Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
giphy.gif

I went outside the other day and found out that my daughter's best friend had ducked me when she came over to visit. She even took the time to try to find one in a military uniform to honor my service. Was it a random stranger, no, but it was still cool none the less.

Look in the last month, I have found out another friend has stage 4 cancer, just lost another friend to stage 4 liver cancer, had a great aunt pass away, and my youngest was in a car accident. The damn duck put a much-needed smile on my face.

PXL_20201005_191144731.jpg
I like that duck. It would go well with my air force service
Sponsored

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I found this because someone put a batman duck on my Jeep. He's super cute and he sits on my dash now. I don't understand all of you who are somehow thinking that these ducks are violations of your precious ego/etc... It's not like their touching your crotch dude. Chill. In fact, I don't think my Jeep was actually touched or licked or caressed or whatever by another human when they placed the batman duck on my hood. I prefer to think they put the duck on my jeep, smiled and walked away. It's not like they put a banana in my tailpipe. In turn, I bought 2 Halloween zombie ducks and I plan to put them on jeeps I think are cool. Sorry in advance if you feel violated. The zombie ducks are olive drab with an eyeball hanging from one side. They are adorable.

(Touching your winch, however ... that's just f-ked up)
Terry

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
To all the people who have posted negatively about getting ducked. I challenge you to post a picture of your Jeep getting down and dirty on the trail. If you are worried about a rubber duck on your Jeep, there is no fucking way you are actually using your Jeep.

As I read these ten pages of comments, all I could think about is some of these mother fuckers are zero fun around a camp fire and must have ordered an angry grill as their first mod.

So if you posted some negative shit about the awful ducks, post up your most rad offroad picture. I will wait. Can't wait to see them. I am going to be positive that the pics will be awesome.

Note, I have been ducked. I thought to myself, someone ordered a duck, decorated said duck and tagged said duck, and then placed it on my Jeep. They spent time, energy and money to potentially make someone that they do not know happy. I smiled as that is. This kind of person we need in society. They gave and wanted nothing in return, other than a smile.
Dude, this is the best post I've ever read. Well said, sir.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
..... In fact, I don't think my Jeep was actually touched or licked or caressed or whatever by another human when they placed the batman duck on my hood. I prefer to think they put the duck on my jeep, smiled and walked away....
Good point. I know my wife smiled when she ducked the Jeep next to me. I never really thought about it, but you're getting two smiles for the price of one. The ducker smiles when they do it, and the duckee smiles when the receive it. That's two more happy people in the world. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think it's nice.

Sponsored

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
OK so I think is a harmless way to show that someone who loves jeeps recognizes you for your rig. If you don't want someone else to give you a friendly, Harmless duck on your jeep or maybe your jealous cause no one is Ducking you, then just Duck Yourself.

Last edited:

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I like that duck. It would go well with my air force service
he is definitely an Air Force duck, but this Navy guy will travel with him on my next adventure. :rock:

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Good point. I know my wife smiled when she ducked the Jeep next to me. I never really thought about it, but you're getting two smiles for the price of one. The ducker smiles when they do it, and the duckee smiles when the receive it. That's two more happy people in the world. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think it's nice.

If you have the book of faces - this video of a T-Rex ducking 2 jeeps is hilarious.

Sponsored

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Note, I have been ducked. I thought to myself, someone ordered a duck, decorated said duck and tagged said duck, and then placed it on my Jeep. They spent time, energy and money to potentially make someone that they do not know happy. I smiled as that is. This kind of person we need in society. They gave and wanted nothing in return, other than a smile.
I dont really have a duck in this fight, but given that this phenomenon is partially driven by social media which is about selling attention, some are in fact getting something in return. #socialdillema

If people get a smile out of this then great - we certainly need more of those to go around. I'm happy to strike up a conversation with another Jeep owner but so far no duck has been required. And anyway, why a duck?

And for the record I’m actually hilarious around the campfire and know how to cook. Mom always said I'm special.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Last edited:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I dont really have a duck in this fight, but given that this phenomenon is partially driven by social media which is about selling attention, some are in fact getting something in return. #socialdillema

If people get a smile out of this then great - we certainly need more of those to go around. I'm happy to strike up a conversation with another Jeep owner but so far no duck has been required. And anyway, why a duck?

And for the record I’m actually hilarious around the campfire and know how to cook. Mom always said I'm special.

Well as far as I can tell it is not about attention. The person that places the duck try to be anonymous. It is just for the smile.

My best guess.......
The reason for the duck is it is a cheap easy to obtain and recognizable as a symbol that someone liked your Jeep. Therefore when you see a duck, it is no longer random and should easy the mind of a crazy person that nobody is trying to kill them or destroy their Jeep. It is just a non threatening rubber duck (literally a baby toy) that should not raise alarm in a semi rational adult nor should it cause alarm. Some people on this thread act like a person cleared a round from the chamber and put it on their Jeep with no message. The ducks come with a short message. At least mine did.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep Ducking (Duck Duck Jeep) 1602242381984

I could be wrong. Maybe some of these negative people got a different message on the duck they received. Maybe I should get some ducks and put a message on the ducks that I hand out that read, I hope you are not having death wobble, I hope that the sensor in your JL Dana 44 does not go bad, I hope your steering box is replaced under warranty, is the paint bubbling around your door hinges? I hope you don't get stuck, or get pinstriping on the trail. and as a friendly reminder, It doesn't matter what lift you get. Home Depot parking lots are paved. If you have received this duck, post a picture on.

Fuck these ducks, they ruined my life.

Mojito Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JLU Sport S 2015 Transit 250
Occupation
HVAC Field Supervisor
I got ducked yesterday! My daughter and I came out after eating dinner and, there sitting on the side step, was a little rubber mallard duck that simply read “Nice Jeep!” My 7 year old daughter thought it was the funniest thing. The whole way home, she kept saying, “We got ducked!” We laughed and joked about it on the way home and it made me think; a little rubber duck, placed by somebody we will probably never meet, gave myself and my daughter another great memory in the Jeep that we will share forever. On a side note, I had met my wife there and parked directly behind her. She has a bikini pearl sport, mines a mojito. I got ducked and she didn’t....
Sponsored