instructions and images left a little to be desired. Also @Maximus-3, the image of the skid plate is not the same as the one that came from the factory on my JL, that caused a little confusion.
I found that with the skid plate as well. Frustrating, but simple enough to measure.
I can’t believe you managed to install these without removing the bumper! Respect!

Sponsored

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 3.6l. 2004 Dodge Quad 2500 Laramie 5.9l Cummins
I found that with the skid plate as well. Frustrating, but simple enough to measure.
I can’t believe you managed to install these without removing the bumper! Respect!
Much respect as well. I just put mine on last night but did remove the bumper which was quite a chore given the winch. My skidplate also is shorter than the instructions but easy enough to figure out. I really wish I would have just installed them when I put the winch in instead of after the fact. Well, it's done and I'm happy.

20201011_115712.jpg

20201011_000755.jpg

20201011_000802.jpg

KevinD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Does the 5% JLWF member discount still apply? Any other sales coming up soon?
I want to get a set for my Gladiator.

Clubmud

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited 3.6l. 2004 Dodge Quad 2500 Laramie 5.9l Cummins
There are several 7/8” blue ox adapters on the market including one from blue ox.
I can't seem to find anything that is 5/8" thick other than the Maximus adapters which, seem to be quite a while out. Everything I've seen is either 3/4" or 1". I did read an article which suggested shimming the wider adapter with washers on both sides to make up the difference and take the side to side slack out.. Is this acceptable to do? I would think it'd be fine too as long as the hardware is rated high (grade 8)?
If you know of any specific other makes would you mind sending me the makers?
Thanks for the insight.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
I can't seem to find anything that is 5/8" thick other than the Maximus adapters which, seem to be quite a while out. Everything I've seen is either 3/4" or 1". I did read an article which suggested shimming the wider adapter with washers on both sides to make up the difference and take the side to side slack out.. Is this acceptable to do? I would think it'd be fine too as long as the hardware is rated high (grade 8)?
Thanks for the insight.
When I had installed the tow loops, roughly 10 months ago, Maximus had exhausted its stock of adapters. They responded to my email asking about an alternative with a Blue Ox part number. Unfortunately I can't access the box with the part number right now, nor find my correspondence, or I'd share it. It does include an 8th inch washer/shim, so yes, that is acceptable. We just returned from a 3,000 mile trip and had no issues.

Sponsored

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Thanks for the insight.
The blue ox off road adapter will work with a shim. It is listed for 5/8-1”.

dgreen1069

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2003 Ford Excursion, 2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
You can use Blue Ox BX88303 with the Maximus tow loops. Seems Maximus never has the tow lugs in stock. For some reason, it appears the Blue Ox lugs are also out of stock many places at the moment. I think I paid $219 for them on Amazon last year.

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Rubicon
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
You can use Blue Ox BX88303 with the Maximus tow loops. Seems Maximus never has the tow lugs in stock. For some reason, it appears the Blue Ox lugs are also out of stock many places at the moment. I think I paid $219 for them on Amazon last year.
I bought the same Blue Ox adapters from Amazon as well. They came with these washers that fit perfectly with the Maximus tow loops.

Jeep Wrangler JL Maximus-3 JL Tow Loops (Front & Rear) Blue Ox adapters

Bruceter

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Wrangler Rubicon,
Hello, first post here. I’m wondering if anyone is running with any of the Roadmaster adapters for example the #rm035. I did read one person was using them without issue and another person saying there was an issue with the upward travel of the tow bar where the adapter was hitting the bottom of the bumper. I already have a Roadmaster tow bar and hoping to stick with it using the Maximus-3 Tow Loops.
thanks!
Bruce

Jgeiken

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Well, I went to hook up the tow bar and found that the hole on the passenger side is a hair smaller than 7/8”, so the pin doesn’t fit. The pin fits fine in the other 3 holes. I sent an email off to Maximus about it we’ll see what they say.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.