MetalCloak 2.5" True Dual vs Dynatrac Enduro 2"

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
Pretty much between these two lift for my JL Sport with 315/70/R17.
  • The MC Lift would be done with RockSport Shocks. I would add no other components to this lift or steering. +/- $1700
    • Pros
      • MC is a much more complete kit including QD front Sway Links, rear sway links, front and rear TB, and front UCA.
      • Fully upgradeable to Game Changer system adding additional parts
    • Cons
      • will need to change out front drive shaft at some-point and know I am on borrowed time ($500)
  • Dynatrac Enduro. I would most definitely add an aftermarket front track bar ($250ish) and front LCA's ($60 Non-Adjustable, or +/-$300 Adjustable)
Think these would come to be more or less same cost.

I live in Florida so my rock crawling is limited and my wheeling will mostly be trail riding.
This is my DD with 80% HWY.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Pretty much between these two lift for my JL Sport with 315/70/R17.
  • The MC Lift would be done with RockSport Shocks. I would add no other components to this lift or steering. +/- $1700
    • Pros
      • MC is a much more complete kit including QD front Sway Links, rear sway links, front and rear TB, and front UCA.
      • Fully upgradeable to Game Changer system adding additional parts
    • Cons
      • will need to change out front drive shaft at some-point and know I am on borrowed time ($500)
  • Dynatrac Enduro. I would most definitely add an aftermarket front track bar ($250ish) and front LCA's ($60 Non-Adjustable, or +/-$300 Adjustable)
Think these would come to be more or less same cost.

I live in Florida so my rock crawling is limited and my wheeling will mostly be trail riding.
This is my DD with 80% HWY.
metalcloak is the winner in my book. As you’re seeing, you don’t have piece meal it together and it all works seamlessly together. If you’re not wheeling it, you have some time on the driveshaft but I tell everyone it’s cheap insurance (Still expensive)

brett

OP
OP

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks Brett- appreciate the feedback and MC was my go-to, but seeing so much good press / reviews from members it is hard to ignore dynatrac and just want to make sure I am being narrow minded.

The MC and Dynatrac reviews are very impressive.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, not an answer to your question, but why do you need a new front driveshaft with Metal Cloak if it’s only 1/2 inch more lift? I do have the Dynatrac lift, but nothing but stock to compare. I changed nothing else , just the Dynatrac kit. Tracks perfectly but my axel is off to one side maybe 1/2 inch. I have not bothered to change that.

Luckysin13

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport
thanks Brett- appreciate the feedback and MC was my go-to, but seeing so much good press / reviews from members it is hard to ignore dynatrac and just want to make sure I am being narrow minded.

The MC and Dynatrac reviews are very impressive.
Just wanted to chime in as I started with the Dynatrac 2" lift. Intially I was thrilled and it comes with an awesome durable bag. For whatever reason it always felt like the Jeep was "bucking" from front to back and never really seem to settle right. I have since switched to RK 2.5 Springs with the correcting pads and wouldn't go back. The build quality was great but added some weight (bumpers, winch, etc..) and moved to the RK Triple Rate Springs. Have to admit I recently added MC full control arms and seriously considering moving to their 3.5" lift. Hope this helps

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Sorry, not an answer to your question, but why do you need a new front driveshaft with Metal Cloak if it’s only 1/2 inch more lift? I do have the Dynatrac lift, but nothing but stock to compare. I changed nothing else , just the Dynatrac kit. Tracks perfectly but my axel is off to one side maybe 1/2 inch. I have not bothered to change that.
Front driveshaft is to eliminate a contact point between the driveshaft and a crossmember at full droop on the front driver's side. Most replacement shafts are thinner diameter than the fat factory one so don't make contact.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The have Dynatrac lift on the same sized tires as you do but on a Rubicon Unlimited. I like it. A lot. I’ve had no issues with it at all. However...

I will be changing it out for the MC 2.5” Game Changer in the near future. Why? Several reasons.

- Slightly more lift. I’ve added more stuff (= more weight) since I first got my Jeep. Every inch counts.

- Much more complete. All 8 adjustable control arms. Adjustable front and rear track bars. Front and rear sway bar end links.

- More flex. The control arm bushings used and long travel shocks in the lift mean more wheel travel = more traction over obstacles.

- Top quality. Metalcloak has a sterling reputation of quality for some time among people more experienced than I am with Jeep suspension that I trust.

There is NOTHING wrong with the Dynatrac lift. It is top quality equipment and has given me no issues at all during installation or use in a year and a half and over 20K miles. It has excellent road manners and is capable off-road. I still like it. But I want to move on to something more complete that’ll help me to take on more off-road.

OP
OP

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks @Chocolate Thunder ! Great write-up. Unfortunately the full gamechanger lift is too steep ($$$) for me at this time as I am wheels and tires at the same time. The True Dual is the same as GC except it only has the Front UC while GC has all CA's.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
thanks @Chocolate Thunder ! Great write-up. Unfortunately the full gamechanger lift is too steep ($$$) for me at this time as I am wheels and tires at the same time. The True Dual is the same as GC except it only has the Front UC while GC has all CA's.
Yep. Nothing wrong with getting that one then upgrading the rest if and when you need to. Same parts, just fewer of them. As you stated, the True Dual is closer to an apples to apples comparison to the Dynatrac kit.

My circumstances are a bit different, as it won’t be as big a financial hit because I’ve got a lift coming off that I’ll sell to offset some of the cost.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Dynatrac is a great lift, but you'd be better off with the Metalcloak 2.5" True Dual. It comes with the minimum necessities, can be completed in time, and you'll have a full setup from the same company so everything will play well with each other.

I originally had the Endurosport, and completed it with Synergy parts. It drove great, but would sag enough to start blinding oncoming traffic with just a couple weeks of groceries in the cargo area or a couple of adults in the back seat. I mainly switched to the MC for more height and larger tires. Being able to add weight without the sag is another benefit.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks @Headbarcode - that is not something i had take into consideration, or known about. That is a big factor for me. Thank you.

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
This might not be the same for the JLU, but on my old JKU I had the MC True Dual kit and it lifted my Jeep closer to 3.5" My old JKU had metal bumper, winch, skids and never settled back down.

This time around on the JLU I do not want to go that big. Not to throw a wrench into your plans but have you also looked at Rancho lift kit? Better springs that do not sag like Dynatrac will do with added weight.

Ken~

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I’ve seen a couple of folks posting on the forum about Dynatrac springs sagging. I’ve had it over 20K miles with no sagging. Metal bumpers, winch, heavy gear in the back, heavy 35” spare.

I like the spring/shock combo, they’re compliant and comfortable on the road without being too soft or floaty.

rawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
You will get much more than 2.5". I installed the 2.5 True Dual Rate on my JLU Sahara and measured 4.5 up front, 4" in back. The 2.5" label is for a Rubi.
As to the lift, I love it. Great quality, really good ride. I have about 5K miles on it now and 0 complaints.

Jeep Wrangler JL MetalCloak 2.5" True Dual vs Dynatrac Enduro 2" 20200808_125104

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
I liked the MC lift on my old JKU it was just too big for what I wanted/needed. Just wanted to make sure the OP knows that the lift will be higher than the 2.5" advertised. It made my 35's at the time small and forced me to jump up in size. Not a bad thing if that is what you want.

At the end of it all the lift was too much for me and I regretted it. This time around 2" with 35's is all I need for the JLU Recon.

Ken~
Sponsored