Sponsored

Back window won’t stay up

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Is there a way to adjust the lifts to keep the window up? It says right down or is that something I have to take it in for?
8EFC2DF0-AFBC-4398-B78D-5FC5BF00327F.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. Lol I know we add stuff all over the place but nothing on the window. Not even a sticker.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i let the dealer know. i said they can repair it when i take it in for my flare and grill replacements cause i have a bright white with the yellow syndrome. i'll just keep building up a repair list for a 1 and done.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Seems unbelievable that a dealer would deliver a vehicle like that. They had to access the cargo area as part of the PDI —i.e., Pre-Delivery Inspection. That’s when they are supposed to remove all the plastic wrapping, activate the vehicle electronics, install the floor mats, check tire pressures and all that.

Reveals the degree of indifference some dealer staff have.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, good point. I've only had to replace worn struts on hoods and hatches on old cars and SUVs, and I always replaced them in pairs.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yeah, glad to see Jimim has a good attitude about the situation.
In all seriousness, the dealer will need to replace the struts. And I'd do it the same way, just note all the little things needing attention and have it all taken care of at once.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ya that's all i'm doing. hey they have been good so far. the replacement flare and grill didn't even require a drive down to the dealer. few pics and ordered. the wait is just painful though. i emailed them about the window with a pic. no issue.

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2 door
I'm in similar situation (2019 JL 2 door). Right support bar fell off back window and obviously window will not stay up with just one arm. I thought a quick trip to dealership would be easy, uh no. According to the dealership, the support arm cannot be reattached to the window, the entire window has to be replaced. OK, took it back once window was ordered and in stock, but it was clear window, not tinted like original. So, there will be a third visit to get it repaired once the tinted window arrives. We'll see if that visit goes as planned.
Sponsored