Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
Just a lengthwise slot for the optional additional steps, but I have the optional steel plates on the way.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
The new Armor-Lite product from LOD. I couldn't be happier. Installation was a breeze.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rock sliders, finally. Armor-Lite from LOD 20200926_181215

I like them.

looks like they save about 16 pounds vs steel but cost about $200 more?

they also seem to mount in a more straight forward way than the steel ones.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Just a lengthwise slot for the optional additional steps, but I have the optional steel plates on the way.
How much do these weigh and cost?

seems that they will add the 16 pounds right back...... ????

whats the benefit then of these in your mind?

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
I like them.

looks like they save about 16 pounds vs steel but cost about $200 more?

they also seem to mount in a more straight forward way than the steel ones.
Thanks, man! Yeah, I think that must be the shipping weight because the only heavy part is the steel mounting brackets themselves. The rails themselves are super light. I was easily able to lift them into place to bolt them up by myself. I'd say the rails themselves are around 20-25 pounds each.

How much do these weigh and cost?

seems that they will add the 16 pounds right back...... ????

whats the benefit then of these in your mind?
Well, at the very least they won't rust, and if the steel plates get banged up or rust then I can always take them off, blast them and recoat them, but really, at the cost of $170 a set (cheaper at the actual seller), it would probably just be easier to replace them.

Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
LOD makes outstanding products, I have their signature series mid width front bumper and it is strong and looks great. Their rails are also great quality but I went with ROAM MK3 frame mounted rails on my JLUR just because the way they match up with the Rubicon front and rear fenders. They also sit tight against the body but not close enough to flex into the body should you land on a rock. Very sturdy and run about $700.00 plus shipping which is around $90.00. Many other very good ones out there so it becomes a matter of what looks and works good for the beholder.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
LOD makes outstanding products, I have their signature series mid width front bumper and it is strong and looks great. Their rails are also great quality but I went with ROAM MK3 frame mounted rails on my JLUR just because the way they match up with the Rubicon front and rear fenders. They also sit tight against the body but not close enough to flex into the body should you land on a rock. Very sturdy and run about $700.00 plus shipping which is around $90.00. Many other very good ones out there so it becomes a matter of what looks and works good for the beholder.
Sorry, ROAM is shit, and nowhere in the same league as LOD.

Just read the threads on here. And they don't stand behind their products.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, ROAM is shit, and nowhere in the same league as LOD.

Just read the threads on here. And they don't stand behind their products.
I have Roam frame mount and starting to worry after seeing what happened to one guys sides after hitting rocks. Not sure how big a hit he took, but the frame mounted bent and hit his sides. Some good damage. Ugh. I am looking at a new rear bumper and kind of between Metalcloak and LOD.

Sponsored

VS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Ferrari 550, Honda S2000, VW GLI
The LOD armor lite sliders are one of the most expensive sliders out there. But then again they are aluminum which is a plus since rust won't be an issue. Overall the install of the sliders was fairly straightforward and they do look and function well. I then ordered the steel skid plates to complete the sliders. While they look well made, I ran into issues right away on getting these mounted.

The skid plates attach via T-nuts that fit into channels in the sliders. Well The T-nuts fit on the passenger side of the Jeep but are too big to fit on the driver side sliders. I contacted the LOD support via email and their overall response amounted to- "The channel may be slightly out of tolerance to fit the t-nut which can happen in the extrusion process. Sending new t-nuts probably won’t work either. You could either grind the t-nut slightly to make it fit, or pop them in with a mallet and then slide them into position?"

Really, this is the response for one of the most expensive complete sliders on the market?? Pretty pathetic response in my opinion. Especially at this price point, I expect things to fit together without issues. And even if one side doesn't fit together, it would be easy enough for them to send some T-Nuts that have been ground down a little. I can verify they are too large to just hammer them into place. Besides, I shouldn't have to do this with such an expensive product but will have the T-nuts ground down. But the pathetic customer support is noted and this will be my last LOD product.

If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with a better brand that has better customer service.

OP
OP
Formattc

Formattc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Sarge Green
The skid plates attach via T-nuts that fit into channels in the sliders. Well The T-nuts fit on the passenger side of the Jeep but are too big to fit on the driver side sliders. I contacted the LOD support via email and their overall response amounted to- "The channel may be slightly out of tolerance to fit the t-nut which can happen in the extrusion process. Sending new t-nuts probably won’t work either. You could either grind the t-nut slightly to make it fit, or pop them in with a mallet and then slide them into position?"

Really, this is the response for one of the most expensive complete sliders on the market?? Pretty pathetic response in my opinion. Especially at this price point, I expect things to fit together without issues. And even if one side doesn't fit together, it would be easy enough for them to send some T-Nuts that have been ground down a little. I can verify they are too large to just hammer them into place. Besides, I shouldn't have to do this with such an expensive product but will have the T-nuts ground down. But the pathetic customer support is noted and this will be my last LOD product.

If I were to do it over again, I would have gone with a better brand that has better customer service.

I ran into the same problem and I'm guessing it's very tough to manufacture these with perfect channels. I had the problem on the driver's side so I just found a place where the cam nuts fit into the channel, which was near the rear, and then slid them forward into position. This took a little trial and error to get them aligned with the holes in the plates but it wasn't too difficult and took about fifteen minutes.

Last edited:

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
@lodoffroad will there be a 2 door version of the armor-lites in the future? If so any insight into timing you can share? Thx

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
The LOD armor lite sliders are one of the most expensive sliders out there. But then again they are aluminum which is a plus since rust won't be an issue. Overall the install of the sliders was fairly straightforward and they do look and function well. I then ordered the steel skid plates to complete the sliders. While they look well made, I ran into issues right away on getting these mounted.

Hi VS2000,
I assure you we take customer support very seriously! I understand it sucks to receive a product that doesn't quite go together as planned. I believe the idea was to give them a light tap and see if they would pop in the channel. If that doesn't work then we will absolutely send you new t-nuts that will fit. Our objective is generally to get you up an running as soon as possible with your new product because it can sometimes take a while to get special items thru our system. If your still having trouble please reach out to our support again or feel free to send a PM.
Sponsored