Sponsored

Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)!

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
I love my dogs. I love my Jeep! And I truly think that driving a Jeep with my dogs is the quintessential Jeep experience. It elevates my happiness to another level. I have gotten a lot of attention, smile and waves when I am driving with my two dogs. I know that from my interactions with all the wonderful people here in this forum, most Jeep owners are inherently friendly, caring, down to earth, helpful, outgoing, social, happy and enthusiastic among other. I think such characteristics fit most dog people. We like to share because we like (or want) to relate. I am happy when I am driving my Jeep. I am even happier driving nowhere in my Jeep with my two pups. I don't know how to explain this intrinsic intangible feelings - but it is an awesome feelings.

I hope that you can share some photos of your dog(s) and perhaps write something about how you feel when you are out Jeeping with your dogs. I have a few funny experiences with my two dogs that I lucky enough to capture.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 64717

Here are my two dogs in my previous Jeep. The one in front is Waffles - he is a Tibetan Terrier and he yodels when he is bored. The one behind is one of the most loving dog ever name Sparky. He is a Wheaten Terrier. Both are very happy dogs and enjoy the ride in the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 64716

Some of my funniest memories is when we were caught in our first sudden torrential downpour in my topless Jeep and upon arriving home, I looked back and my two dogs are totally drenched and have this WTF look on their face!! I feel so sorry for them. :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 080320-wtfdogs.PNG

And recently I was out driving at full speed - okay okay maybe around 80 - 90 mph again in my topless Jeep and I managed to snap another funny photo of Sparky. I think he gave me another WTF look because his hair are so randomly blown because I was driving too fast. :LOL: I don't think that he was that happy!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 64714

Ahahahaha! At least Waffles know how to lie down when things are going crazy. Sparky don't!!

I am thankful that life is good - well overall cause I know that there are times when life can be really FRUSTRATING!!!! But I am grateful that I am able to temporary escape the craziness of life and decompress by just driving my Jeep around with my dogs. Many other don't have that kind of opportunity.

Whats your story with your pets? I hope you can share some of your experiences with your Jeep and your dogs. :like:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1doggone
Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
anywhere any how, he goes with us.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! FFHLX9S

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! GosVOnK

even on 2 wheels..
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! J3exnpG

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 0yFiurv

he usually stays inside his case above 30mph, right around 30 he pops out.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
No funny stories in the Jeep with my dog. Max is as calm and as loyal as it gets. He sits and sits patiently until we get to our destination which is usually the beach. Max fishes with me all the time and is sitting there right by my side regardless of a leash or not. Even when I wade in the water he waits paw deep right behind me.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 720A87F4-84D8-4905-91AB-FE715ADCD3DE
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 75128FB5-26A2-4105-B9F8-FB5E576E592B
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! D29E4CBF-3704-45FE-AC81-86B571D8AF8C

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Many (many) years ago we had a TJ Hardtop and a 115 lb Bouvier des Flandres named Bear. He loved jumping up into the jeep for a ride. One early spring morning wife, dog, and I went into the little town close to where we lived. Wife needed something from the grocer. It was comfortable so we had the windows down (been too cold to take the top off). Wife goes in the store. In a few minutes a lady came out and began loading groceries into the car parked next to us. Bear stuck his head out the window (past the headrest ) and went WOOF!. He then turned and looked at me with a doggie smile and his little stub tail was going 100 mph. He “knew” he had just scared the heck of of this poor lady! I’m pretty sure the lady jumped halfway out of her skin. She turned to us and there was the Bear, with his tongue hanging out and his little tail wagging. She wound up petting him, but I still think she probably needed to change her clothes when she got home...

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
anywhere any how, he goes with us.

GosVOnK.jpg

even on 2 wheels..
he usually stays inside his case above 30mph, right around 30 he pops out.
DUDEEEEEE!!!!!! That is one heck of a cute dog!!!!!! MAN!!! Sorry I removed some photos in responding in order for the forum not to filter out but man those are the cutest photos! That is like totally hitting my weak spot!!! What breed is that? And where did you get the pawz center console. You are going to make me spend money. I am a foo for anything doggies and paw print.

Daaaaw! Thanks for sharing. You rock!! Your dog is super cute!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

No funny stories in the Jeep with my dog. Max is as calm and as loyal as it gets. He sits and sits patiently until we get to our destination which is usually the beach. Max fishes with me all the time and is sitting there right by my side regardless of a leash or not. Even when I wade in the water he waits paw deep right behind me.
View attachment 373673
Strommen, is your dog a Sheltie? What a handsome looking dog!! Max does look very calm and seems like a wonderful companion to have when you want a quiet company. How old is Max? Believe it or not when I was in college eons ago, I have a Labrador Retriever named Max! Short for Maximus (when I got him back then, that movie Gladiator was in rage everwhere). Such a gentle looking dog! I totally can relate the feeling that you get from Max! Thanks for sharing.

Many (many) years ago we had a TJ Hardtop and a 115 lb Bouvier des Flandres named Bear. He loved jumping up into the jeep for a ride. One early spring morning wife, dog, and I went into the little town close to where we lived. Wife needed something from the grocer. It was comfortable so we had the windows down (been too cold to take the top off). Wife goes in the store. In a few minutes a lady came out and began loading groceries into the car parked next to us. Bear stuck his head out the window (past the headrest ) and went WOOF!. He then turned and looked at me with a doggie smile and his little stub tail was going 100 mph. He “knew” he had just scared the heck of of this poor lady! I’m pretty sure the lady jumped halfway out of her skin. She turned to us and there was the Bear, with his tongue hanging out and his little tail wagging. She wound up petting him, but I still think she probably needed to change her clothes when she got home...
Dwayne, haha funny story!! I applaud the lady for being a sport. I would be jumping in fright if your dog would have suddenly WOOF at me - I had to google what a Bouvier des Flandres is - and it sorta remind me a of giant black Wheaten Terrier :like: It's a big dog!!! You know what people say - that the dogs took after their owner. I wonder if you are one of those mischevious people. Bear is just the right name for its breed!! Good looking dog. Just out of curiosity, my dogs don't shed, does Bear sheds a lot??

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1600983085962

This is one of the photo that I got in googling your dog breed. Looks like a black giant SCWT!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1600983202969

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Dakota our golden doodle on the way to the beach in our JK:
IMG_3569-X3.jpg

In the JK at the drive-in:
IMG_0376-XL.jpg

Giving me serious stink-eye when she sees we’re at the vet :LOL::
IMG_1782-X3.jpg

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Strommen, is your dog a Sheltie? What a handsome looking dog!! Max does look very calm and seems like a wonderful companion to have when you want a quiet company. How old is Max? Believe it or not when I was in college eons ago, I have a Labrador Retriever named Max! Short for Maximus (when I got him back then, that movie Gladiator was in rage everwhere). Such a gentle looking dog! I totally can relate the feeling that you get from Max! Thanks for sharing.
Yes, he's a Shetland Sheepdog. People always think he's a Miniature Collie and I'm like :facepalm: Haha. Max will be 8 years old in November.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! IMG_1782-X3
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! IMG_1782-X3
A very handsome young mam!

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
Dakota our golden doodle on the way to the beach in our JK:

In the JK at the drive-in:

Giving me serious stink-eye when she sees we’re at the vet :LOL::
IMG_1782-X3.jpg
Jul!! Beautiful goldendoodle!! I bet it is nice that Dakota does not shed! And its okay if you spoil her rotten - I mean look at her - how could you not. You are taking such a good care of her too (I assume that it is her - unless I am wrong - you did use a blue leash and harness :). Nice accessories that you got Dakota! Lucky dog!

Talking about going to vet. Sparky overall loves everyone and are okay with almost every people even the vet. He just like to be close to people. I remember a few years back when he had to go for his regular checkup at the vet... and the scene goes like this:

Sparky: Mouth open, tongue lolled out a bit, happy to be touched....
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1happydo

Vet: *put on the hand rubber glove with a smack sound as it fits snugly*
Sparky: *Happy being petted.... *pant pant pant pant pant happily*
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1happydo

Vet: Okay let see....
Sparky: *pant pant pant contently with his tongue still lolling out*

Vet did *something* behind Sparky.
Sparky: *suddenly GULPED!!!*

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1shockeddo

Me:

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1600996639181
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1600996641747
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1600996643640
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1600996645072

BEST. VET. VISIT. EVER!!!!!

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
I love my dogs. I love my Jeep! And I truly think that driving a Jeep with my dogs is the quintessential Jeep experience. It elevates my happiness to another level. I have gotten a lot of attention, smile and waves when I am driving with my two dogs. I know that from my interactions with all the wonderful people here in this forum, most Jeep owners are inherently friendly, caring, down to earth, helpful, outgoing, social, happy and enthusiastic among other. I think such characteristics fit most dog people. We like to share because we like (or want) to relate. I am happy when I am driving my Jeep. I am even happier driving nowhere in my Jeep with my two pups. I don't know how to explain this intrinsic intangible feelings - but it is an awesome feelings.

I hope that you can share some photos of your dog(s) and perhaps write something about how you feel when you are out Jeeping with your dogs. I have a few funny experiences with my two dogs that I lucky enough to capture.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1600996645072

Here are my two dogs in my previous Jeep. The one in front is Waffles - he is a Tibetan Terrier and he yodels when he is bored. The one behind is one of the most loving dog ever name Sparky. He is a Wheaten Terrier. Both are very happy dogs and enjoy the ride in the Jeep.

Some of my funniest memories is when we were caught in our first sudden torrential downpour in my topless Jeep and upon arriving home, I looked back and my two dogs are totally drenched and have this WTF look on their face!! I feel so sorry for them. :LOL:

And recently I was out driving at full speed - okay okay maybe around 80 - 90 mph again in my topless Jeep and I managed to snap another funny photo of Sparky. I think he gave me another WTF look because his hair are so randomly blown because I was driving too fast. :LOL: I don't think that he was that happy!!

Ahahahaha! At least Waffles know how to lie down when things are going crazy. Sparky don't!!

I am thankful that life is good - well overall cause I know that there are times when life can be really FRUSTRATING!!!! But I am grateful that I am able to temporary escape the craziness of life and decompress by just driving my Jeep around with my dogs. Many other don't have that kind of opportunity.

Whats your story with your pets? I hope you can share some of your experiences with your Jeep and your dogs. :like:

How are they secured in the jeep? Can I get the name of that harness please !

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No stories yet. And I've got a bunch of pics of the little man, but just one of him in the Jeep. I might take Moose with me to Pennsylvania for an off roading trip. I'll more than likely end up with better pics, and maybe a good pup story by the time we return. He'll get his trail cherry popped.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! IMG_3668

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DUDEEEEEE!!!!!! That is one heck of a cute dog!!!!!! MAN!!! Sorry I removed some photos in responding in order for the forum not to filter out but man those are the cutest photos! That is like totally hitting my weak spot!!! What breed is that? And where did you get the pawz center console. You are going to make me spend money. I am a foo for anything doggies and paw print.

Daaaaw! Thanks for sharing. You rock!! Your dog is super cute!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Dwayne, haha funny story!! I applaud the lady for being a sport. I would be jumping in fright if your dog would have suddenly WOOF at me - I had to google what a Bouvier des Flandres is - and it sorta remind me a of giant black Wheaten Terrier :like: It's a big dog!!! You know what people say - that the dogs took after their owner. I wonder if you are one of those mischevious people. Bear is just the right name for its breed!! Good looking dog. Just out of curiosity, my dogs don't shed, does Bear sheds a lot??

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! IMG_3668

This is one of the photo that I got in googling your dog breed. Looks like a black giant SCWT!

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TheBouv’s have a very dense double coat. The don’t shed a lot, and when they do it’s “fur balls”. Used to be a lady in Michigan that would take Bouv “wool” and knit sweaters and scarves.

OP
OP
KenPewPew

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Twubblemaker
How are they secured in the jeep? Can I get the name of that harness please !
Very secure Hex! I use Kurgo dog seat cover on the back seat of my two doors Jeep - it is a thick waterproof material and fits perfectly. My two pups always have harness on them since they have tendency to pull when they get a bit excited. I am also using Kurgo harness - where they have this special metal buckle that is really easy to put on but difficult to come off unless you really want it to - then it is as easy as just flip the buckle.

To tether them to my Jeep - I use Kurgo adjustable seat belt tether for dogs, for safety reason I also bought the seatbelt guard but I found out that the seatbelt buckle rest snugly under the seat cover and there are no way my dogs can accidentally release the tether so I returned them.

Seat Cover (photo is the link to the Amazon site for your reference)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1601003438421

Kurgo Harness - fantastic strong harness with the special metal buckle. Super strong and super durable - has been using it for over 6 years and it still work like new!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 20190213_175925 (2)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1601003611152

Finally - the seat belt tether also from Kurgo.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1601003725804

In additional - I am using Lupine Pet leashes. These four feet long leashes (they also have six feet) are so soft to touch and very sturdy and they are backed by lifetime warranty if you have problem with the leash. So far I replaced them every two years - I know that I can get replacement but Lupine have such awesome product and customer service that I gladly give them my money and support their business because they are really dog-centric and really know what dog owners need!

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep + Dogs = Happy Together!! Share your (funny) Jeep experience and photos of your pet(s)! 1601003961165

Hope this helps! :like:

No stories yet. And I've got a bunch of pics of the little man, but just one of him in the Jeep. I might take Moose with me to Pennsylvania for an off roading trip. I'll more than likely end up with better pics, and maybe a good pup story by the time we return. He'll get his trail cherry popped.
IMG_3668.jpg
Awwww that is a nice name for that small fella - Moose!!! Love that name. Its original. How old is Moose? I never thought that you would be a small doggie kind of person. I bet that small dog of yours have big personality. Haha! Yes please share your experience off roading with Moose and do take a few photos for us!! I can only imagine how excited that little guy would be. Will you let him get muddy too? Cause when I am out walking with my dogs on the trail - they DO get muddy. Can't wait to hear more! Have an awesome trip Mike!
Sponsored