Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
It’s not $4k for all 8 doors, that’s the price just for the half doors. The base price includes the full doors.
No I realize they are for the additional..but in my case I have a 2 door that's why I was saying 2000 which is not that bad for the summer. Like I said the top is beyond that and they used to be half what they cost now. I remember back in the 90s I think, a friend of mine had paid 1500 for the extra half doors with windows and I thought that was a lot of cake. But everything is relative...there were no 4 doors back then!
Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I feel like for a real door, $1000 is not too much. However it should be painted, include mirrors, power locks, safety features, etc. Plug and play, so to speak.

Just the tube doors are $325 a piece, and that basically gives you nothing.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Probably charge more for power options, but maybe not since the mirror controls are on the door.

I just hope they learn from the JK half doors where you had to buy then piece by piece for the first few years.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Who's gonna be the first to file a lawsuit when they leak like a sieve? Lol, Those are horrendous looking.
You know I have to say the only time mine ever leaked is when they replaced the upper on my passenger door. It was something about how the dealership had to set the seal around the door. A trip back and they redid it and never leaked again.

I'm also lucky to have a pretty solid dealer I think.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I’ve owned jeeps with both full and half doors. The biggest difference comes from the fact that the half doors have no frame when the uppers are removed. It feels far more open than the full doors. It also makes it easier to see what’s going on outside the jeep when you’re on the trail, and you don’t have to drive to the trail doorless and windowless.
Thanks for the explanation. So do they have windows in them? Or is it that they can work with soft windows?

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the explanation. So do they have windows in them? Or is it that they can work with soft windows?
Half doors? They have soft windows with a metal frame. You can either take the windows off completely, in which case the door has no frame, or leave the soft windows on and “roll” them down by unzipping the window and folding it inward.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I couldn't wait any longer so this Spring I bought the JCR doors and had them painted to match...enjoyed them all summer.
I bought the Bestop soft uppers and moded them to fit in case of a rainstorm. Not a perfect solution but it works for me and put a smile on my face all Summer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos IMG-7583
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep w half doors 2

Buckleyjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ, 99 TJ, 2003 TJ, 2018 JLUR
I couldn't wait any longer so this Spring I bought the JCR doors and had them painted to match...enjoyed them all summer.
I bought the Bestop soft uppers and moded them to fit in case of a rainstorm. Not a perfect solution but it works for me and put a smile on my face all Summer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep JL / JLU Half Doors Official Press Release and Photos Jeep w half doors 2
I’ve been looking at what you did here ever since you posted. You did an amazing job. I really want half doors on my Ocean Blue Jeep. I love the lines and open feeling and am always trying to replicate my old TJ. I also like the look of just the half door on the back doors. With the seats down and door frame off it looks almost like a Scrambler. But $4k is a lot of cheddar, plus a repaint since they don’t offer OB any more.

E97BE54E-F97E-4261-BCD8-88F4C7EA9E02.jpeg

Lincs

First Name
Lincs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Not yet, I expect maybe early next year. These are still spy and test shots so I think they haven't started actually making them in bulk yet.

Just my opinion

Sponsored

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
My 99 TJ vs 2016 Rubicon both with half doors. I will always miss the low cut TJ half doors...
  • If you’re willing to spend $4K, I recommend getting sliders (easy and worth it mod).
  • For what it’s worth, speaking as someone who owned half doors on my last two Jeeps, after learning first-hand with the JK that the half door is now more like a TJ full door, it’s a strong pass this time around - especially at $4K.
Can you elaborate on your statement on the JK half doors? I've loved my YJ & TJ half doors in the past.

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I’m so ticked off right now with Jeep I don’t know what to do. First these total idiots are forcing me into a Hardtop if I choose Hella Yella! The stupidity of that surpasses all understanding!

Now it appears I cannot get the dual doors because half doors aren’t available in Hella!

I’d gladly buy dual tops and dual doors upon ordering to get the Jeep I want.

Jeep, you are ruining my dream build! I’m so sick of this nonsense I’m considering forgetting even ordering one now. Who knows, maybe I’ll try and find a super clean unmolested TJ Rubi or take a long hard look at the new Bronco?
Hella Yella is my 1st choice too, but I don't want a hard top. And that's the *only* color that requires a hardtop. What the hell? I don't get it.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Where the tj doors came up to say your waist while sitting the jk came up to your say your elbow. So not quite as open as the tj. But that's also the body style too.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hella Yella is my 1st choice too, but I don't want a hard top. And that's the *only* color that requires a hardtop. What the hell? I don't get it.
That really sounds like a bug or something. I can't imagine they would lock options to basic colors like that.

I know with the jk, it was hard to get half doors with anything but the sport because the power options took you out of the half's.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Where the tj doors came up to say your waist while sitting the jk came up to your say your elbow. So not quite as open as the tj. But that's also the body style too.
Thanks. That's helpful. I have a freakishly long torso (can't even fit under a hardtop), so hopefully it won't feel as much as an issue as that.
Sponsored