What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Yeah, the fact is i really hate when things are done in a low quality way but they don't have to be. Or things that are done in a lazy way. Or products that are misrepresented in marketing material. In the cases where I can actually fix the thing that is done wrong, I usually do. But, say, if I found a stitch out of place on my steering wheel, I wouldn't let that bother me (let alone even notice).

I guess for a $1200 winch I expect more than a die cast piece of pot metal for a fairlead.

jeeplllllllo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport
BT

Back on topic, my bartact seat covers came in last night but I was out all evening... tried putting the driver seat on this morning and I ... need way more time to figure it out

Edit: got em done! Copilot helped me out. Talked to the bartact guys and it’s still a couple month wait for the cloth backseats. :/
Love those seat covers. Are those the JK seat covers on a JL? I’ve been looking for these but wasn’t sure if they would fit my JL Sport. Can you provide link to where you got the seat covers?

Thanks.

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
I like Daytona Beach Hooters wings :)
I wish I lived in Florida :(

I vote for the Kerr's Wing House girls, er, wings. Prefer the one by the Wyndham near Main Street..

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Yeah, the fact is i really hate when things are done in a low quality way but they don't have to be. Or things that are done in a lazy way. Or products that are misrepresented in marketing material. In the cases where I can actually fix the thing that is done wrong, I usually do. But, say, if I found a stitch out of place on my steering wheel, I wouldn't let that bother me (let alone even notice).

I guess for a $1200 winch I expect more than a die cast piece of pot metal for a fairlead.
Agreed

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
I couldn’t figure out how to remove the bumper trim. So I just carefully taped the whole thing around and bagged the entire car. Tape job was a pain in the *#s. That took the most time. Color is fairly close but not exact. I think it turned out well.

CFB99AFB-1C4E-463A-ABEC-9DF7127115E4.jpeg

6EFBC5CF-C2B6-4C66-BA18-084E39C2EFB2.png
Performix 11203 Plasti Dip Black Multi-Purpose Rubber Coating Aerosol - 11 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006SU3QW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_EoBVAbSFCJW3D
Did you use this? The matte black Plasti-Dip? How many cans?

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Designed, 3D Printed and installed my custom Wireless (Qi) iPhone charger.
The microUSB cable is routed behind the dash and taps into the 12V cigarette lighter.
I use a thin magnetic case on my iPhone and it attaches securely to the charger.

IMG_0358.jpeg
IMG_0357.jpeg
IMG_0356.jpeg
IMG_0355.jpeg
So, when are you making/selling/sending these ?!?! ;)

CosTheKing

First Name
Marcos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my spiderwebshade. Very easy to install, makes a big difference in wind noise with the top down, and does a great job of blocking out the sun! My only complaint is I wish they made a soft top only variant without the center hole for the freedom top latches The hole seems to catch air and flap around a little(Not to the point where it makes noise.) The hole just seems to make the center portion of the top less tight.
shade 2.jpg shade.jpg

Last edited:

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my spiderwebshade. Very easy to install, makes a big difference in wind noise with the top down, and does a great job of blocking out the sun! My only complaint is I wish they made a soft top only variant without the center hole for the freedom top latches The hole shade 2.jpg shade.jpg seems to catch air and flap around a little(Not to the point where it makes noise.) The hole just seems to make the center portion of the top less tight.
So, you can keep this on with your freedom hard top on top of it?

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
Installed my spiderwebshade. Very easy to install, makes a big difference in wind noise with the top down, and does a great job of blocking out the sun! My only complaint is I wish they made a soft top only variant without the center hole for the freedom top latches The hole shade 2.jpg shade.jpg seems to catch air and flap around a little(Not to the point where it makes noise.) The hole just seems to make the center portion of the top less tight.
How easy is this new design to remove when you want full sun? I had the JK version and it was nice but their are times when I wanted complete open air experience.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
How easy is this new design to remove when you want full sun? I had the JK version and it was nice but their are times when I wanted complete open air experience.
What's going to take the longest is flipping the windshield down(Required for the front hooks.) The rest can probably be removed in less than a minute. If you roll it to the front and find a way to secure it so that it doesn't flap around that would be a great way to go completely naked(I'm not sure if that method is possible, but going by how small the bag that it arrives in I imagine it can compress a good amount.)