Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Good guess, but that's not it. The deal was announced on March 10, 1987, and completed on August 6, 1987. Can't figure out what would've happened on May 25. With Jeep's love of putting Easter Eggs on the Wrangler, I have to believe it means something.

Then again, it could just be something random. Like the birthdate of one of the kids of an engineer or someone working in the ad department.
25mpg is the stated electric range?
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
thats where you plug it in.
haha, that's not a real off-road 'JEEP'. It's a full blown mall cruiser. I've been all over the western US back country and have yet to see one of these....
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler 4XE Launch Brochure reveals unique wheels and gauge cluster Electric car chargin

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hope the gaugeon the right works better than my speedometer gauge. :P
It does make me wonder... Is there a federal mandate that a speedometer be visible at all times? (I don't know.) Meaning, if the right "physical" gauge is a power consumption/charge gauge and the left is RPM, do you have to have the middle screen on the speedometer at all times? That would be unfortunate.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
haha, that's not a real off-road 'JEEP'. It's a full blown mall cruiser. I've been all over the western US back country and have yet to see one of these....
Electric car charging.jpeg

it’s also a hybrid so you never have to plug it in if you don’t want to but every non apartment dweller has an outlet at home for daily commuting

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Jeep Wrangler JL 2021 Wrangler 4XE Launch Brochure reveals unique wheels and gauge cluster Electric car chargin
Huh? not a real jeep? You sound like an old man screaming for horse and buggies to return.

Things evolve. This is faster, better mpg and gives you options beyond the ICE

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Silent operation and massive torque available off-road at 1 rpm has a ton appeal

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Huh? not a real jeep? You sound like an old man screaming for horse and buggies to return.

Things evolve. This is faster, better mpg and gives you options beyond the ICE
Next to useless on a off-road vehicle.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
With regen braking you can recharge battery and increa

You seem pretty close-minded.
Haha, You call me an old man and then close-minded for my opinions. Maybe you should look in the mirror before calling out folks on their opinions.

Lil Red

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Haha, You call me an old man and then close-minded for my opinions. Maybe you should look in the mirror before calling out folks on their opinions.
Your opinions can make you sound close minded.

Sponsored

Fikestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
I am curious about "first-year-model-blues" on this jeep. For the 4xE, the body, suspension, interior, electric stuff, and front half of the engine is all exactly the same as the 2018+ wrangler JLs. The 2.0 eTorque has been out for a few years.

Of course, the transmission and the electric motors are new, so those are the places to watch out. The regenerative braking is probably a place for some cr@p to breakdown with lots of mud and sand. As many have said, the Pacifica has used this system before (not sure if the tranny is shared), so maybe that could be considered a good test for the system.

Anyway, for ten years I have complained that nobody has made a decent hybrid 4x4. For ten years I have languished in crossovers (liberty, 2x subaru, cherokee) because I didn't want to consume so much oil.

Come hell or high water, I absolutely must buy this jeep. ...and you know what...2020 is a good year for hell and high water, so I must buy this jeep.

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I am curious about "first-year-model-blues" on this jeep. For the 4xE, the body, suspension, interior, electric stuff, and front half of the engine is all exactly the same as the 2018+ wrangler JLs. The 2.0 eTorque has been out for a few years.

Of course, the transmission and the electric motors are new, so those are the places to watch out. The regenerative braking is probably a place for some cr@p to breakdown with lots of mud and sand. As many have said, the Pacifica has used this system before (not sure if the tranny is shared), so maybe that could be considered a good test for the system.

Anyway, for ten years I have complained that nobody has made a decent hybrid 4x4. For ten years I have languished in crossovers (liberty, 2x subaru, cherokee) because I didn't want to consume so much oil.

Come hell or high water, I absolutely must buy this jeep. ...and you know what...2020 is a good year for hell and high water, so I must buy this jeep.
actually everything but a few few ancillary parts has been in the pacifica for a couple years.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Your opinions can make you sound close minded.
By the definition of "close minded" how does me saying, it's "nearly useless off-road" play into close minded ? It does not.

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue

I believe the system is even more simplistic than you might be imagining, this isn't like a tesla where there are motors at every wheel, there's nothing different about the brakes. The internals of the transmission are probably mostly similar to the 850RE

Basically the difference is the torque converter is replaced with a large motor-generator. Besides battery and cooling that's about it. When running in electric or hybrid mode, that motor is spinning the input shaft of the transmission during acceleration (either by itself or in conjunction with the gas engine), during deceleration that engine is being spun and works like a generator to restore some power (regenerative "braking").

Fikestrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
, there's nothing different about the brakes. The internals of the transmission are probably mostly similar to the 850RE
during deceleration that engine is being spun and works like a generator to restore some power (regenerative "braking").
So you are saying that the regenerative brakes don't have anything at the wheel? Are they more like engine braking with a generator in the transmission?
Sponsored