Sponsored

38” Tires fit and they are awesom!!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
You say you have a Rubicon but you have the 24R package. I thought that was a Sport option not a Rubicon?
Not sure why you're interested. My window sticker says it's an optional equipment package on my Rubicon...
JL window sticker.jpeg
Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Yeah I've never noticed that. When I bought my JK Sport the 24R package was for power windows, locks, leather wrap wheel and deep tint glass. Never noticed that on my Rubicon.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah I've never noticed that. When I bought my JK Sport the 24R package was for power windows, locks, leather wrap wheel and deep tint glass. Never noticed that on my Rubicon.
I guess you also never noticed quick order 24S is a Sport package and 24R is only a Rubicon package. There was/is no Sport 24R package for JK’s/JL’s.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I guess you also never noticed quick order 24S is a Sport package and 24R is only a Rubicon package. There was/is no Sport 24R package for JK’s/JL’s.
Yeah that's it. Looks like you bought the strippy Rubicon.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah that's it. Looks like you bought the strippy Rubicon.
Mine is just for off roading and is not a DD’r. Less is better for my use, wish FCA offered a dedicated off roader.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
Yeah the Game Changer is a beast of a lift and you can't go wrong with that. I will say I had the RC lift with 38s while waiting for complete systems to come out and it did well. If you go way back to the beginning of the Litebrite channel you'll see them run that RC lift with 35s, 37s and 38s. Kevin really put it through the shit and it did pretty well. Good luck with your build. As far as tires I wish I would have bought a few sets of the Mile Stars last year when I was paying $178 for 38s.
Wow $178. Wish i could get that. It's gonna be more like $400 for the tires I chose. Mile star for the 20" unfortunately only have 38x15.5. That's a bit too wide for me lol.

Dan_Adventures

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Wrangler, Sport S Sport
38s
NO LIFT.
Jeep Wrangler JL 38” Tires fit and they are awesom!! JL window sticker
Hey I’m going to be running the same set up! Except I have a lift.

Question, did you put wheel spacers on? I know you got 4.5 backspacing and without the fenders it mentally messing with me.

K.O.M

First Name
KING OFTHE MALL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K.O.M
Vehicle Showcase

Question, did you put wheel spacers on? I know you got 4.5 backspacing and without the fenders it mentally messing with me.
Hey
No Wheel Spacers

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

If you're looking for a visual, here's mine. 3.5" Metalcloak Gamechanger on 17x9 wheels with 4.53" backspace and -12mm offset wrapped in 38x13.50 Milestar Pat's.
Jeep Wrangler JL 38” Tires fit and they are awesom!! 20200815_110458
Jeep Wrangler JL 38” Tires fit and they are awesom!! 20200813_083406_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL 38” Tires fit and they are awesom!! 20200831_111107
Jeep Wrangler JL 38” Tires fit and they are awesom!! 20200831_111415
Jeep Wrangler JL 38” Tires fit and they are awesom!! 20200831_104158

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Wow $178. Wish i could get that. It's gonna be more like $400 for the tires I chose. Mile star for the 20" unfortunately only have 38x15.5. That's a bit too wide for me lol.
I will never buy Milestar tires at the current pricing. You can buy good tires for that kind of money and Milestar are trash.

Sponsored

RusM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Holy cow!!
Nice job on the parts. They are tried and True. You will love it all. The tires have been fantastic. Just rotate them regularly. 3” bump stop front and rear seems to do the trick with minimal rubbing. Pm me is you need anything else!
Hey how are the Nittos? Have you had them in rain and snow/ice yet?

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I guess the what I really like to know is if anyone would run these on stock JL wheels and is it safe?

So the tire manufacturers list what wheel sizes are “safe” for each of their specific tires on their websites. But some people have been “successful” with using wheels that were considered too skinny by the tire manufacturers.
Basically you have a choice to do what the manufacturer recommends or not. Up to you…….
Sponsored