TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
For those worried about the ram assist cooler and supercharger cooler occupying the same space, you can switch to an inline style cooler like the ones Howe sells. Been running one for my steering set up and an SC forever without any issues.
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For those worried about the ram assist cooler and supercharger cooler occupying the same space, you can switch to an inline style cooler like the ones Howe sells. Been running one for my steering set up and an SC forever without any issues.
Thanks for the input on this. I assume you went with the larger 3”x12” inline cooler? Where did you mount it?

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
Thanks for the input on this. I assume you went with the larger 3”x12” inline cooler? Where did you mount it?
Actually went with the smaller one. Not sure why but I havent had any boiling over on the power steering fluid. I also run the reservoir with built in filter so I have quite a bit of fluid in the system.

I mounted it vertically in the passenger side most slat off of the AC condenser

Last edited:

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Actually went with the smaller one. Not sure why but I havent had any boiling over on the power steering fluid. I also run the reservoir with built in filter so I have quite a bit of fluid in the system.

I mounted it vertically in the drivers side most slat off of the AC condenser
You should have put a sales pitch into your response! Something like, due to the design of the TOTL Innovations JL H.E.R.O hood, airflow into the engine bay is greatly increased, making it possible to run an in-line cooler setup for your hydraulic steering which allows you to additionally run a supercharger with its accompanying cooling package. ;)

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
You should have put a sales pitch into your response! Something like, due to the design of the TOTL Innovations JL H.E.R.O hood, airflow into the engine bay is greatly increased, making it possible to run an in-line cooler setup for your hydraulic steering which allows you to additionally run a supercharger with its accompanying cooling package. ;)
Nah Just an enthusiast sharing information learned over the years to hopefully help out another enthusiast...but everything you said is true :):like:

P.S.
I corrected my post in that its in the passenger side most slat, not driver. Sorry about that.

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I'm a couple weeks into having the Maggie blower installed on my 2018 JLUR six speed manual, 37" tires, and 5.13 gearing. I couldn't be happier. Not a dog anymore whatsoever on the highway, not trying to race, but I can pass and track with traffic like a boss, can push it if needed, very different beast than before. Drivability is great.

Power delivery and throttle was always a little goosey, even before the Maggie blower. I wouldn't say the blower has improved it, but nor has it made it worse. On about three occasions, the engine has been a little stallish at cold start, just like someone else mentioned. Not a full blown stop, but some stutter / sputter / stall only in low rpm...that discontinues after the first mile. That stall activity is not consistent or all that frequent.

Passing in fifth gear is no problem. Sixth gear remains overdrive. At 80mph in sixth gear, I'm about 2.8k RPM, if memory serves. The onroad hwy feeling is completely different - the power add is very noticeable in acceleration.

Also, had a chance for some trail time recently. Peters Mill Run, virginia - an easy / moderate trail, about 16 or 18 miles. Steep hills and rocks (not boulders) the whole way. Four low, and 2nd and 3rd gear almost the entire trip, but a brief period in four high and first gear - engine and power delivery were smooth as butter and predictable. I never had a point where I was like - ah, that's the SC making it act that way. I forgot I had an SC on it. It was truly excellent / effortless.

I have an AFE CAI - no problem so far having it paired with the blower. My Corsa exhaust was loud before. Now with the blower - yike. There's the growl as before, little louder, and a definitive whooshing sound. No SC whine to be heard though.

I enjoy driving it more than before. It's ability to move in traffic makes it even more of a joy to drive. I drive it more than the c63 - obviously the c63 is a ton more spirited/fast ...but I no longer feel like the jeep is a dog on road.

Final thought - I know this doesn't compare to dropping an LS or Hemi. I love big V8's, and if money were no object whatsoever, I would have gone that route. No argument with the folks who hate FI power, and compare it poorly to bigger displacement. We all get it. But for folks who have a few bills, but not a ton of bills, this is an excellent power add. This is of course assuming reliability continues and no major issues. For now, super happy.

Big shout out to Mount Zion off-road in PA. I'm in northern VA and have engaged several local shops. Super pleased with my decision to have Mount Zion do this work. They've done several Maggie installs on JL's, and JK's before that. Completely pro operation in every way - the technical work itself, communication, courtesy, follow up, etc. I've had difficulty finding that complete combination in the past. It made the 2 hour trip to Dover PA worth it.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
@Bocephus Thank you for the excellent review! I know FI power adders are not that popular in this crowd, so it is nice when someone takes the time to give a real world account of their experience.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
@Bocephus Thank you for the excellent review! I know FI power adders are not that popular in this crowd, so it is nice when someone takes the time to give a real world account of their experience.
Thanks bud my pleasure

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I'm a couple weeks into having the Maggie blower installed on my 2018 JLUR six speed manual, 37" tires, and 5.13 gearing. I couldn't be happier. Not a dog anymore whatsoever on the highway, not trying to race, but I can pass and track with traffic like a boss, can push it if needed, very different beast than before. Drivability is great.

Power delivery and throttle was always a little goosey, even before the Maggie blower. I wouldn't say the blower has improved it, but nor has it made it worse. On about three occasions, the engine has been a little stallish at cold start, just like someone else mentioned. Not a full blown stop, but some stutter / sputter / stall only in low rpm...that discontinues after the first mile. That stall activity is not consistent or all that frequent.

Passing in fifth gear is no problem. Sixth gear remains overdrive. At 80mph in sixth gear, I'm about 2.8k RPM, if memory serves. The onroad hwy feeling is completely different - the power add is very noticeable in acceleration.

Also, had a chance for some trail time recently. Peters Mill Run, virginia - an easy / moderate trail, about 16 or 18 miles. Steep hills and rocks (not boulders) the whole way. Four low, and 2nd and 3rd gear almost the entire trip, but a brief period in four high and first gear - engine and power delivery were smooth as butter and predictable. I never had a point where I was like - ah, that's the SC making it act that way. I forgot I had an SC on it. It was truly excellent / effortless.

I have an AFE CAI - no problem so far having it paired with the blower. My Corsa exhaust was loud before. Now with the blower - yike. There's the growl as before, little louder, and a definitive whooshing sound. No SC whine to be heard though.

I enjoy driving it more than before. It's ability to move in traffic makes it even more of a joy to drive. I drive it more than the c63 - obviously the c63 is a ton more spirited/fast ...but I no longer feel like the jeep is a dog on road.

Final thought - I know this doesn't compare to dropping an LS or Hemi. I love big V8's, and if money were no object whatsoever, I would have gone that route. No argument with the folks who hate FI power, and compare it poorly to bigger displacement. We all get it. But for folks who have a few bills, but not a ton of bills, this is an excellent power add. This is of course assuming reliability continues and no major issues. For now, super happy.

Big shout out to Mount Zion off-road in PA. I'm in northern VA and have engaged several local shops. Super pleased with my decision to have Mount Zion do this work. They've done several Maggie installs on JL's, and JK's before that. Completely pro operation in every way - the technical work itself, communication, courtesy, follow up, etc. I've had difficulty finding that complete combination in the past. It made the 2 hour trip to Dover PA worth it.
Nice writeup my friend! Enjoy it and come back in several months with more impressions if anything changes!

ART-DOC

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU, 2017 Volvo XC90 T6
I've had the Magnuson super charger for a few months now. Tested horsepower on the Dyno which came out to 330. That is far from what they advertise.

Definetly more spunky, but still quite slow for what you have to pay to get this in your Jeep. I unfortunately have regrets.

I have a 2018 jlu 3.6 manual. The absolute most frustrating part of all of it is that I am constantly getting a check engine light that randomly comes on. Battery modulator codes, radio codes. The shop clears the check engine light and sooner or later it will come back on.

Are others having this same issue?

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
I've had the Magnuson super charger for a few months now. Tested horsepower on the Dyno which came out to 330. That is far from what they advertise.

Definetly more spunky, but still quite slow for what you have to pay to get this in your Jeep. I unfortunately have regrets.

I have a 2018 jlu 3.6 manual. The absolute most frustrating part of all of it is that I am constantly getting a check engine light that randomly comes on. Battery modulator codes, radio codes. The shop clears the check engine light and sooner or later it will come back on.

I’m not getting any of that, here at about 3 weeks in and daily driving. Did you get those issues and codes immediately, or are they more recent and after having put on more miles?

ART-DOC

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU, 2017 Volvo XC90 T6
I’m not getting any of that, here at about 3 weeks in and daily driving. Did you get those issues and codes immediately, or are they more recent and after having put on more miles?
Immediately the Auto Start/Stop Light came on, and the backup camera does not automatically come on when I put it in reverse.

About 2 weeks later the check engine light came on due to battery mod. codes. Cleared them, came on again, cleared them and had the guys tighten battery terminals. Engine light came on again and it was radio codes. Also lost my satellite subscription immediately.

Not sure when it happened, but my reverse lights also don't come on. Checked fuses and they are working. Went about a week and half without the engine light and bam, back on. I'm sure the shop is hating me by now. If i took it to a dealer, im sure they would tell me to go take a hike.

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Immediately the Auto Start/Stop Light came on, and the backup camera does not automatically come on when I put it in reverse.

About 2 weeks later the check engine light came on due to battery mod. codes. Cleared them, came on again, cleared them and had the guys tighten battery terminals. Engine light came on again and it was radio codes. Also lost my satellite subscription immediately.

Not sure when it happened, but my reverse lights also don't come on. Checked fuses and they are working. Went about a week and half without the engine light and bam, back on. I'm sure the shop is hating me by now. If i took it to a dealer, im sure they would tell me to go take a hike.
Oof. That sucks. I have the start / stop issue, but it’s always been that way. Dealer attempted to fix once, but told me that my CAI / exhaust was a contributing issue. So I’ve just lived with that stupid thing, not really a problem. When it does work, I quickly disable it anyway.

I agree on the dealer reaction - not even worth attempting to have it looked at under warranty.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

That's interesting feedback. There is a lot that can effect dyno results such as tire size, elevation, ambient temperature, the dyno itself, etc.

I certainly wouldn't expect us Denver folk to achieve the same power as the tests Magnuson does at near sea level with stock size tires. I would however expect the delta between stock and with supercharger to still be significant.

Did you do a dyno run before the supercharger was added?

Magnuson has a 'high altitude' pulley for the JK that I'm hoping they release for the JL as well. Its supposed to make up for some of that boost lost due to elevation.

Your other issues sound very frustrating! They sound like they shouldn't be related but with all the electronics in these Jeeps who knows how they tied all the systems in.

I'm thinking about buying this supercharger but am a little apprehensive
Sponsored