Sponsored

Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!!

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
let's see them!!!
35's, 37's, 40's?

And discuss them..

Opinions on additional weight vs standard wheels

Pros vs cons,

Best color?
Sponsored

BWRubi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
I have mine on order with the rest of my stuff. I have a white JLUR and went with a 3.5 MC GC lift with 37s on black Rock Monsters. Hopefully it will be ready in the next couple of months. Im debating if I want to paint the Hutchinson's white and leave the bolt covers black (sort of like the Black Rhino Axles) but I'm not sure until I can see them. I've heard nothing but good things other than the weight and plan on doing chromoly shafts when I regear a bit down the road.

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have mine on order with the rest of my stuff. I have a white JLUR and went with a 3.5 MC GC lift with 37s on black Rock Monsters. Hopefully it will be ready in the next couple of months. Im debating if I want to paint the Hutchinson's white and leave the bolt covers black (sort of like the Black Rhino Axles) but I'm not sure until I can see them. I've heard nothing but good things other than the weight and plan on doing chromoly shafts when I regear a bit down the road.
NICE! I'm 99% sure I'm goin with MC and 37's once I get it wrapped I'm struggling between the Matte Black or the Argent leaning towards the Argent to give a slight contrast to the matte wrap

BWRubi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
NICE! I'm 99% sure I'm goin with MC and 37's once I get it wrapped I'm struggling between the Matte Black or the Argent leaning towards the Argent to give a slight contrast to the matte wrap
Yeah. I do like the argent as well, I'm just doing a whole black and white theme. I don't you can go wrong either way

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I have had them for a long time. Argent color. I like them. The downfall. Mounting and balancing is a pain in the ass and some shops won’t even touch them. They weigh a ton. 35” Toyo and I am at 117 lbs so I really need to figure out how to change the tire in an emergency.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!! 470ABE95-28CB-43F2-99B0-C4B76638C33B
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!! 68F1BEF0-4FD9-4AD9-88A1-68A737BC9F39

Sponsored

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah. I do like the argent as well, I'm just doing a whole black and white theme. I don't you can go wrong either way
Agreed! I'd do black if I had a white jeep for sure

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have had them for a long time. Argent color. I like them. The downfall. Mounting and balancing is a pain in the ass and some shops won’t even touch them. They weigh a ton. 35” Toyo and I am at 117 lbs so I really need to figure out how to change the tire in an emergency.
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!! 68F1BEF0-4FD9-4AD9-88A1-68A737BC9F39
The Argent looks good! The weight is a definite concern especiallyif you need to change a tire! How do they affect your mpg's? I'm on 35's now and getting 17.5 mixed

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
The Argent looks good! The weight is a definite concern especiallyif you need to change a tire! How do they affect your mpg's? I'm on 35's now and getting 17.5 mixed
They did not do much vs before. My MPGs have always been right around 17-18 and that is what I still get.

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I know there are more than one set out there!

@mikej show them bad boys off

BWRubi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
By any chance anyone powder coat a set? I bought them in black, but I'm thinking of powder coating the entire face white, the"ring" outside the bolts white, or inside the "ring" white. I have a white JLUR and am going with a black and white theme. I did body colored Hauk front and rear bumpers as well as fenders, so I'm thinking it would look ok. I included a VERY rough mockup in all white, if anyone has thoughts. Would like opinions as I obviously can't easily go back, lol. Thanks all!
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!! IMG_20201012_143829x2

Sponsored

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
By any chance anyone powder coat a set? I bought them in black, but I'm thinking of powder coating the entire face white, the"ring" outside the bolts white, or inside the "ring" white. I have a white JLUR and am going with a black and white theme. I did body colored Hauk front and rear bumpers as well as fenders, so I'm thinking it would look ok. I included a VERY rough mockup in all white, if anyone has thoughts. Would like opinions as I obviously can't easily go back, lol. Thanks all!
Jeep Wrangler JL Show off your Hutchinson Rock Monsters!!! IMG_20201012_143829x2
I think it would look good as well, black lugs too!

BWRubi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
Thanks! Definitely planning on black lugs. Any Thoughts on powder coating just the outside or inside? I agree all white actually looks better than I thought it would. Appreciate the insight!

BWRubi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR
That's where I was going. Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I wasn't out of mind haha
Sponsored