Sponsored

nlgrav182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I wonder how the power sliding top will be attached to the JL. They say not removable, I say they didn't try hard enough.
Sponsored

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Only glimpse of hope for the power soft top. I'm hoping there's no mention of the power SOFT top, is because it's not scheduled for production until May next year.

topmanu.jpg
My XJ had an open trunk lid icon. ;)

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
- Safety: JL has beefier roll cage, but only the knee airbags are new.
I read mention of "Knee Impact Bolster", but not of knee air bags?

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
I wonder how the power sliding top will be attached to the JL. They say not removable, I say they didn't try hard enough.
I am surprised people thought that it might be fully removable. that thought never crossed my mind. Of all the other convertibles out there, are there any other ones that are motorized that are completely removable? And that is not being asked sarcastically, I am truly wondering. I had a couple convertibles in my life, a mustang and a Camaro, and I was never able to disconnect those and take them off completely that I am aware of.

Sponsored

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3, 2013 Toyota Corolla, 1999 Lexus GS300
No mention of HD Radio? C'mon. Gotta have my dedicated retro stations.

nlgrav182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
I am surprised people thought that it might be fully removable. that thought never crossed my mind. Of all the other convertibles out there, are there any other ones that are motorized that are completely removable? And that is not being asked sarcastically, I am truly wondering. I had a couple convertibles in my life, a mustang and a Camaro, and I was never able to disconnect those and take them off completely that I am aware of.
I'm expecting it to be a full length panel with the premium soft top canvas collapsing and expanding to open up the top. My questions are how it will physically mount...

Will it be tied into the windshield frame or just bolted in where the tops latch?
How will it be fixed to the roll bar?
Will it extend over the cargo area unsupported, or will it create a D-pillar?
What kind of rear window will it have?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
What about a sunglass cubby? WTF?!?! This is egregious! :swear::facepalm:

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Really bummed about the lack of rear side curtain air bags, was really hoping the JL would have them so I would feel better about driving with my two sons in the back. I guess I'll wait for the safety ratings to come out to make my decision. I really want a JL but the safety of my kids trumps that want. That said, love everything else about the JL from reading the manual.
I have 2 kids too and I want it to be safe like you. Looks like these may be available as an optional upgrade per the current Jeep website. Keeping my fingers crossed.

10-16-2017 1-09-20 PM.jpg

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Renegade does not use the same system, it can’t it’s FWD. We don’t know what SelecTrac is, but it’s not ActiveDrive in the Renegade, but also not an NV242 if it’s detecting things vs the clutch pack working. Likely a VC or electromechanical system, but unknown what it is, some are better than others.

This being a RWD vehicle with manually selectable full-time 4WD yet still having a part-time 4Hi and 4Lo option makes it different than other Jeep systems currently out there.

https://www.jeep.ca/en/4x4basics/systemwork

Likely not equal. More details will be required and the IIHS/NHTSA results will speak volumes, but likely not equal, though possible closer than expected.

Higher price point from what? We don’t know the auto premium yet, and if you mean higher price point for the JL in general, don’t ascribe it to the transmission.

Both function on 87 Octane fuel, 91 if prefered for the Turbo to get maximum performance, just like so many other engine out here. Pentastar specs are the same on the surface, but power delivery is better and efficiency should be better too.

Like so many other things, that was WRONG.
Backup cam is only on export JKs since 2015, no stock JK gets a backup camera in N.Am.
In the U.S., all vehicles under 10,000 pounds, sold on or after 5/1/2018 must have a backup camera. https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/new-backup-camera-rule-cameras-will-be-mandatory-by-2018-223739

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
What about a sunglass cubby? WTF?!?! This is egregious! :swear::facepalm:
Now there’s a Rant I can get behind, from a man whose obviously done his homework before ranting. :like:

The number of shades I have that have either flown outta that dashtop depression and scratched the lenses.... Jeep owes me some new Orkleys or RayBars for their lack of engineering acumen !!

I expect a $5 discount on my next FCA purchase as compensation ! :captain:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
In the U.S., all vehicles under 10,000 pounds, sold on or after 5/1/2018 must have a backup camera. https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/new-backup-camera-rule-cameras-will-be-mandatory-by-2018-223739
What’s your point in posting that?

First, it’s made not sold after May 1st 2018 , yet there will be no JK made after that, so there wil be NO N.Am. JKs with stock backup cameras, just the new JLs.

In fact not only has this been discussed many times before here and eslewhere that you could’ve searched this in depth, FCA already addressed it in their September press launches.

Again, no stock Backup Camera for JKs except exports which have had them for years, backup camera will be standard on all JLs.

This isn’t new and has been discussed extensively before.. as any quick search would reaveal.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Now there’s a Rant I can get behind, from a man whose obviously done his homework before ranting. :like:

The number of shades I have that have either flown outta that dashtop depression and scratched the lenses.... Jeep owes me some new Orkleys or RayBars for their lack of engineering acumen !!

I expect a $5 discount on my next FCA purchase as compensation ! :captain:
My Costas stay pretty much permanently on my ball cap or on my face.
Sponsored