Sponsored

Picking up new JKU tomorrow. Any items I should get right away?

wchevron

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2020 JLU
Picking up my JKU tomorrow, 2020 Sahara hardtop. What are some "must haves" or "should haves" for a new vehicle. Will spend the majority of time on the road. Wife and kids will be driving it mostly. A couple of things I want to get right away:

Planning on getting some interior rubber floor mats. Are the ones from Jeep any good or should I go aftermarket?

Seems a lot of people recommend door sill protectors.

Maybe a rain channel adaptor to stop the rain from pouring in when I open the door.

As I delve deeper into the forum, I'm amazed all the aftermarket things you can get for the jeep.
Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the rubber mats and door sill guards are musts.

If you are going to be driving a lot in the rain, you may also want to consider a set of splash guards. I went with the Mopars; they help retain the factory look —see below.

Having said that, the Sahara side steps do a pretty good job doubling to protect the sides of the Jeep from flying rock, debris and water.

You may also want to get a set of five (5) wheel locks.

Jeep Wrangler JL Picking up new JKU tomorrow. Any items I should get right away? 7357069B-64C1-4880-8795-8EDB82989111

Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
This is a JL forum not a JKU lol. You don’t need anything yet, just enjoy it for a couple of months and decide

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I just bought both the quadratec sil guards and floor mats for my new JLUR....like em so far.

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
I would highly recommend getting some additional reverse lighting as the factory rev lights are garbage. There are lots of threads on various options, Oracle Lighting has some new LEDs that replace the red reflectors, I personally installed some Rigid Ignites in my plastic bumper so they come on when in reverse and can turn on manually with AUX 4 if needed - works great. Lots of options but you’ll definitely need more light in the back (also pick up a Brawlee for your lift gate while you’re at it)! Enjoy your new Jeep!
Sponsored