Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Looking for some help.
I received an EZTRUNK for a JL.
It came with no instructions. Said to go to their website for installation instructions. I could not find any instructions for the installation. Got a box of parts and pieces to go with it. Has anyone installed one of these or have a link?
20201010_114827.jpg
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for some help.
I received an EZTRUNK for a JL.
It came with no instructions. Said to go to their website for installation instructions. I could not find any instructions for the installation. Got a box of parts and pieces to go with it. Has anyone installed one of these or have a link?
20201010_114827.jpg
I didn't realize they started shipping this product yet! You must be one of the first purchasers on this forum.

Obviously, this product must have come with many other parts/panels then what you are showing in the single image you posted.

Where (website or local shop) did you purchase it? They should have some responsibility to assist with a brand new product to this market. It seems there are literally no support documents available online yet. The documents must be well hidden ;)

OP
OP
Slowpoke

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I didn't realize they started shipping this product yet! You must be one of the first purchasers on this forum.

Obviously, this product must have come with many other parts/panels then what you are showing in the single image you posted.

Where (website or local shop) did you purchase it? They should have some responsibility to assist with a brand new product to this market. It seems there are literally no support documents available online yet. The documents must be well hidden ;)
I pre-ordered at the Jeep Invasion this summer in the Smokys. Just received yesterday. Email said to refer to their website for installation instructions. No luck with that. So I had to use what brain power i have left and got started on it. Had to remove a panel that came installed on it and put on a more narrow panel to clear the sub woofer. It's "operational" now but I have some spare parts, lol. I'd like to know where the really belong. Kind of frustrating trying to do a quick Saturday job with no instructions or video. Seems to be a very sturdy, secure unit though. Attached picture of "spare" parts
20201010_140426.jpg

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
We would really like to see some pictures of your eztrunk installation. Most of us have only seen it for a brief moment on their marketing videos.

It's possible your spare parts are normal and not necessary for your particular JL installation. However, I have no idea, because you are the first person I've heard of to actually have this product installed that's not part of the company selling them.

When you get a moment to write one, I'm sure many people would appreciate an official review thread on the eztrunk.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I pre-ordered at the Jeep Invasion this summer in the Smokys. Just received yesterday. Email said to refer to their website for installation instructions. No luck with that. So I had to use what brain power i have left and got started on it. Had to remove a panel that came installed on it and put on a more narrow panel to clear the sub woofer. It's "operational" now but I have some spare parts, lol. I'd like to know where the really belong. Kind of frustrating trying to do a quick Saturday job with no instructions or video. Seems to be a very sturdy, secure unit though. Attached picture of "spare" parts
20201010_140426.jpg
It was in their manuals section under EZlock actually it only shows how to incorporate a lock into the trunk...?????
https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/34...5db263/downloads/EZLOCK.pdf?ver=1602266389995

Sponsored

OP
OP
Slowpoke

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Would someone please explain to me the purpose of the EZLock?

It's an optional feature of the EZ Trunk?

With the tailgate shut does one need this lock?

Is it like for preventing access by bringing down, say, the back seats of an open rig?

Note: neither putting instructions in the EZTRUNK box nor having them available at their website: unacceptable.

OP
OP
Slowpoke

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
There's a small door with a lock on the drivers side front. It's bolted shut or you can buy the lock assembly extra. Purpose is for access for small items without opening the tailgate for full view, purses, etc. The tailgate lip closes over the eztrunk. Here's a few pics. Will give a review and more pictures later. A little busy at the moment. Hope this helps.
20201010_160333.jpg

20201010_160248.jpg

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
There's a small door with a lock on the drivers side front. It's bolted shut or you can buy the lock assembly extra. Purpose is for access for small items without opening the tailgate for full view, purses, etc. The tailgate lip closes over the eztrunk. Here's a few pics. Will give a review and more pictures later. A little busy at the moment. Hope this helps.
20201010_160333.jpg

20201010_160248.jpg
Good pictures! Appreciate you sharing.

Sponsored

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 20201010_160248

Jeep Wrangler JL EZTRUNK for JL install? 20201010_160248
Ooh that looks nice. Can we see it folded up?

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
..or can we see a photograph of a crow’s eye view of, when the cargo box is upright, the space between its wall closest to the front of the vehicle and the back of a 4 door’s back seats?....

OP
OP
Slowpoke

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
This trunk is pretty nice. Sturdy, steel, looks like a Rhino liner finish. I believe the shipping weight was about 44lbs. Packed good. The lock is strong. I believe it to be a good addition for securing items. It is not waterproof. The trunk folds down flat too. Looks good in the Jeep.
Note, the lock and carpet are separate items were priced separately.
The carpet is just stuck on with velcro tabs and can removed.
When the back seat is upright there's about 14" from the top of the seat to the front of the truck. Creates another little storage space.
The size is- width of jeep x approximately 17"D x 18"L.
It came with instructions for installing the lock which is a no brainer.
The frustrating things is there were no printed instructions for the trunk install.
There were no printed instructions to unplug/disable the tailgate power lock.
Both were to be links on their website. I never did find either. Of course customer service is not available on Saturdays.
That said, my opinion is it's a good product.
Yes, I would purchase again.
I get lots if help from this forum's community and I hope this little review helps others.

20201011_075045.jpg

20201011_074943.jpg

20201011_074934.jpg

20201011_074901.jpg

20201011_074510.jpg

LadySapphy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL SportS
Still no 2 door option :( They say they had a JK 2018-2020 carpet for one, but still not selling the truck its self

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Jim @Rico1111 :

Thanks for explaining the purpose of the EZLock and for your review.

With understanding of the EZLock's purpose now "under my belt" thanks to you, attention turns now to the question of "why?"

Are you informed as to what purpose this access point provides? I'm thinking that its best use case is when the EZTrunk is in its upright position and full of (heavy) gear, and maybe the owner has placed, say, a clipboard (or other light small gear) just beyond the door the EZLock opens, and rather than opening the tailgate and rummaging around for said clipboard, they access it through the EZLocked door?????

Am I missing another important function the EZlocked door provides?
Sponsored