2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports?

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Let me begin with a few prefaces here. First, I tried searching for the answer already, but there was an insane number of returns on my search terms. Second, this is a pretty one-off question with very little actual importance.

Now that is out of the way, I was re-reading some of the press clippings when the 2021 model year was announced a few weeks ago (because who doesn't re-read jeep related things all day) and every single blog/article (probably based off the same single source) stated that the 2021 model year added two additional USB ports to the wrangler. Does anyone actually know if this is true? If it is, does anyone know where inside the cabin they are?
Sponsored

bullfrog3459

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Dodge Caliber (Sold), 2012 Black Dodge Journey, 2021 HellaYella Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
Network Administrator / Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Let me begin with a few prefaces here. First, I tried searching for the answer already, but there was an insane number of returns on my search terms. Second, this is a pretty one-off question with very little actual importance.

Now that is out of the way, I was re-reading some of the press clippings when the 2021 model year was announced a few weeks ago (because who doesn't re-read jeep related things all day) and every single blog/article (probably based off the same single source) stated that the 2021 model year added two additional USB ports to the wrangler. Does anyone actually know if this is true? If it is, does anyone know where inside the cabin they are?
I've been all over my Jeep and so far the only two that I know of are on the Media port on the front under the radio and then the other is in the center console. I haven't found any others yet nor have my kids.

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
Well, to quote the 2021 press kit, "Wrangler now offers two additional USB ports (charge only)".

When FCA says they "offer" something, that could mean a lot... My 2018 Rubicon with 8.4 has a pair (1 USB-C, 1 USB-A) in the dash as USB1 in UConnect, a single USB-A in the center console as USB2 and 2 pairs behind the center console, one as USB3 and the other charge-only. It would be fabulous is Jeep could put them up on the dash, but that might be asking a lot.

I would check behind the glove box or even under the tray on top of the dash. Maybe miracles do happen?!

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Are these new?
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? PXL_20200930_180548638

Sponsored

overboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU(sold) 2021 JLURD
Well, those are both identified as change-only based on the little battery icon. On mine, the left is USB3 and the right is charge-only. Which model year and UConnect system do you have?
this is in the back seat, I thought these were new for 21

JustAnotherChicken

First Name
Tundra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Well, those are both identified as change-only based on the little battery icon. On mine, the left is USB3 and the right is charge-only. Which model year and UConnect system do you have?
JLR - MY2021. 8.4" UConnect. My prior was '13 JK with base radio, so I can't compare with MY2020. I know there aren't a ton of 2021 out there, hence the offer to show what's actually there.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I'm betting the 2 additional ports the article mentioned is what comes with the 8.4" upgrade. I have a 2021 Willys with the 7" screen and do not have the 2 USB ports or 120V outlet in the back of the center console (for rear passengers to charge devices). My only USB ports are what a couple others mentioned: 1 USB-A and 1 USB-C in the dash, then 1 USB-A in the center console.

Sponsored

DogplasmaPeopleplasma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner Trail Premium....2021 JLUR
I'm betting the 2 additional ports the article mentioned is what comes with the 8.4" upgrade. I have a 2021 Willys with the 7" screen and do not have the 2 USB ports or 120V outlet in the back of the center console (for rear passengers to charge devices). My only USB ports are what a couple others mentioned: 1 USB-A and 1 USB-C in the dash, then 1 USB-A in the center console.
I just took delivery today of my new 2021 JLUR....8.4" screen was one of the option packages I added in addition to LED, Cold Weather, Towing and Sky 1 Touch. On the back of the console I have that same set of ports Justanother chicken posted. Not sure if it is a 2021 feature, a part of the Rubicon package or a part of the 8.4" package. On the window sticker it shows Mediahub with 2 USB Charge Only ports under the Interior Features portion of the Standard Equipment section. Figured I would share if that helped anyone.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
A USB charge/data port on the top of the dash would be nice, maybe one in the rear by the power outlet.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
A USB charge/data port on the top of the dash would be nice, maybe one in the rear by the power outlet.
You mean like these? :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? EAB503D8-0CF4-4C38-9E8D-1AEB423A6222

Got a pair on top of the dash too, just don't have a good pic handy. I think both of your suggestions would be great spots...

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
You mean like these? :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? EAB503D8-0CF4-4C38-9E8D-1AEB423A6222

Got a pair on top of the dash too, just don't have a good pic handy. I think both of your suggestions would be great spots...
How’d you get that setup?

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 JLUR and have those ports with the 7" U connect system, so don't think that's what they're referring to unless these are JLUR only?
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Adds Two Additional USB Ports? IMG_20201001_055900
Sponsored