First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Im sorry you have to drive that thing, would you like me to drive it off a cliff for you?
Come on - it's the ultimate ride. Even the peaceful protesters give me the thumbs up and let me pass in it......

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I get the reasoning behind the geometry brackets. They are great for a mall crawler to get a more compliant ride by getting the arms parallel to the ground.

I don't understand why you would combine this with heavy duty adjustable arms intended for off road use.

You don't need the adjustable length as the geometry brackets get you the added caster as well, and we can see the Synergy are set to their shortest setting - which is factory arm length.

Sure it looks bling compared to the stock arms and perhaps that is what the intent was?
I run on trails mostly and don't do severe rock crawling. Get out of here with the passive agressive BS. They aren't on their shortest setting. I snapped that pick right after I dropped it to the ground to make adjustments. If they cause any issues, I'll take them off, until then, they work very well and deflect a lot of rutty abuse to the frame instead of the steering. Honestly I've seen long arm kits with less clearance, and they shift the mounting point further back creating even more clearance issues.
Everyone please check-in with @oceanblue2019 before modifying your suspension.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I can tell you..... That if it made sense to run geometry brackets with their arms/lift kit then Synergy would make them and they don't.

Metalcloak doesn't as well.

Rock Krawler doesn't as well.

So there you go - the top 3 suspension manufactures don't sell what this fool has bolted to his Jeep. Why? Because it doesn't make sense.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane

I'm good. Thanks though. 160K miles with a similar setup in my JK, and no issues. It lives offroad, and the JL is off-road every day driving old gas and timber roads and trails in the hills of WV and KY. But, you do you. I buy my jeeps for work, not to have sitting out in the mall parking lot. The lift and larger tires are a necessity due to water bars and other obstacles I have to cross constantly. If I ever have an issue, I will be sure to let you know though. One can have an off road vehicle that still drives well between work and home.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can tell you..... That if it made sense to run geometry brackets with their arms/lift kit then Synergy would make them and they don't.

Metalcloak doesn't as well.

Rock Krawler doesn't as well.

So there you go - the top 3 suspension manufactures don't sell what this fool has bolted to his Jeep. Why? Because it doesn't make sense.
What issues will I have? Clearance? I don't seem to have an issue with that. So what other issue? Other than someone doesn't make it, so meh..? Again, you do you. I've had them on and I've had them off. It drives better with them, and handles 15 mph bumps and ruts on the trails better. I am not sure why in my case of it being better under every circumstance as being wrong. I don't see logic in that argument. If I decide to go rock crawling, I can have them off and the links reinstalled in under an hour, so it is not a big deal. Hell, I have the tools with me to do it on a trail. Thanks for the advice in any case, but they aren't having anything but a positive effect right now.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, after the comment about the cabin air filter took place I went ahead and checked mine. It was actually changed at the dealership 8,000 miles ago according to the records, but since I do my own servicing now that the Wave free changes have ended, I guess I need to be on top of it.

20200929_141306.jpg

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Last edited:

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
All done within the last week or so...

Generic LED Lighting for Fishbone Rack
After installing the Fishbone Rack about 2 weeks ago, it can be dark in the trunk area as it blocks light coming in. A quick $20 LED strip light kit from Amazon helps take care of that. It's not the brightest in the world, but it'll work for now (pics taken in my garage for added darkness).

Before
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_192918597

After
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_192911587

B&M Sport Shifter and Transfer Case Handle
Huge upgrade over stock for a great feeling shifter. I wish the stock shifter would have come from the factory with a setup that felt this good.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_192943073

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_193152367.NIGHT

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_193111503

CMM Side Mirrors
And to top it off, driving around with the doors off, means no mirrors. To me this is terribly uncomfortable and nerve wracking, especially with not knowing what's coming up alongside you in your blind spot. The glass is a little on the small side, but they're solid! Not the cheapest option, but you certainly get what you pay for here.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_193239311

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
I might be missing a detail here, but would you be more comfortable if you swapped the vehicle locations and parked the Jeep, nose first, under the top? If you have just attic space above your garage it looks like that hoist would be easy enough to rig up in the attic with holes for the cables in the ceiling. That would allow you to suck the top clear up to the ceiling with something like pool noodles as bumpers to protect it.
It's a fairly small garage, so the vehicles need to be in the location they are currently in. Swapped around the cars wouldn't fit in let alone have room for the top. I do like your idea though of running the cables through to the attic. I will think about that. For that case I would likely mount the pulleys on the floor, so I'll need to look different type of pulleys, but that's easy.

78cj7-18lj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangle Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to forum members Meg and her husband Tony. I got some awesome Rubicon wheels and tires. Takes my Sahara to a new level. Next its hip warmers (my wife just got a total hip replacement) I got the watercarbon set from Amazon will go in this week weather permitting.

IMG_0081.JPG