ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I’m new to Jeep 21 Rubicon. Silly question but the is there a front lock panel to the squad box ? If top and doors are off can’t someone just open swing gate to gain entry to squad box and items inside?
No, the tailgate locks. The door lock switches become disabled after a few minutes when you lock the doors so the only way to Open the tailgate is to use the fob or the hard key.
and if the doors are off you can lock the tailgate with the fog or key if you don’t have power locks.

sampjr

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
No, the tailgate locks. The door lock switches become disabled after a few minutes when you lock the doors so the only way to Open the tailgate is to use the fob or the hard key.
and if the doors are off you can lock the tailgate with the fog or key if you don’t have power locks.
ok thank you

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Ok so I’m new to Jeep 21 Rubicon. Silly question but the is there a front lock panel to the squad box ? If top and doors are off can’t someone just open swing gate to gain entry to squad box and items inside?
Others will know if this statement is true or not:

I believe that if you have your passenger doors off, you can still alarm the Jeep and in doing so, the tailgate is locked and alarmed.

I checked the owners manual and didn’t see the answer but I do seem to recall reading this somewhere. Others will know for sure.

suicideTone

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Others will know if this statement is true or not:

I believe that if you have your passenger doors off, you can still alarm the Jeep and in doing so, the tailgate is locked and alarmed.

I checked the owners manual and didn’t see the answer but I do seem to recall reading this somewhere. Others will know for sure.
When my doors are off, I set the alarm to lock the tailgate. I never unarm it. Just jump in and go. After driving and stopping, the tailgate is still locked so no need to keep rearming. Works great with the slipstream.

Sponsored

TylerU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
With your top and doors off you can use the key fob to lock the back gate securing everything.

2020 White Widow

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Soooooooo......... when are you going to start selling these?
I spoke to a few potential customers interested in purchasing. However due to the weight/shipping cost and the cost of material alone it wasn’t feasible. Just the cost of materials from a local store (Industrial Metal Supply) is close to $300

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
I spoke to a few potential customers interested in purchasing. However due to the weight/shipping cost and the cost of material alone it wasn’t feasible. Just the cost of materials from a local store (Industrial Metal Supply) is close to $300

YOU COULD SELL PLANS?

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech

Sponsored

2020 White Widow

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
is that the hole that's there when you pulled the tub or did you cut it to open it up?
So if you look really close at the top 2 corners, all I did was square it off. Literally an inch. So that the square steel safe slides straight down. The black sealant line is the outline of the tub. So about 2 min. And a cut off wheel. I have since lined the safe with kill mat and the lined it with 1” thick neoprene foam. It holds temperature like a Yeti. I’ll send pics as soon as I get back from vacation

zscooby

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU white Rubicon, 2019 BMW R1250GSA 2019 Honda Talon 1000x
Wow that came out awesome
Sponsored