Sponsored

New to Jeeping, with a 2021 Rubicon Diesel and questions as to lifts, etc.

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon, Diesel
Occupation
military . . .
I am new to this forum, and to Jeep’ing—have ordered my first ever Jeep, a 2021 Jeep Rubicon EcoDiesel ordered approx. Sept 17; Steel bumpers, Serge Green, tan leather, etc. Going big, where I’ve never driven off road before except in HMMWV’s . . .

Doubts/unsure about what the Dealership is informing me re: lifts, and other features,--which doesn’t match what I’m reading elsewhere—and would appreciate this forum/Jeep communities input (as opposed to a salesman . . .):

LIFT KITS for the 2021 EcoDiesel Rubicon: The Jeep Dealership states emphatically that
A) there are no specific, tested lift kits for this EcoDiesel, and/or

B) that any lifts that are being done will violate and invalidate any Warranty that will come with this new build.

I’ve informed the Jeep Dealer of the “JPP Wrangler lift kit part # 77072399AE—they haven’t responded if this will invalidate any Warranty—and it appears this part/lift is unavailable anyways.

Question: Are there any known lifts for the Jeep Wrangler (2021) Rubicon EcoDiesel that:

A) won’t invalidate the factory warranty?

B) that are available now for this build?

Hoping, after lift and larger tires, to gain an extra 4-6 inches clearance.

TRACKING/FAST TRACKING A BUILD? Or to check on a build with only a VON? I have a Vehicle Order Number (VON), and rumor is that my Build Priority code is 99. This Jeep was ordered approx. 9/17, with a dealer suggested hope of it arriving within 6-8 wks—but in reading on this Forum that suggestion of 6-8 wks seems like a fairy tail (?).

And after the lift . . .then to get a hoist lift for the 3 piece hard-top, to have installed in the garage so I can more easily take off the 3 piece hard top . . . what works well?

Trying to learn, and not screw up this dream vehicle being unprepared, not properly lifted for where I want to go . . . Central Arizona area.

Thank you in advance for any input as to lifts for this build. I hope the EcoDiesel proves the naysayers in my world wrong who have told me this vehicle will be ultra-costly to maintain (?), will be limited in what modifications I’ll be able to do (i.e. lifts, etc.).

Respectfully . . .
Sponsored

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Sounds like you are doing a great job researching your mods. If your dealer can't answer your questions, check with another dealer. You have several in your area. As far as getting your Jeep trail ready, it already is. Remember, you need to improve your skill set as much or more than you need to increase your Jeeps ability. I run my JLUR in Az all winter. I've gone from stock to a 2" lift and 35s. I go pretty much where I want but have decided I'm not rock crawler. My setup is a good compromise for me between road and trail performance. You need to arrive at your setup yourself. Just cause you have the "look" doesn't mean you have the ability or desire.

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
I’d encourage getting your Jeep an trying her out where You want to drive-you will be surprised at the factory fresh capability. The base Mopar lift should work, and its a factory kit so there are no warranty issues.

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
I’d encourage getting your Jeep an trying her out where You want to drive-you will be surprised at the factory fresh capability. The base Mopar lift should work, and its a factory kit so there are no warranty issues.
Right, but the Jeep dealership insists that Mopar doesn't have a lift specific for the Rubicon 2021 Diesel--there does appear to have been one by Mopar but which is now unavailable. What I'm gathering is my choices are to: 1) find another Jeep dealer who will to the job, with Mopar or whatever brand--and as their doing it then they can warranty the work (likely what will occur, since it seems lifts are indeed being done), or 2) go to a non dealership place and get the lift done and hold my breath on warrenty issues, or 3) just wait long enough--it's a Jeep, someone will build it, and someone else, until clearly mopar has hit. I'm thinking option 1, because being inexperienced I don't want to screw up and get stuck because I didn't appreciate the limits (fewer limits with a few more inches . . .?).

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Sounds like you are doing a great job researching your mods. If your dealer can't answer your questions, check with another dealer. You have several in your area. As far as getting your Jeep trail ready, it already is. Remember, you need to improve your skill set as much or more than you need to increase your Jeeps ability. I run my JLUR in Az all winter. I've gone from stock to a 2" lift and 35s. I go pretty much where I want but have decided I'm not rock crawler. My setup is a good compromise for me between road and trail performance. You need to arrive at your setup yourself. Just cause you have the "look" doesn't mean you have the ability or desire.
What do you define as rock crawling? a lift + 35s on a rubicon should be able to do rock crawling. Wheres the compromise?
Asking because I am debating staying rubi height or going a bit bigger in the near future, the only reason I would lift would be to increase articulation for rock crawling and increasing payload capacity.

I have a 2 Door so maybe theres the differ nce.

Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Interesting. My dealer (San Diego Chrysler Jeep) told me that the lift will not effect any warranty unless you modify the drive train. Like regearing. Mopar has a diesel specific lift but may be unavailable right now. I specifically asked about the MC GC lift and he said no problems.

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
What do you define as rock crawling? a lift + 35s on a rubicon should be able to do rock crawling. Wheres the compromise?
Asking because I am debating staying rubi height or going a bit bigger in the near future, the only reason I would lift would be to increase articulation for rock crawling and increasing payload capacity.

I have a 2 Door so maybe theres the differ nce.
I'm new to Jeeping--I really don't have any experience, that's why I'm asking--

but to be told by a Dealer that there is no way to lift a 21' Rubi Diesel without violating the warranty, because there isn't a specific lift available for the Diesel Rubi seems to run against what I'm reading on the forums that there are lifts, that work well, and I might likely find another dealership that will accommodate. Unfortunate that there is difficultly finding the JPP Wrangler Lift Kit (part # 77072399AE) which seemed warranty safe jeep branded specific.

Not knowing better--but 4-6 inches lift would help to go over some of the areas I've seen hiking, at least to compensate/help with the learning curve I'll be on as I push what I can do over stuff.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OP, NO LIFT will “invalidate“ your warranty Per se.

if you have an issue with your diesel and, say, electronics in the dash, the warranty is still 100% on effect as the lift did not cause the issue with the electronics. If you have an issue with the radiator, same thing, it’s covered.

the only issues that you can run into are when the lift can be shown to be the cause of the problem...... like, for instance, a steering issue after the lift is installed..... that may become a point of argument.

all that said, I am unaware of a lift kit out for the diesel yet....

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
Interesting. My dealer (San Diego Chrysler Jeep) told me that the lift will not effect any warranty unless you modify the drive train. Like regearing. Mopar has a diesel specific lift but may be unavailable right now. I specifically asked about the MC GC lift and he said no problems.
I'm not having the best experience with this dealership then--as their 'expert' inhouse guy doing mods/installs is telling me what this forum states is wrong. I trust this forum/others understanding her. But the jeep is ordered, so stuck in the interim with this dealership--will stop asking them but will turn elsewhere, consistent with what you and others on this forum all state--that lifts are available specific for the 21 Rubi Diesel, and their shouldn't be any warranty invalidation. I'm now much more confident--and appreciative of this forums collective wisdom. Unrelated-the Diesel was a good choice, for my first Jeep? aka Diesel isn't going away anytime soon due to whatever dumb reasons?

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I'm new to Jeeping--I really don't have any experience, that's why I'm asking--

but to be told by a Dealer that there is no way to lift a 21' Rubi Diesel without violating the warranty, because there isn't a specific lift available for the Diesel Rubi seems to run against what I'm reading on the forums that there are lifts, that work well, and I might likely find another dealership that will accommodate. Unfortunate that there is difficultly finding the JPP Wrangler Lift Kit (part # 77072399AE) which seemed warranty safe jeep branded specific.

Not knowing better--but 4-6 inches lift would help to go over some of the areas I've seen hiking, at least to compensate/help with the learning curve I'll be on as I push what I can do over stuff.
A 4-6” lift? Holy cow..... that is high IMO. Be very careful before you do that and maybe drive one at highway speeds to see if you like the way it drives BEFORE lifting that high.

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
OP, NO LIFT will “invalidate“ your warranty Per se.

if you have an issue with your diesel and, say, electronics in the dash, the warranty is still 100% on effect as the lift did not cause the issue with the electronics. If you have an issue with the radiator, same thing, it’s covered.

the only issues that you can run into are when the lift can be shown to be the cause of the problem...... like, for instance, a steering issue after the lift is installed..... that may become a point of argument.

all that said, I am unaware of a lift kit out for the diesel yet....
Thats good to know--and easy to understand--best place to learn is from peers--now time to find a good jeep club in the Phoenix AZ area and continue learning, and doing (and waiting for that dream vehicle to arrive)

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
Going 4 to 6 inch lift is a lot. My service advisor said up to 3.5 inch is fine. Anything higher than that could impact your warranty. You are changing a lot of stuff when you go that tall. I personally am going to get the Metal Cloak Game Changer 3.5 lift. Unless you are planning on going bigger than 40 inch tires that is really good enough. From what little I know making huge changes like new gears, axles, FAD delete and so on will pretty much kill the warranty. But hey, it's your jeep.

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
didnt mopar mention they will release a 2in lift for the diesel?
According to mopar website, "Genuine Mopar Performance 2" lift kit 4 door 3.0L Diesel", part # 77072399AE" "is on backorder with no estimated time of arrival"--at least this part # is showing up on mopars website--and for someone like me who isn't certain (yet) as to how these things work, one option is to wait--for this "genuine mopar" option--a few months, or longer . . .

OP
OP

MikeXE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
military . . .
Going 4 to 6 inch lift is a lot. My service advisor said up to 3.5 inch is fine. Anything higher than that could impact your warranty. You are changing a lot of stuff when you go that tall. I personally am going to get the Metal Cloak Game Changer 3.5 lift. Unless you are planning on going bigger than 40 inch tires that is really good enough. From what little I know making huge changes like new gears, axles, FAD delete and so on will pretty much kill the warranty. But hey, it's your jeep.
good advice, from a community that knows a lot better--I don't want to screw this purchase/ride/experience up. Thank you for the feedback, suggestions.
Sponsored