Gotta love Selec-Trac!

rumblejeep

First Name
Doublehaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sahara
I already bought the Moab decal! $40, and I like it! But I hope no one gives me shit for turning a Sahara into a Moab, (when in fact a Moab is actually aesthetically decked out Sahara)
Here
shit.gif
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Unpopular opinion here, but yes I think part of that is weird. I think using the MOAB decal, on a non-MOAB is weird. There is nothing wrong with a Sahara. If you wanted a MOAB, you should've just bought a MOAB. Its a Jeep, and I don't think changing out parts or upgrading is a problem, but using the same name as another trim/model in the lineup is disingenuous. If you wanted to do all of that stuff and not use a MOAB decal, or a custom decal instead of MOAB, I would say go ahead, nothing odd.

But at the end of the day its your Jeep.
I know! but isn't a Moab, just all the changes I highlighted above? It's derived from a Sahara, afterall. Idk just my opinion, but I rather do what's right lol than randomly putting stickers around.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Selec-Trac don't get enough appreciations that they deserve around here.

Had some freak snowstorms here in Vancouver for the last couple of weeks (It rarely snows in the city), some roads are cleared but many aren't, and the Selec-Trac performed flawlessly.

Even pulled several cars out of ditches on my way to work one morning, and just watching other cars sliding and skidding all around me, it was chaotic out there. But felt peaceful and confident in my cabin, made driving around even more enjoyable and its these moments that I was glad I went with a Sahara.

C2297CEB-94BF-4681-9129-0022435D1B08.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Well, summer is definitely over here in the Pacific Northwest. We have been having some heavy storms rolling in over the past few days, dropping significant amounts of rainfall.

I engaged Selec-Trac for the first time in many months: love how it makes the Jeep feel well planted.

Driving on the freeway last night I realized that Selec-Trac makes the steering feel heavier and more precise as well; tracking more linear at speed.

I still haven’t had the steering box TSB done to mine; it doesn’t feel like it needs it at all when Selec-Trac is engaged.

Now I just need to disable those irritating Weather Alerts...

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
what i'd like to see would be a transmission that could be AWD and true 4WD. the ford raptor (and i think a few other models) have this ability.
You must mean vehicles with a center diff. They're said to be better than the selec trac style if the selec trac needs to slip its clutch often. But even they drool over locking diffs.

Coops4284

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB; 2019 Indian Scout Bobber
Occupation
IT Enterprise Architect
Vehicle Showcase
I already bought the Moab decal! $40, and I like it! But I hope no one gives me shit for turning a Sahara into a Moab, (when in fact a Moab is actually aesthetically decked out Sahara)
So you are partially correct in your statement. Your list in your previous post was also missing several items from the $10,000 MOAB option (8.4" screen with Nav and Alpine, Custom McKinley Leather interior & leather stiched dash, LED Headlamps/Fog/tail, Select Trac & LSD, Tow package with 4 aux switches, Matte badges & rims with 32" BFG MT, All weather floor mats, Headliner in the hardtop, Rubicon hood & steel bumper, park assist) I think I got everything else.

IMO I think it is dumb when people add a badge or decal to a vehicle that is a lie. Like all of the JK/U and JL/U with Rubicon hood decals and it is a sport. Be proud of what you have and not try and imitate a different trim line. Sure you could put all of the aforementioned items in a Sahara and "convert" it to a MOAB, but the VIN wont change nor will the value of the rig.

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So you are partially correct in your statement. Your list in your previous post was also missing several items from the $10,000 MOAB option (8.4" screen with Nav and Alpine, Custom McKinley Leather interior & leather stiched dash, LED Headlamps/Fog/tail, Select Trac & LSD, Tow package with 4 aux switches, Matte badges & rims with 32" BFG MT, All weather floor mats, Headliner in the hardtop, Rubicon hood & steel bumper, park assist) I think I got everything else.

IMO I think it is dumb when people add a badge or decal to a vehicle that is a lie. Like all of the JK/U and JL/U with Rubicon hood decals and it is a sport. Be proud of what you have and not try and imitate a different trim line. Sure you could put all of the aforementioned items in a Sahara and "convert" it to a MOAB, but the VIN wont change nor will the value of the rig.
Yeah, I agree. There’s something weird about that. Especially when someone is trying to “up-badge” their vehicle.

I stuck an “OVERLAND” decal on my hood because I liked the decal and the heritage of the “Overland” name in Jeep’s history.

Jeep Wrangler JL Gotta love Selec-Trac! 7C49A5BF-D84E-49C2-8017-3860B2A46B9C

But some people seem to get confused to no end when they see a Sahara with a big OVERLAND decal plastered on the hood. So I ordered a SAHARA decal from pixeldecals; it should arrive in the next week or two. I’ll post pix when it arrives.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Yeah, I agree. There’s something weird about that. Especially when someone is trying to “up-badge” their vehicle.

I stuck an “OVERLAND” decal on my hood because I liked the decal and the heritage of the “Overland” name in Jeep’s history.

7C49A5BF-D84E-49C2-8017-3860B2A46B9C.jpeg

But some people seem to get confused to no end when they see a Sahara with a big OVERLAND decal plastered on the hood. So I ordered a SAHARA decal from pixeldecals; it should arrive in the next week or two. I’ll post pix when it arrives.
Why would you change the decal to cater to others? As long as you like it.. Especially you didn’t really “upbadge” anything in this case. Considering “Overland” isn’t really a trim model for the Wrangler. My deca is “Sandstorm” akin to their desert runner concept. But nobody knows this and it strikes up interesting conversations!

1B6B88BC-769D-403C-8DC1-3ABB59A6F220.jpeg

OP
OP
aldo98229

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you change the decal to cater to others? As long as you like it.. Especially you didn’t really “upbadge” anything in this case. Considering “Overland” isn’t really a trim model for the Wrangler. My deca is “Sandstorm” akin to their desert runner concept. But nobody knows this and it strikes up interesting conversations!

1B6B88BC-769D-403C-8DC1-3ABB59A6F220.jpeg
“Sandstorm” is somewhat obviously a custom decal. “Overland” seems too close to an actual Jeep model; I guess it sends some people’s heads spinning.

In any event, part of the reason I went with OVERLAND is because I hadn’t found a SAHARA decal I liked.

But now I have; pixeldecals has a really nice one —see 2nd left
Jeep Wrangler JL Gotta love Selec-Trac! A0B77E18-D169-4816-A87E-567DCC64440D

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
“Sandstorm” is somewhat obviously a custom decal. “Overland” seems too close to an actual Jeep model; I guess it sends some people’s heads spinning.

In any event, part of the reason I went with OVERLAND is because I hadn’t found a SAHARA decal I liked.

But now I have; pixeldecals has a really nice one —see 2nd left
Jeep Wrangler JL Gotta love Selec-Trac! A0B77E18-D169-4816-A87E-567DCC64440D
I might be wrong, but it seems at one time Jeep had an Overland Wrangler model for sale in Australia.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
I would think 'Overland' is quite acceptable since it is the Sahara equivalent on the Gladiator. It's the same trim level, not upgrading, downgrading or side-grading.
Sponsored