TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I was using an Anker cable and that was giving me the issue. As far as resetting the radio try pulling fuse 97.
Maybe the cable is my problem then, I pull the fuse later today when I get a chance and see how that works.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
Do iPhones have to be plugged in for Carplay to work? I can't seem to get it working via Bluetooth.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Do iPhones have to be plugged in for Carplay to work? I can't seem to get it working via Bluetooth.
Yes, bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth to support carplay. Wireless carplay isn't available in the current release of uconnect. It will be in the next version. There are adapter devices available that you plug into your usb and your phone connects to them wirelessly (wifi) for carplay, but most of them are a little flaky.

OP
OP
TBULL52

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the cable is my problem then, I pull the fuse later today when I get a chance and see how that works.
So I got the new MOS cable, it is a mighty fine cable but it did not fix the problem. That is the bad news, the good news is that I decided to go through the phone setting screen and I noticed that the "mirror you phone" selection was unselected. Not sure how that happened but I selected it and now all is good. I feel like a moron for not checking there first but it is a setting that I have not been to since the initial setup of my phone. Somehow the setting changed but now it is fixed and I have one more awesome cable

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
So I got the new MOS cable, it is a mighty fine cable but it did not fix the problem. That is the bad news, the good news is that I decided to go through the phone setting screen and I noticed that the "mirror you phone" selection was unselected. Not sure how that happened but I selected it and now all is good. I feel like a moron for not checking there first but it is a setting that I have not been to since the initial setup of my phone. Somehow the setting changed but now it is fixed and I have one more awesome cable
Well it kind of did fix it since after you got it it made you look at the phone settings....
Sponsored