Permanently disable auto-stop feature 2020 Jeep Gladiator

WolfMaster

First Name
Wolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
To permanently disable the auto-stop feature on your 2020 Jeep Gladiator without having to spend money on and expensive gadget you can follow these simple instructions.
1. On the driver's side door locate the access panel to the wiring harness that you would use to remove the door. Remove the plastic protective cover.
2. Unhook the wiring harness by manipulating the cam lock handle on the wiring plug to the door wiring harness.
3. Pull back the nylon sleeve on the wiring harness to expose the wires.
4. Remove the wrapped electrical tape wrapped around the wiring harness underneath the plug for the wires that go to the door.
5. Locate the purple wire with the peach colored tracer.
6. About 3 to 4 inches from the plug cut the purple wire with the peach tracer. (this will allow you ample room to solder the wire back together and apply heat shrink tubing over the wire if you decide to make this function work again), in the event that you sell your jeep.

Purple wire peach tracer.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
7. Now you can have your driver's side door open and drive forward or reverse and the auto-stop feature is permanently disabled. This will cause the warning symbol @! to show up on your instrument panel but it is easily ignored.
Great info and thanks. I went the expensive route and bought a SmartStopStart for mine. And "Easily ignored" Depends on your tolerance for those things. I know that's good low budget solution, but that would drive me freakin' nuts!

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator? When did this happen? Also, since you were kind enough to snap pictures of your fingers, please enjoy the picture below of chip fingers. Resist the urge to lick them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Permanently disable auto-stop feature 2020 Jeep Gladiator mFx-gI_DtJXFq6rIakteoy55X7OQTUoiQO92_Uib874
will this cause permanent damage to your fingers ?

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Thanks for the tip @WolfMaster Wolf. Even though I don't own a Gladiator I'm always curious....

...speaking of which, have you any explanation for why this is the case---or how you found this out...and why such wiring might be unique to the Gladiator but not a JL or what purpose the wiring normally serves.

Thanks.