Sponsored

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
The 4xe is very intriguing to me. I have a couple of questions. Not ever have owned a hybrid vehicle, what would the manufacturers warranty be on a vehicle like the 4xe? Second, I live in a rural area in northern Michigan and work at home. The brewery, bank, post office, gas station, and store are within 5 miles of my home and there are 1000's of acres with off-road trails right behind my house. If owning a 4xe, I could see myself never needing to use the ICE. My concern would be having the gas in the tank going unused for a long period of time and ultimately going bad. Is this a valid concern?
Sponsored

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The 4xe is very intriguing to me. I have a couple of questions. Not ever have owned a hybrid vehicle, what would the manufacturers warranty be on a vehicle like the 4xe? Second, I live in a rural area in northern Michigan and work at home. The brewery, bank, post office, gas station, and store are within 5 miles of my home and there are 1000's of acres with off-road trails right behind my house. If owning a 4xe, I could see myself never needing to use the ICE. My concern would be having the gas in the tank going unused for a long period of time and ultimately going bad. Is this a valid concern?
There's a lot of info in this thread Jeep Wrangler 4xe Hybrid Revealed With 50 MPG-E, 375 Horsepower/470 LB-FT Torque!

Specifically:

FWIW, the [Pacifica Hybrid] battery does have a 10 year/ 100k mile (or 150k mi depending on your state) warranty.
Fun fact from our Pacfica Hybrid: You must use gasoline - or the car will force you to use it. What?!? During COVID, our driving habits allowed us to exclusively use the electric range for several weeks we used no gas. Then, up pops a message that says something like "Oil and Fuel Refresh mode." This forces the ICE to run all the time in order to cycle your engine oil and prevent your fuel from going stale. The message goes away when it detects that you've added fuel (some sources say that you must get the low fuel light first - I haven't tested it).
Of course, there's no guarantee that FCA won't change things from the Pacifica implementation.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I really doubt it. I suspect you will need to run the gas engine if you want to use the heater...something I suspect is important in your part of the word. Take it from a Tesla owner, batteries lose a lot of efficiency in cold weather... one other thing...the 2.0 l is a direct injection turbo...they like to be run hard from time to time. Puttering around will not be a good match to that engine....

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really doubt it. I suspect you will need to run the gas engine if you want to use the heater...something I suspect is important in your part of the word. Take it from a Tesla owner, batteries lose a lot of efficiency in cold weather... one other thing...the 2.0 l is a direct injection turbo...they like to be run hard from time to time. Puttering around will not be a good match to that engine....
Excellent point! I hadn't even considered that the heat would come from the gas engine.

Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Good guess, but that's not it. The deal was announced on March 10, 1987, and completed on August 6, 1987. Can't figure out what would've happened on May 25. With Jeep's love of putting Easter Eggs on the Wrangler, I have to believe it means something.

Then again, it could just be something random. Like the birthdate of one of the kids of an engineer or someone working in the ad department.
I thought it might be a patent number associated with the vehicle - it's not. Now I'm really curious.
Sponsored