Not open for further replies.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
How much does a shop charge to mount wheels and tires if you bring them in?
bump... any idea how much to mount them ?
It varies from shop to shop.

I brought in a set of Sahara rims/tires to Discount Tire to have them remount and balance the tires around so the white lettering wasn’t showing. They originally were going to charge $15 a wheel, but when I came back to have the work done I managed to get done for $10 a wheel. The small benefits to spending close to $10k on rims and tires over the last 5 years, I get to save $25. :rock:
Sponsored

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Depends if you need them to swap your TPMS from your current wheels to your new wheels are just swap wheels/tires. At most it should be $19 a tire x 5 at Discount Tire. They take good care of me.

andrech0586

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It varies from shop to shop.

I brought in a set of Sahara rims/tires to Discount Tire to have them remount and balance the tires around so the white lettering wasn’t showing. They originally were going to charge $15 a wheel, but when I came back to have the work done I managed to get done for $10 a wheel. The small benefits to spending close to $10k on rims and tires over the last 5 years, I get to save $25. :rock:
Depends if you need them to swap your TPMS from your current wheels to your new wheels are just swap wheels/tires. At most it should be $19 a tire x 5 at Discount Tire. They take good care of me.

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help. I just need to swap wheels/tires, the rubi take offs are with tpms. I'll check with discount tires.
I thought of doing it myself but if its just 15-20$/tire I will let them do it :)

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Any rubbing? Looks good.
No rubbing at all - in fact I most likely could run a 37x12.5 and not have any rubbing on road but it would probably limit travel and rub while flexing. 35s would fit without any issues at all, ridge grappler tires are pretty much 34” diameter.

dedsolid

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler JL
Is it cheesy to put Rubicon wheels

on a sport?

Hey what’s up everyone,
I am a new Jeep owner and just purchased a new JL sport. I had a friend give me some 2016 rims which I think are from a rubi. Would this fit my my Jl and could I put some 275/70/17 BFG KO’s on these rims if it’s compatble? I’ve been reading the post from everyone but it’s a lot to take in. Thanks.

When I see it I always thing it is a poser move.

But if I can get takeoffs with the 285 KO2s for about what I would spend on upgraded wheels on my Sport S it would be tempting.

Another option would be to get them and paint them black to get the LA Auto Show Hella Yella look and also make it look less stock.

Thoughts?
I did it and

tattoo-spell-check-8.jpg

dedsolid

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler JL
Hey what’s up everyone,
I am a new Jeep owner and just purchased a new JL sport. I had a friend give me some 2016 rims which I think are from a rubi. Would this fit my my Jl and could I put some 275/70/17 BFG KO’s on these rims if it’s compatble? I’ve been reading the post from everyone but it’s a lot to take in. Thanks.

epsho

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2DR Wrangler JL. MTX
I did it and

tattoo-spell-check-8.jpg
Is there a noticeable difference in height? Based on your video I assume you kept the stock springs and just threw the rubi tires on. Supposedly JL standard height is 73.6" im curious if this sits any higher with those tires.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a noticeable difference in height? Based on your video I assume you kept the stock springs and just threw the rubi tires on. Supposedly JL standard height is 73.6" im curious if this sits any higher with those tires.
Yea seemed about an inch higher. Makes sense since the tires are about that much taller.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I can't imagine anyone looking down on sport owners buying rubicon takeoffs. They're nice Jeep wheels, it's not like they say rubicon all over them.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.