Sponsored

Pairing IPhone

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2009 Chevy Corvette
Finally got into a dealer (3 week wait) to see what the problem is with Uconnect not recognizing my IPhone. The phone in question is a new IPhone SE. This is the second IPhone I have tried to pair. First was an older 7. That phone worked for about a month and was no longer recognized by my Jeep. I made an appointment at the dealer, three week wait.
Pulled in to dealer this morning. Tech set in my Jeep and unsuccessfully tried to pair my IPhone SE. Then the tech said it is not compatible. Nothing he can do.
Just what is going on here. Brand new Jeep, brand new IPhone.
I have the 7” radio, any one else with this problem?
Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I dont use Uconnect because it is terrible. However with the 7" radio you can connect your iPhone to the usb port and use Apple Carplay to handle your phone's functions.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Finally got into a dealer (3 week wait) to see what the problem is with Uconnect not recognizing my IPhone. The phone in question is a new IPhone SE. This is the second IPhone I have tried to pair. First was an older 7. That phone worked for about a month and was no longer recognized by my Jeep. I made an appointment at the dealer, three week wait.
Pulled in to dealer this morning. Tech set in my Jeep and unsuccessfully tried to pair my IPhone SE. Then the tech said it is not compatible. Nothing he can do.
I’d further escalate the issue with the dealership especially if you’re still under warranty.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
My iphone 7 has worked without any issue to the 7" since day 1. Usb or wireless.

hrhnick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
USB/CarPlay is the way to go.

CarPlay is superior to UConnect. I even share my friend's subscription to have XM in my CarPlay Dashboard.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I assume the pairing problems have to do with Bluetooth. What do you do if your iphone won't connect via usb cable?

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is spotty at best. Sometime CarPlay works sometimes it doesn’t. No rhyme or reason. I have the 8”.

OP
OP
PALIDN

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assume the pairing problems have to do with Bluetooth. What do you do if your iphone won't connect via usb cable?
My phone connects via USB but does not show any phone numbers in my contacts, it’s blank. The only way I can make a call is to know the number and say it out loud. So other than one or two numbers that I know (my wife’s and my best friend) it is basically useless.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My phone connects via USB but does not show any phone numbers in my contacts, it’s blank. The only way I can make a call is to know the number and say it out loud. So other than one or two numbers that I know (my wife’s and my best friend) it is basically useless.
when connect via USB are you using a aftermarket cable? I’ve read that using an actual Apple cable fixes that issue. As for the pairing it’s a little odd. I’d have to see whata happening to better understand

OP
OP
PALIDN

PALIDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
when connect via USB are you using a aftermarket cable? I’ve read that using an actual Apple cable fixes that issue. As for the pairing it’s a little odd. I’d have to see whata happening to better understand
Using cord that came with the phone.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
There is absolutely no reason an iPhone won't pair. It is using bluetooth to pair. It is definitely on the Jeep side, unless your iPhone bluetooth is off. I rented a bunch of JL's before I finally ordered mine and I never had an issue pairing my iPhone 7 Plus.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Using cord that came with the phone.
Yes. Jeep requires a cable attached between either the old USB port or new USB-C port and the iPhone. You can plug in at least 3 iPhones and battle to see who is in control of the CarPlay

LawsonLarge

First Name
Lawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
In the modern world, your iPhone becomes a media center in your hand. It can become your primary companion in the car while you work on your laptop or peruse the web. You use your iPhone to look up information about a restaurant you've never been to before or to set reminders on your calendar. Making and sharing music has become easier than ever, but with so many options available. Also, a good invention is iCloud. I recently learned how to upload photos to iCloud, and I remained delighted to store my data somewhere.
Sponsored

Last edited: