Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Saw this on Amazon and it seems to be the less intrusive way to fix the rain gutter issue. I just purchased mine and will give you some feedback once it arrives. And don't forget to buy the glue. https://www.amazon.com/BulbForst-Gutter-Extension-Water-Wrangler/dp/B08FCNN3X5/ref=sr_1_26?crid=3KEEUYG0T7MWW&dchild=1&keywords=jeep+wrangler+jl+accessories&qid=1601732145&sprefix=jeep+wrangler,aps,1343&sr=8-26
Thanks for the heads up Sal: both on the product and need to buy glue separately.

Out of respect for you, please consider the following a product critique, not a "Sal" critique. I agree that for $20 it's worth a try, plus you've been gracious enough to volunteer to be our "guinea pig."

....so let's say you install this product, which BTW most complaints about it on Amazon concerned the lack of instructions or glue, which I don't personally consider "dealbreakers"...

..although it wasn't like I saw "...although works great when [finally]installed" comments either.

These two thoughts notwithstanding, doesn't the water now drip, rather than over the top of the door, just from another place on the front of the door?

I guess we'll see.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gutter Fix gutter

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Thanks to the OP for the heads up, ordered ! I noticed there were quite a few alternatives on amazon, which I was surprised by.., there was one that wraps the header and disperses the water to windshield area. Seemed more obtrusive than it needed To be so purchased the same as you. As long as the water does not flow right to the seat , i’ll be happy! Cheap alternative to a stupid design!

Sponsored

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Yep OEM def is an irritant and a poor design. We initially tried 3M removable tape then ended up with higher than the tapered end using permanent molded putty to cap off. Pretty much stops the stream of water coming in when opening the door and splashing on the dash etc. A couple of random drips still do fall - so is not perfect.

Freedom tops can be removed without the fix moving or the need to be adjusted or concerns of falling off. Overall does the job and does not look sloppy.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I would love to put this on but I got a body colored hard top (Ocean Blue).

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
I would love to put this on but I got a body colored hard top (Ocean Blue).
I am ordering a second set if I like them to do just that. I also have the ocean blue hardtop and when I first purchased, bought the spray cans from mopar so I'll try and match them to the top (they are small enough that I don't think it will matter). I am going to try and fasten them to the actual freedom top rail's . So each set is specific to top.

Steven Yates

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon
Just put on a set of egr matte black ventvisors on a 2020 rubicon and no more water coming inside it runs off the visors not the best fix but I planned on installing them anyway
Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gutter Fix 86F3D34E-2927-4E2E-8A4F-09E89B8275BB

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Have em! those are great when driving and cracking the window to let air out or in without letting water in. It's when you or your spouse opens the door and you get water running on your lap from the rail's. Honestly I'm no shrinking violet! Water aint gonna hurt me or the rig....it is just a bad design and where things can be corrected/altered to better suit...I will always opt to change.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Have em! those are great when driving and cracking the window to let air out or in without letting water in. It's when you or your spouse opens the door and you get water running on your lap from the rail's. Honestly I'm no shrinking violet! Water aint gonna hurt me or the rig....it is just a bad design and where things can be corrected/altered to better suit...I will always opt to change.
I have the same experience. I'm glad I got visors for ventilation but as deterrents to rain gutter water, they're only as good as the door is closed, and it's when the door is initially opened after a rain that they most need to, and can't work, distanced from the roof on top of the open door to which they're attached.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If you plug up the end of the rain gutters with black silicone closest to the front of the vehicle, and you're not otherwise on a significantly slopped down hill, wouldn't tendency exist for water to exit out of the back of a front door's rain gutter, and down the "B" pillar?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
Some folks on this forum are using a moldable glue called Sugru to create a "dam" on the Jeep rain gutter. (not my picture)

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gutter Fix 57378