Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I drove my truck to the Gym, stomped .on the "Go Pedal", and thought of you, as it belched out a big puff of black sooty smoke. :rock:

No...no you didn’t. You didn’t think of me, you didn’t think of others, you only thought of yourself.

I’m afraid you may use notions of freedom as a cover for selfishness. Those who truly respect freedom respect it for others too no less they do themselves: freedom from smog, climate change, forest fires, rising ocean temperatures and increased storms that result .

Besides, driving that gas guzzling truck in a manner that maximizes its fuel usage, while not otherwise going out purely fir a joy ride rather with express purpose like traveling to and from a fitness center, it kinds of ruins it don’t you think: shame on you. You kind of destroyed my expectations when you promised prior to “drive it around.” I presumed in pure selfish waste that you’d do it without any intent for your trip other than spite. The gym?!

And to think, you blew the opportunity for doing pointless “donuts” in the parking lot where you could have violated other people’s freedom from not hearing your tires screech in the pursuit of your “freedoms.”
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
No...no you didn’t. You didn’t think of me, you didn’t think of others, you only thought of yourself.

I’m afraid you may use notions of freedom as a cover for selfishness. Those who truly respect freedom respect it for others too no less they do themselves: freedom from smog, climate change, forest fires, rising ocean temperatures and increased storms that result .

Besides, driving that gas guzzling truck in a manner that maximizes its fuel usage, while not otherwise going out purely fir a joy ride rather with express purpose like traveling to and from a fitness center, it kinds of ruins it don’t you think: shame on you.

And to think, you blew the opportunity for doing pointless “donuts” in the parking lot where you could have violated other people’s freedom from not hearing your tires screech in the pursuit of your “freedoms.”
Haaaaa!!!!! Haaaa!!! Haaa!!!
Are you and Al Gore related?? What Kool-Aid have you been drinking?? Oh, a little secret, One Volcano fart produces more CO2 than the entire human population can in a hundred years.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Haaaaa!!!!! Haaaa!!! Haaa!!!
Are you and Al Gore related?? What Kool-Aid have you been drinking?? Oh, a little secret, One Volcano fart produces more CO2 than the entire human population can in a hundred years.
Even if true, we can’t control volcanic eruptions, and their occurrence might be all the more reason that CO2 emissions we can control we be deligent about.

Mr. Dalton, at least prior to this I had respect for your civil defiant CO2 producing actions. Tell me you did something productive with the trip (which doesn’t include destroying harmless wildlife)...you went to the gym???!!!

...kinda ruins in for me.

wait, you can still redeem yourself with me..did you at least steal the gasoline, buy it with a stolen credit card?

anything? Bueller?

alleycat

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys 2.0t
Occupation
Retired
Just get in the habit of pushing two buttons every time you start the jeep. I'm used to this already.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even if true, we can’t control volcanic eruptions, and their occurrence might be all the more reason that CO2 emissions we can control we be deligent about.

Mr. Dalton, at least prior to this I had respect for your civil defiant CO2 producing actions. Tell me you did something productive with the trip (which doesn’t include destroying harmless wildlife)...you went to the gym???!!!

...kinda ruins in for me.

wait, you can still redeem yourself with me..did you at least steal the gasoline, buy it with a stolen credit card?

anything? Bueller?
Well, Mr.Ralph Nader/Michael Moore wannabe, i couldn't care any less, about wanting to "Redeem" myself in your eyes. I think your way of thinking, and the imposing(wishing to impose) your myopic views on reality, on others, are very harmful to what many people consider freedom.
Your Doe Eyed, and Narcissistic view of Humans ability to control the worlds environment is laughable, sophomoric, and ignorant.
Oh, a little fact for you. Your Wrangler is not eco friendly. It is a gas guzzler. In your own views, it is imposing harmful noxious chemical fumes on innocent people, unable to control your behavior.
My 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel gets 18 mpg around town, and I tested and obtained 28.6 mpg on an over 300 mile trip. All the while putting out less harmful emissions than your Jeep.
Now, what kind of milage, true testes(I meant Test, but testes is funnier. You have to love auto correct) milage, does your Jeep get??

Last edited:

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just get in the habit of pushing two buttons every time you start the jeep. I'm used to this already.

Oh, trying to derail the derailed topic??

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Well, Mr.Ralph Nader/Michael Moore wannabe, i couldn't care any less, about wanting to "Redeem" myself in your eyes. I think your way of thinking, and the imposing(wishing to impose) your myopic views on reality, on others, are very harmful to what many people consider freedom.
Your Doe Eyed, and Narcissistic view of Humans ability to control the worlds environment is laughable, sophomoric, and ignorant.
Oh, a little fact for you. Your Wrangler is not eco friendly. It is a gas guzzler. In your own views, it is imposing harmful noxious chemical fumes on innocent people, unable to control your behavior.
My 2006 Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel gets 18 mpg around town, and I tested and obtained 28.6 mpg on an over 300 mile trip. All the while putting out less harmful emissions than your Jeep.
Now, what kind of milage, true testes milage, does your Jeep get??
jest:

mr dalton .... this is gee-pah’s wife.

he is too upset to talk to you. He says that finding out that you were productive, efficient with you express gas guzzling trip...

to quote him, it’s like Marilyn Monroe giving you permission to take her clothes off and finding out she was a “he.”

you didn’t fully commit mr dalton. Gym? Sigh.

it’s like us going to a green peace rally to annoy you...

...in a Ford excursion.

seriously: misaligned? , what scientific community and international bodies on climate “pollution “ back your play?

it’s not even a fair fight

and really, you want my mpg after using 1/4 tank of gas since COVID started. At least ask me for the kwatt hours my battery trickle charger has used since then.

sigh, your polluting truck gets better mileage than my wrangler......such a disappointment

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jest:

mr dalton .... this is gee-pah’s wife.

he is too upset to talk to you. He says that finding out that you were productive, efficient with you express gas guzzling trip...

to quote him, it’s like Marilyn Monroe giving you permission to take her clothes off and finding out she was a “he.”

you didn’t fully commit mr dalton. Gym? Sigh.

it’s like us going to a green peace rally to annoy you...

...in a Ford excursion.

seriously: misaligned? , what scientific community and international bodies on climate “pollution “ back your play?

it’s not even a fair fight.
Hold on, ................…....…........................, well, my 80 yr old mother was unavailable to respond to your post, on my behalf. Sorry.
If you husband is going to Vapor Lock, over a few challenging posts, then I will be the bigger man and bow out. Out of respect for you, his wife.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Thomas Jefferson said I believe that( a little revolution is good for the republic now and then). Maybe some restrictive breeding and cleansing thrown in).

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Now, what kind of milage, true testes(I meant Test, but testes is funnier. You have to love auto correct) milage, does your Jeep get??
Ok, jokes aside (yeah, not my wife, not upset, see "jest") I have completely understood that accommodating me was all along not your plan. I imagine you can appreciate that I'm no more upset by your actions that you are concerned with my feelings.

The thing of it is though, it's not just me, it's many many of us in the developed world and it's not just herd mentality: it's backed by science.

I'm not sure if you think Global warming is 1) a hoax, 2) true but not man made, 3) man made, but man, evidenced by deliberate spiteful driving behavior like yours, is too selfish to remedy, 4) so far gone that man cannot correct it, or yet something else. So I really don't know how to respond to you because I don't know what your beliefs here are other than than my approach being nonsense.

Claiming I have a Narcisstic view of humans--wow that's a first--I don't even think that's possible--dare I say a contradiction in terms.

Narcissism is a a human's love of (individual) self gone haywire, not a human's love of mankind in excess--but whatever. And yet I think I get what you're saying--that I have too much trust that man will solve this CO2 problem (that maybe you don't think is a problem?)

I don't. See my clip from The Matrix above.

But I do have to believe that it's possible, even if your sure it's only a pipe dream, because the alternative is to do nothing, and make environmental crises a self fulfilling prophesy even if it turns out we could have controlled our destiny more than you seem to think (err: know) we can.

I previously claimed that I'm no boy scout on climate, owning a Wrangler and all, but I so rarely use it, especially since COVID, and I am considering a (Wrangler) hybrid, or electric vehicle, fully aware that things like the ground pollution its used batteries creates, for example, is no perfect solution either.

Here's what confuses me. First you seek to get under my skin with promises of express gas guzzling behaviors--as if I'm paying for your wasted gasoline. Next, your telling me how your truck not only gets better gas mileage than my Wrangler, but your methods of highway driving it only further improve its performance. Exactly what position do you hold? Are you trying to spite me or one up me in "greeness?"

I think it's very appropriate how you use the phrase "what many people consider freedom." It's this very illusionary "seeking of freedom" that far too many people fool themselves and try to fool others into believing they're pursuing when all their really doing is engaging in irresponsible and selfish behaviors that compromise themselves and others using "freedom" as their mask. Speaking of masks, people fighting the wearing of COVID masks is a perfect example of this.

(If we could not infect others though, I would see the mask-less freedom fighter's point.)

Certainly you're not so gung ho about freedom that you think it okay to yell fire in a crowded movie theater as some 1st amendment right when there is none, do you? Certainly you think there are limits to freedom right, particularly where other people's freedoms are negatively impacted, right?

So if your actions aren't freedom, what is? It's fighting for your right to spew CO2 into the air from some guzzler that you agree (and me too) to pay, say, triple the price of gasoline for, the additional 2/3's being the cost to clean up after yourself.

Dude--I would never address someone's typos here unless it led to misunderstanding of meaning--as if I'm the perfect speller.

But I will take issue with your spell checker. It changes test to testes and yet not milage to mileage. Wow.

We will disagree, but let's hope I'm right about mankind's ability to change our destiny. Our descendant's futures--the one's we're potentially pissing on today lie in the balance.

Take the last word if you like. I wish to move on--talk about Wranglers.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.