SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Hi all!
over here from the JT forum but I’m looking for some input on people who’ve run them, what your experience has been, how well they fit stuffed and the absolute minimum backspacing I canuse to run these on rubicon axles. planning to run 8.5” non beadlock wheels to keep the weight down and extend the life of ball joints and unit bearings as long as possible. Planning to run the 3” rockkrawler 4 link X factor lift with non split fenders and yes, even mudflaps

please show me what you’re running. TIA!
Sponsored

SSBattalion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
You can see the BFG KM3 39's on my rig. Just check it on Instagram: seven_slot_battalion … last post. I'm a Rubi on 3" Rock Krawler myself. Wheels are KMC Machete Beadlocks. Fits fine, no issues.

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
You can see the BFG KM3 39's on my rig. Just check it on Instagram: seven_slot_battalion … last post. I'm a Rubi on 3" Rock Krawler myself. Wheels are KMC Machete Beadlocks. Fits fine, no issues.
great page! Did you have split your flares or just a preference?

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Meh.... they are pretty good. I am normally a toyo guy, when I replace them I will prob go back to toyos.
Jeep Wrangler JL 39” BFG MTKM3 pic & info request EB1AE4E1-8893-4C42-A8E4-EABC84280C34
Jeep Wrangler JL 39” BFG MTKM3 pic & info request D8CCB2B1-530E-4661-A254-88F456517E84

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Those look different than the roam sliders?

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Why do you prefer Toyo?
I like the look of the toyo MT, the compound seems to be a little harder. Just watching how these are wearing, and I rotate them regularly I don’t think I will get anywhere close to the mileage I get out of the toyos. Tires are all preference. I will say for these being a 39 and on a beadlock, once I got them dialed in they are not noisy and ride nice.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I like the look of the toyo MT, the compound seems to be a little harder. Just watching how these are wearing, and I rotate them regularly I don’t think I will get anywhere close to the mileage I get out of the toyos. Tires are all preference. I will say for these being a 39 and on a beadlock, once I got them dialed in they are not noisy and ride nice.
Thanks...what about offroading performance vs the toyo? What size toyos did you run and how many miles did you get out of them?

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks...what about offroading performance vs the toyo? What size toyos did you run and how many miles did you get out of them?
So that one is tuff for me to answer as I have toyos on my f150 and on my 2018 Sahara, but I only kept the Sahara for about a year before trading it in on my Rubi. I ran 37x13.50 on the Sahara on a 20” rim. On my f150 I get about 70 k miles out of a set, but they are worn out when I get a new set, I run a 33x12.50 on the f150. I am on my third set with 200k on my truck. The truck sees a lot less Offroad than my Jeep so I cannot give a good perspective on Offroad performance.

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I like the Toyos but they’re 19lbs more per tire in a 40 or 13lbs in a 38 but that requires an 18” wheel which also weighs more

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
I like the Toyos but they’re 19lbs more per tire in a 40 or 13lbs in a 38 but that requires an 18” wheel which also weighs more
I did not focus too much on weight as I knew I was running bead locks, but you make a great point.

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
I went with 37" BFG mud terrain and kept them on stock rims. I didn't want the tires sticking out much. I have a 2.5" lift all to keep it fitting in the garage.

IMG_1568.jpeg

DSC_0040.jpeg

OP
OP
SolarWizard

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I went with 37" BFG mud terrain and kept them on stock rims. I didn't want the tires sticking out much. I have a 2.5" lift all to keep it fitting in the garage.

IMG_1568.jpeg

DSC_0040.jpeg

oooh I just discovered those LOD sliders. How do you like them so far and did you get the skid?
did you regear?

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
oooh I just discovered those LOD sliders. How do you like them so far and did you get the skid?
did you regear?
I am using Rock Slide Engineering. Except for a hiccup with the actuator bar that bent the slider is great.
Sponsored