Sponsored

MOPAR 2" Lift (initial review) - AWESOME!!!

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
Found someone selling Mopar 2” Lift near me. Mopar Product # 7707 2396 AB -001

I own a 4 door Sahara Unlimited. Is there any way I can find out if this lift is compatible with my Jeep? Do they have different specific lifts for the 4 door vs. the 2 door?
There are specific kits for 2 and 4 doors and for the different engines. If you look up the Jeep Performance Parts catalogues it’s easy to find out, but simply googling it does the trick too.

22103D1E-C955-4E8E-9C9A-666607486EAD.jpeg
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
So has Mopar finally fixed the bowing issue? I'm trying to figure out if this is worth getting for my 2 door rubi or not...

Thanks!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
So has Mopar finally fixed the bowing issue? I'm trying to figure out if this is worth getting for my 2 door rubi or not...

Thanks!
Just spend 30 bucks on Rock Krawler pads. Mopar replaced my originals and they were good for awhile, but the bow came back as the driver side pad crushed. It still never rubbed the bump stop. My understanding is that Mopar has a later part # for the spring pad that is improved. But I simply bought the Rock Krawler pads and the driver side spring is much more straight. Much better now.

Overall, if I were doing the lift again I would stick with the Mopar. The ride and shocks are outstanding. I wouldn't want it to be any different.

Bmlodzinski

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited sport
Just got a new 2019 unlimited sport. Dealer installed 2 inch Mopar lift, 35 inch tires. After a week of driving Im getting a really good pull to the left at highway speeds and vibrations through the steering wheel also at highway speeds. Upon looking at the suspension I found on the driver side, bowing, a crushed coil pad, coil touching the sway bar link I believe it’s called. When comparing it to the passenger side it looks messed up. Passenger side shows no signs of anything wrong. I will attach pictures. I took the Jeep to the dealership today and am awaiting a diagnostic.

90A71CB8-E32F-40A4-B0C1-D025BB1DFD76.jpeg

3A54D349-9FBA-42BE-AF71-F855775E0BFD.jpeg

5C5C6A3B-E9DB-4B8B-AD38-BAFB95DB6A3D.jpeg

AF1F2305-22E3-49EE-9E13-FABC616DB58B.jpeg

90398DF7-7870-4091-B4DC-199584DB888B.jpeg

FFAFD406-1819-486B-8377-7F4A74ABE442.jpeg

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a new 2019 unlimited sport. Dealer installed 2 inch Mopar lift, 35 inch tires. After a week of driving Im getting a really good pull to the left at highway speeds and vibrations through the steering wheel also at highway speeds. Upon looking at the suspension I found on the driver side, bowing, a crushed coil pad, coil touching the sway bar link I believe it’s called. When comparing it to the passenger side it looks messed up. Passenger side shows no signs of anything wrong. I will attach pictures. I took the Jeep to the dealership today and am awaiting a diagnostic.

90A71CB8-E32F-40A4-B0C1-D025BB1DFD76.jpeg

3A54D349-9FBA-42BE-AF71-F855775E0BFD.jpeg

5C5C6A3B-E9DB-4B8B-AD38-BAFB95DB6A3D.jpeg

AF1F2305-22E3-49EE-9E13-FABC616DB58B.jpeg

90398DF7-7870-4091-B4DC-199584DB888B.jpeg

FFAFD406-1819-486B-8377-7F4A74ABE442.jpeg
It'll probalby perform fine if not touching the bump stop, but I'd highly recommend the Rock Krawler spring correction pads. They are about 40 bucks and they'll set them right. I ran 36k on the Mopar lift. I had the original lift's pads replaced with what I think was a revised version and that helped a little, but as they crushed, the driver side spring came close to the bump stop again. It never rubbed or hit it and I did a lot of off-roading. But I wanted to see what the RK pads would do. They made it straighter than ever. It'll never be perfect, as some bow is normal, but they are really good now. Well worth the investment.

I can't speak to the other issues, as mine doesn't exhibit them. First think I'd check is the alignment. Do you have a stock or aftermarket steering dampener? Some Fox 2.0 dampeners cause some slight pull to the right, too. I'd also get the steering box TSB done, as pulling to one side is a symptom, as well.

Overall, I'm very happy with this lift. It rides better than any other I've felt, both on and off road.

Looking at your pics, it almost looks like the spring is bowed to where it is rubbing the sway bar end link. Is that true, or just the angle of the picture giving an illusion? That doesn't look right to me. Some installers have either installed front springs on the wrong side or failed to set them properly in the pad. Your pad is crushed more than either of mine, original or Mopar replacements were. That is certainly worth closer investigation. Mine bowed toward the tire, not toward the front.

Bmlodzinski

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 unlimited sport
It'll probalby perform fine if not touching the bump stop, but I'd highly recommend the Rock Krawler spring correction pads. They are about 40 bucks and they'll set them right. I ran 36k on the Mopar lift. I had the original lift's pads replaced with what I think was a revised version and that helped a little, but as they crushed, the driver side spring came close to the bump stop again. It never rubbed or hit it and I did a lot of off-roading. But I wanted to see what the RK pads would do. They made it straighter than ever. It'll never be perfect, as some bow is normal, but they are really good now. Well worth the investment.

I can't speak to the other issues, as mine doesn't exhibit them. First think I'd check is the alignment. Do you have a stock or aftermarket steering dampener? Some Fox 2.0 dampeners cause some slight pull to the right, too. I'd also get the steering box TSB done, as pulling to one side is a symptom, as well.

Overall, I'm very happy with this lift. It rides better than any other I've felt, both on and off road.

Looking at your pics, it almost looks like the spring is bowed to where it is rubbing the sway bar end link. Is that true, or just the angle of the picture giving an illusion? That doesn't look right to me. Some installers have either installed front springs on the wrong side or failed to set them properly in the pad. Your pad is crushed more than either of mine, original or Mopar replacements were. That is certainly worth closer investigation. Mine bowed toward the tire, not toward the front.

thanks for the insight Dan! The spring is touching the Sway bar end link. The steering dampener is stock, I am interested in upgrading to the fox one, whether the dealership does it to help with the issue or if I have to do it myself. I will keep you posted on the outcome from the dealer. Will probably get info Monday

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
thanks for the insight Dan! The spring is touching the Sway bar end link. The steering dampener is stock, I am interested in upgrading to the fox one, whether the dealership does it to help with the issue or if I have to do it myself. I will keep you posted on the outcome from the dealer. Will probably get info Monday
I've got the Fox 2.0 and love it. I think it pulls ever so slightly to the right, but it is slight enough that I might be mistaking it for the crown in the road, too. I had the steering shimmy when my stock dampener failed. The Fox killed that problem dead. I would definitely look at the spring part numbers to make sure they got them on the correct sides, then make sure they seated properly in the pads. The Rock Krawler pads are almost dummy proof for seating the springs, if they are on the correct side.

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
I second the RK pads. I never installed the OEM pads that came with the kit. A milk carton looks more rigid than that. Installed the RK pads from the get go, never had any bowing or any other issues others see.
2019 Sport JLU here too.
I did install the Jeep Performance Fox steering stabilizer as the factory one felt a little iffy even on 33s (which is what I ended up keeping). The part no is 77072360. No pulling to either side.
Also installed an RK trackbar with the lift, highly recommended.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR

Had the dealer install my Mopar 2inch lift but thinking I might like to have the RK coil spring isolators installed. How hard is it to swap the mopar ones for the Rk?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had the dealer install my Mopar 2inch lift but thinking I might like to have the RK coil spring isolators installed. How hard is it to swap the mopar ones for the Rk?
My dealer did it but I don't think it would be too hard.

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
You’ll have to pull the front end apart enough to be able the get the springs out and then the isolators. I’d say a couple hour job if you’re doing it yourself.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't seen it posted about yet, the new part numbers for the updated isolators are out. I purchased mine from moparwholesaleparts.com last week, they were ~$11.50 each. They are specific left and right now. New versions are black plastic instead of gray plastic.

68342245AC front left
68342250AC front right

Also I should post the Rock Krawler pads, they are still most likely a superior solution. I bought both to compare. I'll do a post with detailed pictures once I get both in.

I bought mine from River City Offroad, they have a discount code for the forum - JLWF. In stock and shipped out same day.

https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/product-p/rk06705k.htm
https://www.rivercityoffroad.com/product-p/rk06840.htm
which one was the superior one?

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Currently my front end is 3/4” lower than the back because of my steel front bumper and winch. I was planning to install the rough country 3/4” spacer to level me out...but would the Mopar lift still need the leveling spacer? Don’t want to install it now, just to have to take it out later if I lift.
Sponsored