WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Canadians are our only hope!

GDE will have a U.S. legal tune ready next summer, and it WILL be awesome I can promise you, but it will not eliminate the $$$$ emissions equipment under the chassis.
Sponsored

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR | 2020 JLUR-D | 2022 Demonator
Occupation
Video Creator
HP Tuners apparently has been updated for a 2020 Ecodeisel Jeep Wrangler. My shop here is interested in working on a delete using their tuning software but I don't have the time to mess around right now. HP tuners needs the ECU to unlock it first, then it can be tuned by their software and a tuner.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
The Canadians are our only hope!

GDE will have a U.S. legal tune ready next summer, and it WILL be awesome I can promise you, but it will not eliminate the $$$$ emissions equipment under the chassis.
Do you know if it will bypass the EGR? Even if it doesn’t eliminate it, if I can bypass it so that I’m not putting dirty air into my engine and causing costly repairs in the future.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Do you know if it will bypass the EGR? Even if it doesn’t eliminate it, if I can bypass it so that I’m not putting dirty air into my engine and causing costly repairs in the future.
I seriously doubt it. They are keeping it EPA legal. However, they do specifically state that the soot loading is drastically reduced in their tune and the engine will have better longevity and fuel efficiency. Those guys came from backgrounds in OE diesel programming, so they know what they're doing. That's why I trust them. The tune they sent me for my KJ diesel made it a totally different Jeep.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
I'd be happy with a simple blocker plate if it's possible and maybe a wiring harness to to bypass or block the sensor so you don't get a CEL from the EGR nor functioning properly. I just picked mine up yesterday and haven't poked around under the hood yet. A company called Kennedy diesel used to offer what he called a "finger stick" that you would wire in to the EGR and it would block the code from popping up after installing a EGR blocker plate.

Sponsored

carlhenry

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 wrangler jl 2.0
I'd be happy with a simple blocker plate if it's possible and maybe a wiring harness to to bypass or block the sensor so you don't get a CEL from the EGR nor functioning properly. I just picked mine up yesterday and haven't poked around under the hood yet. A company called Kennedy diesel used to offer what he called a "finger stick" that you would wire in to the EGR and it would block the code from popping up after installing a EGR blocker plate.
try hd diesel canada 888-375-7767 best tuner bar none

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
I seriously doubt it. They are keeping it EPA legal. However, they do specifically state that the soot loading is drastically reduced in their tune and the engine will have better longevity and fuel efficiency. Those guys came from backgrounds in OE diesel programming, so they know what they're doing. That's why I trust them. The tune they sent me for my KJ diesel made it a totally different Jeep.
Thank you, I’m considering trading in my 2019 JLUR for a 2021 JLURD.
Sponsored