Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
In my opinion and for my use.
If you're mall crawling or shopping at Walmart it's much "less" obvious to open the inner EZ door to hide a purse or conceal other items, than say to swing open the tailgate for prying eyes to see what you're doing. That's what the function will provide for me as well as your fore mention use.
The trunk is built out of steel and reinforced. I guess I could have shown some of the reinforcements...
I just installed mine this weekend so It's all new to me. But it seems like a solid addition for my purposes.
Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
With understanding of the EZLock's purpose now "under my belt" thanks to you, attention turns now to the question of "why?"
Purpose is for access for small items without opening the tailgate for full view, purses, etc.
In addition to the quick access of small items, it also allows you to stash or grab small items in privacy. For example, stashing a concealed carry weapon when youā€™re about to enter a building where you canā€™t carry.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I think it may be a pass thru...for golf clubs etc... and when not needed it gets locked up.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I think it may be a pass thru...for golf clubs etc... and when not needed it gets locked up.

That's a good point about it providing some degree of depth for certain items within the cargo area without having to take the EZtrunk down: not necessarily because of difficulty in effecting same, but the lose of concealment it may provide to valuables that do fit entirely within its confines.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Overall I think it's pretty nice/functional...they probably won't do one for the two door, not much space. I have the smittybuilt box on my tailgate door. I like the idea of the EZtrunk better ...no excess weight on the tailgate door.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Looking for some help.
I received an EZTRUNK for a JL.
It came with no instructions. Said to go to their website for installation instructions. I could not find any instructions for the installation. Got a box of parts and pieces to go with it. Has anyone installed one of these or have a link?
Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 1602534559018
Say Jim:

(I rag on the product developer because to provide no (access to) instructions I am of the belief that he has it coming....)

The above circled part...is it possible that it's left over because it's a UHF TV antenna or something, never intended to be fitted on? ;)

Or maybe it was, like to receive new product update downloads....like...gee...I don't know....AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!!!

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
Say Jim:

(I rag on the product developer because to provide no (access to) instructions I am of the belief that he has it coming....)

The above circled part...is it possible that it's left over because it's a UHF TV antenna or something, never intended to be fitted on? ;)

Or maybe it was, like to receive new product update downloads....like...gee...I don't know....AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL!!!!
I see pieces that appear to be part of a lock and two keys connected with a rubber band?

OP
OP
Slowpoke

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Say Jim:

The circled item is the lock and the latch bolt.
They emailed an instructional link for the box today. I have not had a chance to review it. It was a large pictorial file.
Also, in reference to a link to disable the electric tailgate latch. That is not complete yet. They are working on a video for that. However, if you have "proximity" locks you do not need to disable the electric tailgate latch because non of the doors will unlock unless your fob is in close proximity.
I will look over the instructions in a bit.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
The circled item is the lock and the latch bolt.
They emailed an instructional link for the box today. I have not had a chance to review it. It was a large pictorial file.
Also, in reference to a link to disable the electric tailgate latch. That is not complete yet. They are working on a video for that. However, if you have "proximity" locks you do not need to disable the electric tailgate latch because non of the doors will unlock unless your fob is in close proximity.
I will look over the instructions in a bit.
Perhaps at some point Jim you'll be up to scanning it to PDF (if not already) and uploading it on the forum.

Thanks. :)

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Care to share it? The resource is still MIA from their site, it seems. I like to review instruction/installation manuals prior to purchase, and I do like the design of the EZ Trunk. TIA.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I finally got a response back for my preorder. The two door is $399. I donā€™t mind paying that but seeing what you had to put together without any instruction there is just no way I would even know where to begin so idk. I really wanted it to Iā€™ve been waiting. They say their trunk is easy to install but doesnā€™t look easy.

OP
OP
Slowpoke

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I have received instructions.
I will post tomorrow afternoon.
Very easy to install with instructions.
Works good for me.

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I finally got a response back for my preorder. The two door is $399. I donā€™t mind paying that but seeing what you had to put together without any instruction there is just no way I would even know where to begin so idk. I really wanted it to Iā€™ve been waiting. They say their trunk is easy to install but doesnā€™t look easy.
The install pdf is on the site now. Page with instructions here.

OP
OP
Slowpoke

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I see Patternman has posted the links.
Thanks.
Sponsored