Sponsored

Members old and new -- check in and wave hello!

WyoRacer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2019 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Military
New Jeep owner as of today. Went a little higher than I was planning and got a JLUR white, led, 8.4U, safety group, some others and had the dealer throw on the hitch. Looks sharp and I went straight to the dirt this evening. Should be fun exploring my local Wyoming and Colorado dirt roads
Sponsored

29_Palms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey everybody,

I am new to this JL Forum but not to Jeeps, I just picked up a loaded, low miles 2018 JLU Rubicon and just love it. Over the last 20 years I have had 3 other Jeeps;
  • the first being an '86 4 cyl. YJ with a manual and 31s and open diffs, later went to 33s and a 4" lift. After being denied on a few trails I knew I had to do better.
  • 2nd Jeep was a 2006 Rubicon with a 6sp manual purchased brand new off the lot. Started with a Rubicon Express 3" lift and 33s and later went to 35s - and then it was stolen, never recovered. Did the Dusy Ershim trail on 33s and made it!, and later with the 35s.
  • 3rd Jeep was an already built 6sp manual 2006 Rubicon Unlimited with 4000 miles on it, purchased with the insurance money from Jeep #2 in 2009. This one had 35s and a 4" RK long arm set up. Sweet Jeep. Wheeled it all over Mojave, Big Bear, High Desert, the Dusy. Flawless Jeep that I could drive 450 miles to the trail head and not worry about getting home. Sold it in 2014 to help with a down on a home. Garaged and was a second vehicle with only 26k miles on it.
  • 4th Jeep is a bone stock 2018 JLUR with 31k on it, that will quickly take shape. I found it in St. George, UT. Flew in and drove it home, as the used market in SoCal has significantly higher prices than most of the rest of the country. I prefer to buy a slightly used one and have someone else eat the depreciation. Jeep was never dragged over anything, but saw some dirt roads. I doubt it was in 4-lo for very long if ever. This one will be my daily driver, for a while anyway. As part of the test drive (dealer picked me up from the airport in the Jeep) I found some dirt and put it in 4-lo and locked the diffs. Everything worked as it should.
I just couldn't quite stomach a 4-door JK for my growing family, and just never got one, but after reading about the JL redesign I knew it would be in my future. All of my Jeeps had soft tops and I had to wonder about security/theft, and all had manual trans. The JLUR has a hard top with the 8sp, which is really nice so far , can't wait to wheel it. I averaged 21.5mpg going up and down canyons on the way home, and have been averaging 19.5mpg around town. Not bad.

I have been researching lifts for about 5 months, and last week finally ordered the EVO 3.5 Enforcer Overland Stage 3 Plus with the 2.5 EVO Spec King shocks through T & Js in Orange. It delivers 3 weeks from today, and I am waffling between 35s and 37s. Man these JLs look great with 37s+! Can't decide yet but I have some time. It is gonna be a DD but I see many of you are running 37s and running around town in them in between trails. Excited about the Jeep and excited to be here. Will read more hear about 35s vs. 37s. My first trip will be Big Bear in late October, can't wait.

Last edited:

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
Hey everyone,

Picked up a 2020 JLUR Sting gray about a month ago. First Jeep for me but I've wanted one for a while - the fun factor is like nothing else. I've been following this forum for the past few months which really helped me find the right deal. Had a great time flying down to North Carolina and driving it back to NY. Last weekend was a camping trip in the catskills and hitting a few trails for the first time. Looking forward to learning more and the mods start rolling in.

D491125A-ADA6-4A1E-80A2-1CF669418614.JPG

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Hey everyone,

Picked up a 2020 JLUR Sting gray about a month ago. First Jeep for me but I've wanted one for a while - the fun factor is like nothing else. I've been following this forum for the past few months which really helped me find the right deal. Had a great time flying down to North Carolina and driving it back to NY. Last weekend was a camping trip in the catskills and hitting a few trails for the first time. Looking forward to learning more and the mods start rolling in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! D491125A-ADA6-4A1E-80A2-1CF669418614.JPG
welcome my fellow NY brother

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
revkit.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just joined today! We've had our 2020 JLU Rubicon (Redrum Betty) for just over a month now. She's our 3rd Wrangler, and we're excited to be back in a Jeep! Our main focus with this build will be more on the side of overlanding, vs. rock crawling, but we do plan on installing a lift, bigger tires, bumpers, winch, etc...

HG.jpg

Sponsored

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Just joined today! We've had our 2020 JLU Rubicon (Redrum Betty) for just over a month now. She's our 3rd Wrangler, and we're excited to be back in a Jeep! Our main focus with this build will be more on the side of overlanding, vs. rock crawling, but we do plan on installing a lift, bigger tires, bumpers, winch, etc...

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! HG
Congrats

ShadowRig

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Metallic Granite
Hello everyone! New member waving hello from NY.

Finally joined after browsing through tons of informational threads here as a guest before.

Own a 2018 JLU Sport Hardtop 6M/T. 1st jeep after 15 years owning Mustang GTs.

Basic mods thus far... 34" tires, tints, summer trektop nx top, rubicon take-off lift, daystar 3/4" leveling kit, borla atak axle back

Thanks for the Add!

Last edited:

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
Hello All,
Just joined the forum. I ordered a two door Willys, Sting Gray, 3.6L, manual tran, (I love actually driving a vehicle), with a few options Friday 10/3. Wanted to say hello. I've been a sports car kinda guy for years but have always loved the look and thought of off roading. I've driven a Porsche I owned at the few tracks including Watkins Glen. Fun stuff. I guess you could say this is a new chapter in my life.
I don't know if I can take a brand new beautiful Willys through the woods! I do have a 04' Liberty that I just may keep for that haha.
So... hello.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L

Jeep Wrangler JL Members old and new -- check in and wave hello! HG
Welcome!

i see that you are running trailrax. I just purchased too. I like them. You? (Send me a note rather than just clutter up this thread with gear talk)

6EC32545-56B8-4CB4-9A5F-EA67CAF505E9.jpeg

Reactions: omg

Sponsored

caveboy667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hi All,

New to the forums, but I've had my 2018 JLU Sport S for a year or so really love it. Had a 1990 YJ years ago on 33s , but really wanted another Jeep. Finally got this one lifted on 315's and my family now knows why I've been a Jeep fan for years.

Last edited:

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Hi all, new member from good old Allentown, PA.
I joined because I got a 2021 JL Willys ( Build) on order as of 10/06/2020 (Saturday). Currently have a 2016 Willys which I bought new, love it, but time to upgrade! This is number 5 for the Wranglers, had a 2012 JKU, my 2016 JK Willys, now my 2021 Willys ordered. Hope to have continued good luck!
Sting Gray paint, 3.6 engine , 8 speed Auto, Select Trac. Anybody in the area, let me know!!

Movenpuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0L T
Hi all, new member from good old Allentown, PA.
I joined because I got a 2021 JL Willys ( Build) on order as of 10/06/2020 (Saturday). Currently have a 2016 Willys which I bought new, love it, but time to upgrade! This is number 5 for the Wranglers, had a 2012 JKU, my 2016 JK Willys, now my 2021 Willys ordered. Hope to have continued good luck!
Sting Gray paint, 3.6 engine , 8 speed Auto, Select Trac. Anybody in the area, let me know!!
Welcome brother,
Used to have family in the Jim Thorpe region.