First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB
Build Thread
Link
First off, I want to thank the awesome people on this forum for all the great inspiration and excellent information that inspired this build. As my forum name implies, I don’t have the physical abilities to do this build, but the Lord has blessed me with the resources to have it built.

The inspiration for this build came from all the great stories in the trip journals. Even though I have owned several CJ’s and Wranglers, I have never had the opportunity to take them off-road. Now that I’m living in North Carolina, the opportunities are plenty and I’m blessed to have the time to feed this passion.

The planning for this build started the first week of March after I had the opportunity to take an off-road driving class from Overland Experts.

CDT Performance and Off-road in Fuquay Varina North Carolina will be starting the build tomorrow, September 28. This shop’s primary business is building over the top diesel trucks, including several for SEMA. I chose this shop because of their passion and attention to detail. This shop is owned by two young men in their early thirties who started this shop several years ago in a two stall garage working nights after their primary jobs to build the business. They found a banker who believed in them and they now have a thriving business.

Here is the build sheet.
Dana 60 front and Dana 80 rear axles with 5.38 gears with ARB lockers built by East Coast Gear Supply here in the Raleigh area.

BFG KM3 39x13.50 R17 Tire’s on Teraflex Deluxe Nomad wheels 17x8.5 in Titanium Grey.

EVO 4.5” JL Enforcer Overland lift with matching King 2.5” shocks and King steering damper.

EVO Protek engine, trans, and exhaust skid plates.

ARB dual compressor with American Adventure Lab mount and remote kit.

Genesis dual battery tray and batteries wired in stock configuration.

American Adventure Lab front and rear inner fenders with Aries aluminum front and rear fenders.

Smittybuilt XRC Gen 2 front bumper.

Quake LED Halo 4” fog lights with DRL/turn signal in front bumper.

Rigid 360 4” LED driving lights on bull bar.

Warn ZEON 12-S winch.

Rusty’s full width rear bumper.

Rusty’s Spare Tire Carrier and license plate relocation kit with Poison Spider license plate light.

Borla 2.5” Touring Climber Exhaust.

Rock Slide Engineering Gen 2 step sliders with skid plate.

Rubicon transfer case.

Tazer JL mini

And finally, Tom Woods front and rear drive shafts.

Here are some before pictures. After pictures hopefully by next Friday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mild MOAB to MUDZILLA transformation! 5BF5DB0A-599D-4278-85FF-7755EB73AF99
Jeep Wrangler JL Mild MOAB to MUDZILLA transformation! AEB6E706-0688-4445-9482-0C8ACE695E27
Jeep Wrangler JL Mild MOAB to MUDZILLA transformation! D237C45E-D746-41A0-B930-264553870AE1
Sponsored

Last edited:

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
First off, I want to thank the awesome people on this forum for all the great inspiration and excellent information that inspired this build. As my forum name implies, I don’t have the physical abilities to do this build, but the Lord has blessed me with the resources to have it built.

The inspiration for this build came from all the great stories in the trip journals. Even though I have owned several CJ’s and Wranglers, I have never had the opportunity to take them off-road. Now that I’m living in North Carolina, the opportunities are plenty and I’m blessed to have the time to feed this passion.

The planning for this build started the first week of March after I had the opportunity to take an off-road driving class from Overland Experts.

CDT Performance and Off-road in Fuquay Varina North Carolina will be starting the build tomorrow, September 28. This shop’s primary business is building over the top diesel trucks, including several for SEMA. I chose this shop because of their passion and attention to detail. This shop is owned by two young men in their early thirties who started this shop several years ago in a two stall garage working nights after their primary jobs to build the business. They found a banker who believed in them and they now have a thriving business.

Here is the build sheet.
Dana 60 front and Dana 80 rear axles with 5.38 gears with ARB lockers built by East Coast Gear Supply here in the Raleigh area.

BFG KM3 39x13.50 R17 Tire’s on Teraflex Deluxe Nomad wheels 17x8.5 in Titanium Grey.

EVO 4.5” JL Enforcer Overland lift with matching King 2.5” shocks and King steering damper.

EVO Protek engine, trans, and exhaust skid plates.

ARB dual compressor with American Adventure Lab mount and remote kit.

Genesis dual battery tray and batteries wired in stock configuration.

American Adventure Lab front and rear inner fenders with Road Armor front and rear fenders.

Smittybuilt XRC Gen 2 front bumper.

Warn ZEON 12-S winch.

Rusty’s full width rear bumper.

Rusty’s Spare Tire Carrier.

Borla 2.5” Touring Climber Exhaust.

Rock Slide Engineering Gen 2 step sliders with skid plate.

And finally, Tom Woods front and rear drive shafts.

Here are some before pictures. After pictures hopefully by next Friday.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mild MOAB to MUDZILLA transformation! D237C45E-D746-41A0-B930-264553870AE1
watching

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB
Build Thread
Link
This post needs more pics!
I’ll try to get out to the shop today to get more picks. The shop also hired a camera crew to create a video of the build to put on their website, but that probably won’t be ready for awhile. They are filming the entire build and then edit it down to a manageable size..

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Can’t wait to see more. Message me if you are looking for local guys to go wheeling with.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler MOAB
Build Thread
Link
Bad ass build sir!
Thank you! It just got a little badder today. Tim, the mechanic who is working on my Jeep recommended that I put a Rubicon transfer case in while it is apart for extra strength and better crawl ratio. We found one with 10 miles on it in Georgia. Will be shipped to the shop tomorrow.
Sponsored